Metal Storm logo
Trivium

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 23.05.2006 - 05:50
well i think trivium is really cool .. really good good band.They are metalcore with some trash influences. however they are an awesome band with great guitarrists,nice bass and good drumming and well a good voice (some parts are really hard and you get bored) but i think THEY ARE AWESOME..I will see them on s.o.t.u with as i lay dying and cannibal corpse
What's your opinion about this band ?
26.08.2008 - 01:49
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.08.2008 at 22:02

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 03.07.2007 at 19:39

They're trash to me.

It's Thrash, not trash.

wait.. maybe he wasn't talking about the genre. xD
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
26.08.2008 - 21:30
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I keep making teh same mistake... I'm trying to correct it though.
THrash. I still like Trivium
@Mr. Doctor: Well Doc, I'm like an expert in THrash Metal or anything, they're good for me... Maybe if I knew more bands I'd consider Trivium crap. But since I barely Know... Sepultura, Slayer, Metallica... what else.... LOL nothing more.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
26.08.2008 - 21:41
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 26.08.2008 at 21:30

@Mr. Doctor: Well Doc, I'm like an expert in THrash Metal or anything, they're good for me... Maybe if I knew more bands I'd consider Trivium crap. But since I barely Know... Sepultura, Slayer, Metallica... what else.... LOL nothing more.

Na man.. I don't care about which band do you like or not, no hard feelings ^^. I do believe they're not good.
But at the same time it seems like people tend to hate this band waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much and that's something that bother me a little bit tbh.
And I'm not a expert either, I'm just good to memorize names
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.08.2008 - 21:57
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.08.2008 at 21:41

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 26.08.2008 at 21:30

Na man.. I don't care about which band do you like or not, no hard feelings ^^. I do believe they're not good.
But at the same time it seems like people tend to hate this band waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much and that's something that bother me a little bit tbh.
And I'm not a expert either, I'm just good to memorize names

No hard feelings. I like that, respect on the others musc taste. Wether if it's bad or good
Indeed, everyone seems to at Trivium and I still don't understand why. It's like a fad for tr00 metalheads t hate them and Metallica and In Flames LOL
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

28.08.2008 - 13:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Damnated on 26.08.2008 at 01:49

They're trash to me.

It's Thrash, not trash.

hahahaah, it's so much funnier as Jonas actually likes them lol

i gave them a try some time ago, but i didn't like what i heard, the vocals annoy me..
02.09.2008 - 05:04
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 28.08.2008 at 13:38

Written by Damnated on 26.08.2008 at 01:49

They're trash to me.

It's Thrash, not trash.

hahahaah, it's so much funnier as Jonas actually likes them lol

i gave them a try some time ago, but i didn't like what i heard, the vocals annoy me..

OK, OK....
I'll never forget to put the H in THrash again...
----

09.09.2008 - 23:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Has anyone heard the new Trivium material? It's pop, not thrash. I was under the impression that Trivium is in the extreme section because The Crusade can be considered thrash (pop Spice Girls thrash to me), but one metal album out of four shouldn't deem a band to be extreme. This probably should be moved... maybe make it a child board to the homosexuality thread?
10.09.2008 - 00:05
Jagdgeschwader
Account deleted
Their early stuff I kinda liked. Overall, I think they pretty much suck. Same repetitive riffs, annoying screamo vocals, etc.
12.09.2008 - 17:54
EaTNaLiVe666
Account deleted
Metallica wannabe's is how I look at them haha
12.09.2008 - 22:21
VPeter
It seems this thread is more made for people who hate Trivium and want to mess around with them.
I tried one of their new songs today(Down From the Sky)... My gawwd it is terrible, way worse what I have heard of them before.
02.10.2008 - 07:06
Nicko's Nose
Looks like Shogun will have a low rating since the close minded metalheads are rating it... and they probably didn't even listen to it.

Funny thing is that a good amount of the people that hate Trivium hate them only because they aren't tr00 metal!11!!eleven! and some others didn't even listen to them.
03.10.2008 - 16:37
MarzipanMetal
Account deleted
seems like people like the shogun, i mean its number 9 on the ms charts right now so yeah. by the way i think the album was awesome
04.10.2008 - 06:58
TheVonBraun
Account deleted
Awesome new album!! SHOGUN!!

Definitely better than Crusade and Ember to Inferno and the other one i can't remember

Kirisute Gomen is such a cool song
04.10.2008 - 07:07
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 04.10.2008 at 06:58

Definitely better than Crusade and Ember to Inferno and the other one i can't remember

The other album is Ascendancy.

I just saw teh video Down From teh Sky... it's a nice song IMO, but I still ahve to get the albu to give a full opinion. I liek The Crussade alot... SO far I've heard Shogun is similar, so it must eb good.
----

04.10.2008 - 07:48
Nicko's Nose
Down From The Sky is one of the weakest songs IMO. Its also the most mainstream sounding song because the rest don't really sound mainstream compared to the previous albums. Btw, there's nothing metalcore about the album except the screaming.

Anyway, its a GREAT album overall! It deserves the rating that it has right now (8.4), but sadly, it won't keep this rating for long, the close minded tr00 metalheads are coming and you can be sure that a lot of them will give it the lowest rating without even listening to it.
09.10.2008 - 13:51
Ignusblack
Damn, this band is realy bad, really man... haha I don't see anything special here, I haven't listen to all there music obvius my ears couln't listen... I need to hear there latest album to see if some good came out of it
10.10.2008 - 12:37
Shadowcross
The Summoner

They're trash to me.

Yeah... They are completely TRASH. [Sorry, Couldn't resist jejeje ]

It's Thrash, not trash. But they are both anyway
Ok... Getting serious:
I listened to them a while ago. And I'm sure, they are bad IMO. But the tr00 metal kitties really piss me off, specially on the privous page. Trivium is Thrash, a bad one... but still. Guys, Don't be too fucking narrow-minded and try to have the balls to accept it.

PS: Jonas, No offense [seriously] but the fact that a band make the same song every time with different lyrics it's NOT sticking to a style . That's the worst way to defend an unoriginal band tbh.

You are so correct man .. with one exception.. I think the album Ascendancy is excellent. 9/10
Maybe whoever posted this thread hadn't heard the following album, 'Crusade' or whatever. utter rubbish. After they told everyone they'd be the next Metallica that's when the good music seemed to have ended. The 4th album Shogun's tracks are predictable rubbish too.
11.10.2008 - 01:24
Sonsofsabbath
I have ascendency and crusade. I am not really into there sound. However their cover of master of puppets is quite good. Thats the only song I listen to. What does that indicate? I do have respect for bands that can play convincing covers of difficult songs to pull off, and trivium does this with mop. Check out Volbet from Denmark.
22.10.2008 - 03:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Nicko's Nose on 02.10.2008 at 07:06

Looks like Shogun will have a low rating since the close minded metalheads are rating it... and they probably didn't even listen to it.

There is a difference between being close-minded and being selective. They were a terrible metalcore band who knew they were bad so they switched their style to Metallica rip-off. I don't think its a coincidence that most metalheads consider this band crap. It appears if we think Trivium is bad we're all close minded.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.10.2008 - 04:51
Nicko's Nose
Nah, hating Trivium because of their music (I said MUSIC, not GENRE) doesn't make you close minded.

But hating them for reasons that have nothing to do with the QUALITY of their music is close minded. Rating their albums badly without even listening to them is too. I know as a FACT that a lot of metalheads are like that.
22.10.2008 - 06:21
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by Nicko's Nose on 22.10.2008 at 04:51

Nah, hating Trivium because of their music (I said MUSIC, not GENRE) doesn't make you close minded.

But hating them for reasons that have nothing to do with the QUALITY of their music is close minded. Rating their albums badly without even listening to them is too. I know as a FACT that a lot of metalheads are like that.

It seems that you rated the new Decrepit Birth as a 1. So what you just said appears to be speaking for yourself also. ... how can you rate that album a 1 if you're a metalhead in the first place ? ... polar extremes or what ?
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
22.10.2008 - 07:09
Nicko's Nose
I hated this album with my first listens (I have to admit that 1 was a bit too low though), but I have to say that it has surprisingly grown on me a bit, so now I'd rate it 4/10, but nothing more.
22.10.2008 - 10:00
METAL!
I can't stand Trivium. In my eyes they are fakes and don't play to their real potential. Although their new album is alot better than anything they released in the past ESPECIALLY the crusade. That album was terrible beyond belief. Ascendancy was lame, but at least they were playing their style. The Metallica rip-off of the Crusade was completely uncalled for and sloppy. I have no problems with Trivium fans though. I just simply do not like the band, their music, and their mentality.
22.10.2008 - 18:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Nicko's Nose on 22.10.2008 at 04:51

Well, if you'll actually read this correctly:
Written by Doc G. on 22.10.2008 at 03:28

.....They were a terrible metalcore band.....

Terrible is the insult, not metalcore. Believe me, I had to sit through 2 of their albums multiple times through in a former band-mates car after that Metallica knock-off album was released. To jump to assumption that the 85% of metalheads that think Trivium sucks are all just close-minded is really funny, do you ever consider the fact that its just widely accepted they aren't very good?

EDIT: Let me elaborate a little further. The quality of the music is very questionable, they went from being generic metalcore (and yes, I can judge a band based on genre, a genre is a sub-division of music where the bands/artists generally share a similar sound, metalcore just sounds bad to me), then they realized that no one actually likes metalcore, so in an attempt to appeal to actual metalheads they went and tried to be Metallica....thats just.....sad.
----
- George Carlin
14.11.2008 - 12:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 14.11.2008 at 12:27

Trivium is the future of metal!!Shogunis the best Trivium ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Pyroleperchaun is probably going to go hang himself right about now.
----
- George Carlin
14.11.2008 - 12:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
What genre is Shogun more leaning to?
14.11.2008 - 23:28
VPeter
Written by Valentin B on 14.11.2008 at 12:41

What genre is Shogun more leaning to?

metalpopcore
15.11.2008 - 00:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Kinda sounds like they are trying to copy Iron Maiden now, but I could be wrong
15.11.2008 - 16:52
I am a Trivium fan but i do not like Shogun that much to be honest There just leaning towards pop more and more its not what i wanted to listen to....when matt and corey said this is going to be brutal i got excited....Shogun is about as brutal as my nana
26.07.2009 - 19:59
Saitenhexerin
Wow, it was quite hard to find this thread.
I just found this on Youtube and I really like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxHT--beBCc

It is an acoustic cover version of Down From The Sky!
Enjoy!
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.