Metal Storm logo
Cult Of Fire - Unveil New Track

Czech metallers Cult Of Fire have some black metal to offer in the form of the new song "Death". If you are curious about the band's upcoming EP entitled Life, Sex And Death, you can stream this new song through the player below. It should serve as a taste of what the band created this time.

The album will be first time available for purchase during Prague Death Mass III.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cult Of Fire
Posted: 15.08.2016 by Paz

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 87 users
15.08.2016 - 20:20
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Is the gaze influence new for this band? I actually respect Deafheaven more as they dont pretend to be dark or evil. If I am correct these guys perform in cloaks and has all the ritualistic stuff on scene? While playing blackgaze...
As I said before blackened death>black metal.
15.08.2016 - 20:47
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
I'm not entirely sure about the gaze tag... Would call them simply meloblack.
15.08.2016 - 20:47
Unhealer
Eclecticist
At times I felt like I was playing some Megaman X game, which is good.
15.08.2016 - 23:25
roeder

Written by Guest on 15.08.2016 at 20:20

Is the gaze influence new for this band? I actually respect Deafheaven more as they dont pretend to be dark or evil. If I am correct these guys perform in cloaks and has all the ritualistic stuff on scene? While playing blackgaze...

The closing track of their previous album could be a song from The Cure's Disintegration so it's nothing new i think.
16.08.2016 - 00:17
Malphas

I would hate to go off topic but i seem to be lost and in need of some help here. I'm not entirely up to speed on the whole blackgaze trend so first off I'll say that this song does kind of sound similar to deafhaven, at least to my ears and even though i'm personally not a fan of theirs, what exactly is so bad about it? I don't mean to sound ignorant here but that first comment sounded kind of like a passive aggressive insult to me. I apologize if i missed the point entirely, just trying to learn something new here.
One more thing, i'm having a tough time figuring out where atmospheric black ends and blackgaze starts (ye i know that blackgaze is supposed to combine black metal and indie rock-ish/shoegaze or whatever but still), some of the bands listed as blackgaze throughout the internet confuse me so...would something like Drudkh be considered blackgaze?
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
16.08.2016 - 00:32
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Malphas on 16.08.2016 at 00:17

I would hate to go off topic but i seem to be lost and in need of some help here. I'm not entirely up to speed on the whole blackgaze trend so first off I'll say that this song does kind of sound similar to deafhaven, at least to my ears and even though i'm personally not a fan of theirs, what exactly is so bad about it? I don't mean to sound ignorant here but that first post sounded kind of like a passive aggressive insult to me. I apologize if i missed the point entirely, just trying to learn something new here.
One more thing, i'm having a tough time figuring out where atmospheric black ends and blackgaze starts (ye i know that blackgaze is supposed to combine black metal and indie rock but still), some of the bands listed as blackgaze throughout the internet confuse me so...would something like Drudkh be considered blackgaze?

Blackgaze is short for "shoegaze black metal", which is when bands play black metal with shoegaze influences, or merging both genres
shoegaze per se is a rock subgenre which is characterized by the blurred production, lots of feedback and riffs composed by hitting the same chords fast and melodically. Basically it's very similar to post-black, but with more of an emo touch, I guess?

No, Drudkh isn't blackgaze. They are called atmospheric black metal nowadays.

Basically people don't like blackgaze very much because a lot of blackgaze bands are formed by pretentious hipster bandmates, with themes like veganism, political-correctness and such stuff, so ppl often take it that it isn't cult enough...

Btw I totally hear some blackgaze here on this COF song as well. COF isn't a blackgaze band, but this song alone totally has some influences
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.08.2016 - 00:51
Malphas

That makes sense, thanks. The part about veganism is hilarious though
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
16.08.2016 - 01:06
roeder

Written by Karlabos on 16.08.2016 at 00:32

I would hate to go off topic but i seem to be lost and in need of some help here. I'm not entirely up to speed on the whole blackgaze trend so first off I'll say that this song does kind of sound similar to deafhaven, at least to my ears and even though i'm personally not a fan of theirs, what exactly is so bad about it? I don't mean to sound ignorant here but that first post sounded kind of like a passive aggressive insult to me. I apologize if i missed the point entirely, just trying to learn something new here.
One more thing, i'm having a tough time figuring out where atmospheric black ends and blackgaze starts (ye i know that blackgaze is supposed to combine black metal and indie rock but still), some of the bands listed as blackgaze throughout the internet confuse me so...would something like Drudkh be considered blackgaze?

Blackgaze is short for "shoegaze black metal", which is when bands play black metal with shoegaze influences, or merging both genres
shoegaze per se is a rock subgenre which is characterized by the blurred production, lots of feedback and riffs composed by hitting the same chords fast and melodically. Basically it's very similar to post-black, but with more of an emo touch, I guess?

No, Drudkh isn't blackgaze. They are called atmospheric black metal nowadays.

Basically people don't like blackgaze very much because a lot of blackgaze bands are formed by pretentious hipster bandmates, with themes like veganism, political-correctness and such stuff, so ppl often take it that it isn't cult enough...

Btw I totally hear some blackgaze here on this COF song as well. COF isn't a blackgaze band, but this song alone totally has some influences

Yeah, Drudkh is atmospheric black metal. I would even consider them one of the pioneering bands of that subgenre. They had some blackgaze elements on Handful of Stars though.
16.08.2016 - 08:34
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Karlito, you have nailed it
16.08.2016 - 14:05
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted

I would hate to go off topic but i seem to be lost and in need of some help here. I'm not entirely up to speed on the whole blackgaze trend so first off I'll say that this song does kind of sound similar to deafhaven, at least to my ears and even though i'm personally not a fan of theirs, what exactly is so bad about it? I don't mean to sound ignorant here but that first comment sounded kind of like a passive aggressive insult to me. I apologize if i missed the point entirely, just trying to learn something new here.
One more thing, i'm having a tough time figuring out where atmospheric black ends and blackgaze starts (ye i know that blackgaze is supposed to combine black metal and indie rock-ish/shoegaze or whatever but still), some of the bands listed as blackgaze throughout the internet confuse me so...would something like Drudkh be considered blackgaze?

Karlabos nailed it. My passive agressiveness has nothing to do with gaze in it itself though. I am a big Deafheaven fan. There last was a splendid, modern fusion between 80s metal and 90s indie. But this is satanish-hipsterism at its worst and overall bad art. The satanic image these guys try to create combined with the music dont get many points from me. And you should give New Bermuda a chance if you want some good gaze.
16.08.2016 - 17:26
Malphas

Yeah, figured as much by now but still thanks for the explanation and will do
----
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
16.08.2016 - 18:42
X-Ray Rod
Skandino

One could argue that Deafheaven's vocalist's attemp at emulating Ian Curtis is equally poserish and pathetic.
Back to these guys: Yeah, not really a fan of this sound in particular.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
16.08.2016 - 20:11
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 16.08.2016 at 18:42

One could argue that Deafheaven's vocalist's attemp at emulating Ian Curtis is equally poserish and pathetic.
Back to these guys: Yeah, not really a fan of this sound in particular.

True, and metal has always been theatrical so I dont really know why I am bashing this
17.08.2016 - 00:12
Vombatus
Potorro
Sounds really good, love those "happy feeling" riffs
17.08.2016 - 00:20
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Vombatus on 17.08.2016 at 00:12

"happy feeling" riffs

shoegaze =]
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
17.08.2016 - 02:51
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by Karlabos on 17.08.2016 at 00:20

shoegaze =]

Don't know if shoegaze or not. CoF always had a very uplifting style for BM (track 4 of latest album or Triumvirat, for example). Though that riff at 5:00 on this track is even more "happy" than usual

Hits total: 2415 | This month: 6