Metal Storm logo
Aerosmith - Guitarist Joe Perry Hospitalized After Collapsing On Stage

Aerosmith's guitarist Joe Perry is now in a stable condition at a New York hospital after falling ill at a concert, police said. The musician, 65, had taken to the stage Sunday at Coney Island with his group the Hollywood Vampires when he collapsed and was rushed to the hospital. The Hollywood Vampires is also made up of singer Alice Cooper and actor Johnny Depp.

On Aerosmith's Facebook page, the band updated: "Joe Perry is stable right now, with family and is under the best care. Thank you to all of the fans reaching out and sending their thoughts his way."

Photo by: Zack Whitford Photography

Bassist Tom Hamilton tweeted last night: "Thankfully, Joe seems to be better than we all first feared. Here's hoping he's back on stage soon, doing what he loves to do!"

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler wrote on his Twitter account: "Feel the millions of prayers coming your way. We all love you. Sending white light and all that I got your way."

Here's a video from an audience member which shows Perry appearing slumped on a portion of the stage at the Ford Amphitheater on the Coney Island Boardwalk before he staggers behind a wall on stage, where members of the New York police and fire departments attended to him.

Source: edition.cnn.com
Band profile: Aerosmith
Posted: 12.07.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 59 users
12.07.2016 - 13:13
Sword_Chant

I'm starting to think that for classic great bands eg. Motorhead, Maiden, aged 60+, it is better off for the members to do more albums and less shows.
12.07.2016 - 14:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sword_Chant on 12.07.2016 at 13:13

I'm starting to think that for classic great bands eg. Motorhead, Maiden, aged 60+, it is better off for the members to do more albums and less shows.

This band last good album was in 70's . First five was good one, Mainden lastest 2 sucks. What else Motorhead was OK
Bands at such age and rich bands cant write good music, so live performance is OK, but they need slow down, take a brake
Remember age, but same time Lemmy was happy, better go such way as disabled
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.07.2016 - 12:00
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Bad English on 12.07.2016 at 14:01

Written by Sword_Chant on 12.07.2016 at 13:13

This band last good album was in 70's . First five was good one, Mainden lastest 2 sucks. What else Motorhead was OK
Bands at such age and rich bands cant write good music, so live performance is OK, but they need slow down, take a brake
Remember age, but same time Lemmy was happy, better go such way as disabled

I think Aerosmith's late 80s phase was decent, even though it was a sell-out. Maiden started to suck much earlier. Its just that their latest 2 albums have 0 good songs. Motorhead is Motorhead... even when they were average they never sucked. I have no clue how those grandpas from Rolling Stones can keep making world tours when they're over 70 and these guys collapse on stage barely in their 60s.
13.07.2016 - 12:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Maiden even ''sucked'' was metal and is metal, this is some pop rock now, non decent rocking songs, like I said first 5 is O, 90's those are just mtv songs and mtv somehow says they rocks, but they don't
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1522 | This month: 3