Metal Storm logo
Overkill - To Release New Album In November

Overkill have started revealing the first details about their next album. To follow White Devil Armory released two years ago, the thrashers will unleash Grinding Wheel this November. That's the plan. This will be their eighteenth studio album and it's nearing completion with the group promising more details about it soon.

The vocalist Bobby Ellsworth revealed in a recent interview: "Funny you ask that, because when you called I was just adjusting the lyrics for our upcoming album. The album will be called Grinding Wheel. We are inches from completion at this point. Just a few more guitar leads need to be done and a few more backing vocals need to be done. The majority of the tracks are finished. We are looking for a first week of November release. This will give us a chance to debut some of these tracks at the Rock Carnival."

He added: "At the end of the day Overkill is Overkill. Our trademark is that we are always recognizable on every release. For the three decades we have been around we were always Overkill. So sure it is a metal record and like always it will have sort of a thrash vibe to it with some melody in it. It's always best to try to make it better or at least think in your mind that it is going to be better. That becomes the challenge. I think that is what keeps the band rolling. A lot of bands are known for what they have done, but I feel being known for where you are and what you are doing is where true value lies. I feel we accomplished that on the last few albums."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Overkill
Posted: 15.08.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 75 users
15.08.2016 - 14:15
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Good title I'd say.
16.08.2016 - 12:58
Sword_Chant

Last album was great, look forward to hearing this one.

Hits total: 1674 | This month: 6