Metal Storm logo
Interesting Non-metal Discoveries

20.07.2016 - 22:05
Enteroctopus
Computers are only as smart as the people programming them and as we all know people are pretty damned stupid! Fortunately this leads to some interesting discoveries and I wondered if anybody has found bands (other than metal bands) accidentally, and share a brief story of how you found them.

The band is called Emperor Norton's Stationary Marching Band. I was looking for Emperor's "In the Nightside Eclipse," and Amazon suggested the above because, you know, fans of black metal tend to listen to Jazz. I mean, obviously right?

Anyway, I thought they were pretty cool and bought their CD anyway. Interestingly it's titled, "Mephistophelian Manifesto," so of course I had to find out what it sounded like.

It sort of reminds me of New Orleans street Jazz/Jewish or Gypsy music maybe? I'm not quite sure, but another odd twist in my Emperor adventures is my music player gets info about all the bands from Last.FM, and did you know that Emperor is a DJ!

I had no idea. It's true, The Emperor is a DJ, not to be confused with Emperor, the norwegian black metal band, because why would we confuse it with that band of miscreants?

What cool or weird bands have you found? Share them because I dig odd types of music.