Metal Storm logo
Guns N' Roses - Detained At Canadian Border For Gun Possession

Guns N' Roses was detained at the Canadian border for having a gun on board, frontman Axl Rose revealed to a sold-out crowd of 50,000 at Toronto's Rogers Centre Saturday night (July 16th). The singer waited until the evening's 18th song, "Out Ta Get Me," before telling the story. At least they are being true to their band name. Guns N' Roses are currently on the road on their Not In This Lifetime tour, with Rose joined in the lineup by guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan. Original drummer Steven Adler also joined the band onstage recently, appearing at shows in Nashville and Cincinnati.

"You did what? What? 'Oh, yeah, we found a gun.' So we weren't exactly arrested, we were detained," Rose said, smiling, and emphasizing the word "detained."

"They were very nice. They were very nice," he said of the customs officers. "They were very understanding. You know, it happens - you can forget you had a f---in' gun," he said sarcastically, laughing, then shrugging. "Wasn't my gun."

A band representative confirmed the story to Billboard. "Yes, this indeed happened on Friday, July 15, as they were crossing the border coming from the Philadelphia tour stop on the 14th." The gun did not belong to any member of the band, according to the representative.

Guns N' Roses had been detained at the Canadian border before. It seems to have started happening early in the band's career. In a 1988 interview with Spin, Rose is quoted as saying, "This year, I was only arrested once at the Canadian border, for my stun gun. I didn't know they're illegal there."

Source: yahoo.com
Band profile: Guns N' Roses
Posted: 18.07.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 102 users
18.07.2016 - 13:12
Andreas

Must... resist... saying something about their band name...
18.07.2016 - 13:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Next step is they be bused on border when take to USA contraband roses
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.07.2016 - 20:05
Maco
Pvt Funderground
How they dare to take th3ir fr33333d000m away?
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
18.07.2016 - 23:30
psykometal
A staff guy...
Guns N' Roses got busted for driving around with guns (and probably roses, too)?!?!?!?!?! How dare they live up to their namesake!!!!!
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

25.07.2016 - 12:45
Flyingbroom

Haha, bless...

Hits total: 1735 | This month: 1