Metal Storm logo
Italian Doom Metal

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 23.05.2006 - 11:22
Forgotten Tomb - They play Black/Doom Metal.
They music are Torturous, bleak suicidal music with screams. Glorification of depression and suicide to the maximum.
They are my fav black/doom metal band.
Home Page www.forgottentomb.com

Abysmal Grief - Dreamy and atmospheric doom/dark-metal which at times leans more towards darkwave. Interesting use of organ/keyboards and uses both grunts and clean vocals. Pretty original stuff.
Home Page: www.abysmalgrief.com

What Can I say About Cultus Sanguine. Well weird and original dark metal with black, doom and goth elements. Despite the Black-metal elements they have a very sad and melancholic sound.
Its just amazing But band has no home page. This is best album of band "The Sum of All Fears'' I think released in 1999 or 2000.

Doomsword: Well If you like Manowar you like this band.
Mixture of Manowar and Epic tradional Doom. Take the Doomiest songs Manowar released, add a tiny bit more doom to it, and you will have a good idea as to how Doomsword sounds

Serenades: They are amazing, amazing
Early Anathema and My Dying Bride inspired Death/Doom band with tendencies towards Gothic-Metal. Relatively heavy use of keyboards to set the atmosphere, creating a rather grand allure to the music. The vocals vary between wailing in the tradition of Aaron's (My Dying Bride) clean vocals and grunts. Overall lengthy and majestic-sounding compositions
thay had 2 albums and they are greaat.
"The Age of Purity''
"Ionia". I had lost this CD, damn

Thunderstorm: Candlemass fans like it, and Iced earth too.
Stunning traditional Doom-metal the way Candlemass used to make it! Slow and epic lamentations mixed with traces of Iced Earth! This is something for all the Candlemass fans longing for a trip back to those glory days, or just fans of solid slow heavy metal

How Like a Winter: This is not my style of doom, but lyrics are amazing.
Mixture of Gothic-metal and Doom-metal from Italy. The band took their name from a sonnet by William Shakespeare and present the listener with a mixture of fragile melodies and sad doom-metal. The band uses violin, keys and also the occasional acoustic guitar to get their sad message across. Female and male vocals (clean, whisper and grunts) are also mixed, but the male vocals seem to dominate the music. Unlike most metal bands, who are dominated by males, with perhaps one female vocalist, How like a Winter divides the duties equally, consisting off 3 females and 3 males.
Only album is "...Beyond My Grey Wake''
www.howlikeawinter.it

Void of Silence - Dark, twisted band with an unusual, experimental sound similar to that of Esoteric, but with more emphasis on dark industrial elements and unique vocals that cover the whole spectrum of black metal shrieks to monk chants. Their latest opus 'Human antithesis' has a more epic feel to it, due to the recruitment of vocalist Alan Nemtheanga
www.voidofsilence.com

Other(Name): Well I know some 6-9 doom metal bands from Italy, but there are no much left.

Why I open it. Well there are so many topics about germany, french and best of, witch is best band of these or this vs that, so I choose open about Italy.
I like Italian band lyricks, specely doom metal, they are amazing.
I think Italian doom metal bands are most poetical in world, maybe Poema Arcanus is first, but then Italy and "Vampire" Area, by "Vampire Area" I mean Hungary, Czech Repuvlic, Bulgaria and Rumania.
Maybe some day I open about frenxh doom metal, because there are some great bands too, not so much but still some
For Example Distress.

My fav doom metal lyric are Poema Arcanus "Female Poison"

Other bands what you shood hear are:
17 Days, Abysmal Grief, April Fish(yes ist some kind a funny name but music are good)
Alos Beatrik, Arcana Coleastia, Austerity, Black Hole, Blackland, Blood Stained Host, Bloody Wings, Consummatum Est, Circus of Damnation, Deep Well of Horror, Cultus Sanguine, Dark Quarterer, Doomsword, Doomenicus, Doomraiser, Elysium Field's, Enoch, How Like a Winter, In Aevum Agere, L'Impero Delle Ombre, Labyrinthus Noctis, Lymph of Wisdoom, Malasangre, Mournful Grace, Obscura Nocte, Power Beyond Paolo Catena(AKA Paul Chain), Ras Algethi, Remember November, Sleeping Village, Sortilegium, Thunderstorm, Unholy Cross, Veiled Moon(italian verse about Empyrium),

Poll

Witch Is Best Doom Metal Band From Italy?

Other(Name)
Forgotten Tomb
Void of Silence
How Like a Winter
Doomsword
Cultus Sanguine
Serenades
Abysmal Grief
Thunderstorm

Total votes: 26
07.06.2006 - 16:30
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 07.06.2006 at 00:17

Written by Damnated on 05.06.2006 at 09:31

Written by Bad English on 02.06.2006 at 01:56

BTW Opeth and Novembre start like pure oldschool death metal

I didn't listen to Wish I Could Dream It Again yet, although I just got it, but I can state the thing, that Opeth was never oldschool death metal. They played a melo, progish DM, with long songs and beautiful guitar work.

I dunno how Opeth sounds in demo era firts demo, whit name not Opeth but other? O read it was death metal.

Opeth never released a demo actually, there was a Promo cd back in '92 but no demo. So the very early Opeth sounds like Orchid.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.07.2006 - 00:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I agree about Opeth but well still its simmilar un that case aboutr what we talking and well when I be in home I try dounloud some Novembere.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.07.2006 - 05:23
DarkMistress

what about a band of trash-horror metal?? they´re called Zedher, pretty nice

http://www.zedher.com/

you can download their demo there
----
Wait in fire
04.07.2006 - 12:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by DarkMistress on 04.07.2006 at 05:23

what about a band of trash-horror metal?? they´re called Zedher, pretty nice

http://www.zedher.com/

you can download their demo there

But this si doom metal tread
----

apos;'
[image]
04.07.2006 - 16:33
heresiarch
Forever Dead
I voted other. Consummatum Est. very atmospheric funeral doom with some female vocals

Their album Funeral Procession is available for download at official website http//www.consummatum-est.net

it's worth checking
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
13.07.2006 - 23:03
Odosha
Account deleted
Void Of Silence .. .they are the best doom from Italy
07.08.2006 - 18:59
dark awakening

Maybe Forgotten Tomb; I've listened only few songs of them, but they were great
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
07.08.2006 - 20:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dark Awaking they be new album out in this autumn, probobly you can by it easyer how I
BTW in Modena are some metalshops where you by CD?
----

apos;'
[image]
09.08.2006 - 01:26
KMR

I know only Void of Silence, if I remember it's Primodial man's project, but he recorded it with Italian musicians..Sounds really good, pity they are no more.
----
Nothing is sacred.
09.08.2006 - 13:15
dark awakening

Written by Bad English on 07.08.2006 at 20:36

Dark Awaking they be new album out in this autumn, probobly you can by it easyer how I

Yes, there's a good metal/hard-rock shop. It's called Disco Club. There are great people there!
When will come out the last Forgotten Tomb CD?
----
09.08.2006 - 22:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by dark awakening on 09.08.2006 at 13:15

Written by Bad English on 07.08.2006 at 20:36

Yes, there's a good metal/hard-rock shop. It's called Disco Club. There are great people there!
When will come out the last Forgotten Tomb CD?

I dont realy remeber, but I add news lock in old news section, there shood be, I think in september, october.
----

apos;'
[image]
10.08.2006 - 10:18
dark awakening

Ok; I'll see if i'll manage to buy it
----
10.08.2006 - 23:01
Southern Wind
Account deleted
All Souls' Day is one of the very few Italian bands I like... they're rather great Traditional Doom
17.03.2008 - 10:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I update main post whit those bands what you shodo hear

17 Days, Abysmal Grief, April Fish(yes ist some kind a funny name but music are good)
Alos Beatrik, Arcana Coleastia, Austerity, Black Hole, Blackland, Blood Stained Host, Bloody Wings, Consummatum Est, Circus of Damnation, Deep Well of Horror, Cultus Sanguine, Dark Quarterer, Doomsword, Doomenicus, Doomraiser, Elysium Field's, Enoch, How Like a Winter, In Aevum Agere, L'Impero Delle Ombre, Labyrinthus Noctis, Lymph of Wisdoom, Malasangre, Mournful Grace, Obscura Nocte, Power Beyond Paolo Catena(AKA Paul Chain), Ras Algethi, Remember November, Sleeping Village, Sortilegium, Thunderstorm, Unholy Cross, Veiled Moon(italian verse about Empyrium),
----

apos;'
[image]