Metal Storm logo
Alcest - To Release 'Kodama' Album In September

The French duo Alcest will release their new and fifth album Kodama on September 30th, 2016 via Prophecy Productions, it was just announced. The band has also revealed the album's cover artwork and song titles. "Kodama" is the Japanese word for both "tree spirit" and "echo". The artwork has been done by the French duo Førtifem. Check it out here.

Tracklist:

01. Kodama
02. Eclosion
03. Je Suis D'ailleurs
04. Untouched
05. Oiseaux De Proie
06. Onyx

Originally triggered by Hayao Miyazaki's anime film "Princess Mononoke", Kodama picks up on the fate of its protagonist and, at its core, deals with the sensation of not belonging; of living in between worlds, be it city and nature or the physical and spiritual one. Duality is also crucial for the visual approach of the album, realized by French graphic designer duo Førtifem. Paying tribute to Japanese illustrators like Takato Yamamoto, the visuals portray contrasting elements like nature/urbanity, youth/death, femininity/animality and combine poetic elements with darker ones that were not present in Alcest's earlier works.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Alcest
Posted: 26.07.2016 by FrisoVanDaalen

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 108 users
26.07.2016 - 22:22
Alondate

That's really cool. I adore Princess Mononoke. So this is a win-win situation for me
27.07.2016 - 00:09
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Beautiful artwork! Hope it will be better than Shelter as it was disappointing for me
27.07.2016 - 05:55
Ocean Sage

I'm excited to hear where they are now. Alcest is a great band.
27.07.2016 - 10:19
qnick90

Little more metal and little less aaaaiiiieeeaaaaoooo hipster yowling, please!
27.07.2016 - 16:51
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Extra points for being based on anime.
Let's see what this turns out to be. But i'm honestly a bit skeptycal about Alcest after the last album and especially after that failure Drudkh collab project
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
29.07.2016 - 04:32
Mechaniacal

Princess Mononoke is probably the best animated film I've ever seen and obviously my favorite from Ghibli. This could be amazing.

Hits total: 2714 | This month: 4