Metal Storm logo
Arch Enemy - New Album In The Works, Announce New DVD

Recently, Arch Enemy announced their plans for the next few releases they have in store. The melodic death metallers performed in Germany at Wacken Open Air 2016 on August 6th and that performance was filmed for an upcoming DVD/Blu-ray/live audio release. This is the band's second live DVD with new vocalist Alissa White-Gluz after War Eternal Tour: Tokyo Sacrifice, released this year. But there is more coming from Arch Enemy. The band is already writing new songs for their next record, the first with guitarist Jeff Loomis on board.

The new announcements were made during their press conference in Wacken, which you can watch here. We will keep you posted on more details regarding War Eternal's follow-up.

Arch Enemy at Wacken 2016

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Arch Enemy
Posted: 08.08.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 145 users
08.08.2016 - 13:35
Overrwatcher
Five bucks says the addition of JEFF FUCKING LOOMIS will change nothing to the sound, and Arch Enemy releases the same generic and uninspired melody soup they've done for over a decade.

(I actually really like Arch Enemy, I just find the waste of talent ridiculous. AE has some of the best metal musicians ever and yet does nothing with it.)
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
08.08.2016 - 15:44
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Oh, The Agonist is releasing a new album already?
Oops I mean... Arch Enemy
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
08.08.2016 - 17:30
Overrwatcher
Written by Karlabos on 08.08.2016 at 15:44

I am so triggered.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
08.08.2016 - 18:57
Kuroboshi
Written by Karlabos on 08.08.2016 at 15:44

Actually, The Agonist are also releasing a new album in September. FYI.
08.08.2016 - 20:11
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Overrwatcher on 08.08.2016 at 13:35

Five bucks says the addition of JEFF FUCKING LOOMIS will change nothing to the sound, and Arch Enemy releases the same generic and uninspired melody soup they've done for over a decade.

(I actually really like Arch Enemy, I just find the waste of talent ridiculous. AE has some of the best metal musicians ever and yet does nothing with it.)

War Eternal wasn't bad but I do hope they step it up. Just hope they don't produce anything like the atrocious Khaos Legions. Maybe Loomis will add something to the equation, I would very much like that, he isn't just a hired guy like Cordle was.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
08.08.2016 - 21:02
EthicaOdini85
Arch Enemy is not performing death metal !!! they are gothenburg metal.
08.08.2016 - 21:42
visiblenoise
I'm interested but not optimistic. Based on the music they've put out, I never thought that Jeff Loomis's and Michael Amott's respective styles were very compatible. It'd better not be just a mash-up of what the two do.
08.08.2016 - 21:44
Hellcult
Written by EthicaOdini85 on 08.08.2016 at 21:02

Arch Enemy is not performing death metal !!! they are gothenburg metal.

lol
----
And I see the blade fall down upon the head of lord in heaven
And Darkness falls upon the end of history
While I drink the milk of the Black Goddess and cry over the mankind

Black Moses is my name...
08.08.2016 - 23:01
Sword_Chant
Speaking for myself, I didn't mind Arch Enemy's last release. I found it to be more enjoyable than the previous 3/4 albums before it. Although (I thought) War Eternal was good, I hope the new album is an improvement and doesn't fall flat.
09.08.2016 - 04:30
Coconut Racecar
Eh. Honestly, Doomsday Machine and Anthems Of Rebellion are the only two albums I particularly like by AE. I would have to agree with the notion that they're incredibly talented but also very generic. Somewhat like my feelings towards Soilwork, I like to check out their new stuff and I'm happy to listen to them if they come on my shuffle but it's not a band I ever crave to hear.

Still interested to check out what ever they might release, though!
09.08.2016 - 09:16
Absak
I actually loved War Eternal and Eye Of Providence. I thought War Eternal was better than both Doomsday Machine and Rise Of The Tyrant. Really excited for both new albums.

Hits total: 2478 | This month: 5