Metal Storm logo
UFO - Former Bassist Suffers Heart Attack

Bassist Pete Way is facing another health crisis. The 65-year-old former bassist for UFO has suffered a heart attack. In the summer of 2013, Way was diagnosed with prostate cancer during a routine check-up. A year later, he had officially beaten the disease, and he also expressed remorse about having lived a rock and roll lifestyle for so many years. Hopefully, he can recover from this too.

On August 13th, his wife released the following statement. "My husband Pete Way has collapsed after a short business trip to Germany and is currently in hospital being treated by cardiologists. He has had a heart attack and a blood clot has been found on his lung. Needless to say I am in bits but Pete is fighting like he always does. We are not going to lose another one. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers."

Way co-founded UFO in London in 1969, but left in 1982, during which time he played bass with Ozzy Osbourne. The band broke up in 1983, but re-formed a year later, with Way waiting until 1988 to return to the fold. He remained with the band through 2011.

Source: ultimateclassicrock.com
Band profile: UFO
Posted: 15.08.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 6 users
21.08.2016 - 18:57
mikeprado30

I hope he could get triumphant of this desease.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!

Hits total: 1168 | This month: 3