08. Neptune's Spear
09. Canna-Business
10. The Number Game

Additional info
Label: Nuclear Blast Records.

Guest review by
Shamppy
Rating:
We typically associate the job of producer with the overall sound quality of an album. When things sound crisp and clean, we praise the album's "production values". However, that's not the sole role of a competent producer; if it were, then a sound engineer to mix the album would suffice. The real job these guys have is to have good taste and to help the band and their songs be the best versions of themselves. Producers help with musical structure, song selection, track list order, and, in some cases, they go as far as to change musical segments entirely.

Read more ››
published 28.05.2019 | Comments (6)

Found in 43 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 44   Visited by: 1079 users
19.03.2017 - 18:43
Toxik

Written by tea[m]ster on 19.03.2017 at 18:39

Written by Toxik on 14.03.2017 at 23:44

I am the only who prefers Testament post- The Gathering to the classics (altough The Legacy is amazing)?

Nothing will ever compare to their first 3 albums - some of my favorite thrash albums of all time.
Well, I like a lot The Legacy but I never really got into The New Order And PWYP...
19.03.2017 - 18:48
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Toxik on 19.03.2017 at 18:43

Well, I like a lot The Legacy but I never really got into The New Order And PWYP...

Oh man. Get on them. So great!!
----
rekt
12.04.2018 - 01:31
Rating: 10
TreyWeddle

In all honesty, I think Testament and Exodus should be apart of the big four. I love Megadeth and Anthrax, but Testament and Exodus's new albums are so much better than either of their new albums. I loved Brotherhood of the Snake so much more than Dystopia & For All Kings. This one had me headbanging nearly the whole way through. Great job Testament!
12.04.2018 - 10:28
Rating: 7
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by TreyWeddle on 12.04.2018 at 01:31

In all honesty, I think Testament and Exodus should be apart of the big four. I love Megadeth and Anthrax, but Testament and Exodus's new albums are so much better than either of their new albums. I loved Brotherhood of the Snake so much more than Dystopia & For All Kings. This one had me headbanging nearly the whole way through. Great job Testament!

Years pass, seasons change, but people still misunderstand the concept of "Big Four". It's never been about music quality, but about record sales.
16.04.2018 - 18:12
TreyWeddle

Written by Daniell on 12.04.2018 at 10:28

Written by TreyWeddle on 12.04.2018 at 01:31

Years pass, seasons change, but people still misunderstand the concept of "Big Four". It's never been about music quality, but about record sales.

Unfortunately you're right. Oh well, at least Testament & Exodus are still around for us to jam out to, eh?
26.11.2018 - 17:26
Vikcen
Metálico
For me this album is one of the best of their career, at the same level to discs like The Legacy or The Gathering, thrash metal at its best
24.03.2019 - 14:57
Rating: 5
Maasai Mara

James Hetfield can sing.. Load, Reload.. I wear my heart on a sleeve, I was born to loose,The day I die, no tears be cried.. The only feeling this album inspires are thoughts of when will it fuckin end..
----
You are not metal enough until you visit Kenya. The cradle of mankind, where man learnt first to work with stones and first enjoyed the sounds produced by banging stones which later influenced metal in all its sounds and genres.
04.11.2020 - 17:02
Rating: 6
Mountain King
K i K o
Every track sounds almost the same on the last 3 albums. Production is very good as usual, songs are cliche, mid tempo or fast, vocals are ok and too monotonous and solos are typical of most thrash which means many notes fast notes no melody (I know it's not a melodic genre) and just nothing that memorable unfortunately. I like the mid section of Neptune's Spear though.
31.12.2020 - 05:34
Rating: 8
JavierPaper

Good album
23.09.2021 - 08:30
Rating: 8
GrimReaper85

Similar to previous 2 albums, but as already said, not that memorable.
01.09.2023 - 14:59
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Vikcen on 26.11.2018 at 17:26

For me this album is one of the best of their career, at the same level to discs like The Legacy or The Gathering, thrash metal at its best

Damn son, that's a bold statement
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
01.09.2023 - 15:12
JoHn Doe

Written by Auntie Sahar on 01.09.2023 at 14:59

Written by Vikcen on 26.11.2018 at 17:26

Damn son, that's a bold statement

It is
I love Testament but I would never say that.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
01.09.2023 - 17:53
Rating: 6
Guib
Thrash Talker
It is far from being as good or memorable as The Gathering or The Legacy. No clue how someone manages to think that or that this is one of their best in career while listening to this.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
01.09.2023 - 18:21
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Guib on 01.09.2023 at 17:53

It is far from being as good or memorable as The Gathering or The Legacy. No clue how someone manages to think that or that this is one of their best in career while listening to this.

Me either, but to each their own. The New Order is probably my favorite Testament, with The Legavy right behind. I also am really drawn to The Ritual and their slower stuff from the 90s, I think it’s an underrated part of their discog for sure. Not as good as some other thrashier stuff they did but it’s not BAD by any means, just different. At least they weren’t just getting stale trying to churn out banger after banger, yeah?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 21529 | This month: 27