Metal Storm logo
Behemoth

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 03.04.2007 - 16:58
Old thread reached the max, so a new one is on it's way!

@Dream Of Hate: Awh thanks man for letting me open this thread.

I am going to see them live on the 8th of April in Belgium, Antwerp together with Obituary, Napalm Death, Anaal Nathrakh and some others.

I can't wait, hope to hear some Apostasy stuff.

Besides that, I say: Discuss!
28.09.2009 - 13:25
Guib
Thrash Talker
Behemoth's best albums are... Satanica and Thelema.6
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
29.09.2009 - 04:28
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Mmmm not very impressed with the new album....its just as boring as the Apostasy. To sum it up its pretty much just blastbeats going at 100000bpm, growl, har har, blastbeats, heavy riffage, growl...and thats it. I felt Demigod was their best album, at least it had some diversity and was full of anthems. The last 2 are just metal on steroids...with very little to take form it.

The vid for Ov Fire and something is EPIC though! Really haunting, these dudes must have a seriously big budget from Century Media...its very professional.
30.09.2009 - 17:36
KMR

Going to see them this evening, a lot of controversions around this tour in Poland cause of one insane religious fanatic whos trying to cancel every show they attent. Anyway they always kick ass live even if their last record is quite repeatable comparing to their previous few albums.
----
Nothing is sacred.
30.09.2009 - 21:11
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by KMR on 30.09.2009 at 17:36

Going to see them this evening, a lot of controversions around this tour in Poland cause of one insane religious fanatic whos trying to cancel every show they attent. Anyway they always kick ass live even if their last record is quite repeatable comparing to their previous few albums.

Wtf a religious fanatic ?
HAHAH.. some people are crazy -_-
its music man, MUSIC !!
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
06.10.2009 - 19:45
KMR

Agreed man, it's just a burking dog noone cares, he didn't even know how good ad he made. And btw the concert was really awsome
----
Nothing is sacred.
07.10.2009 - 06:51
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Good band...but lacking something?....
08.10.2009 - 10:35
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I can't profess to being much of a Behemoth fan, especially after that whole "Black Metal X-Mas" stunt in Revovler magazine a couple years back - some one on a differant metal forum made a point to post it. That and the fact that this past summer Behemoth played "Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival" on the "Hot Topic Extreme Stage"... a bit repulsive honestly.

Besides all that though. A few days or so ago I was really tired, I was killing some time by procuring new albums and I thought I was getting the new Belphegor album early (didn't read the link properly) and I ended up getting Behemoth's new album "Evangelion", and it's not too bad, really reminds me of the last few Nile albums. I'm giving the band another chance, trying to see past the commercial bullshit and focus more on the music, as I do like the fact that Nergal has a more "Satanic" view on things, bit of ideology I suppose one could say.
08.10.2009 - 19:25
KMR

Written by Bitter Dawn on 08.10.2009 at 10:35

Besides all that though. A few days or so ago I was really tired, I was killing some time by procuring new albums and I thought I was getting the new Belphegor album early (didn't read the link properly) and I ended up getting Behemoth's new album "Evangelion", and it's not too bad, really reminds me of the last few Nile albums. I'm giving the band another chance, trying to see past the commercial bullshit and focus more on the music, as I do like the fact that Nergal has a more "Satanic" view on things, bit of ideology I suppose one could say.

About Belphegor offtopic, their latest LP beats Behemoth's Evangelion quite a lot - but not in production, technique, marketing shit like never ending trials of what awsome and overwhelming album we'd get. It's the spirit which Behemoth lost long time ago, something that makes me listen this over and over again. IMO Behemoth failed again to prove they've something interesting to say in this music.
----
Nothing is sacred.
09.10.2009 - 12:33
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by KMR on 08.10.2009 at 19:25

About Belphegor offtopic, their latest LP beats Behemoth's Evangelion quite a lot - but not in production, technique, marketing shit like never ending trials of what awsome and overwhelming album we'd get. It's the spirit which Behemoth lost long time ago, something that makes me listen this over and over again. IMO Behemoth failed again to prove they've something interesting to say in this music.

I can some what see (hear?) that in Behemoth. A regular at a bar I use to work at gave me a couple cds, a live Hypocrisy album and Behemoth's "Zos Kia Cultus", I couldn't really get into the album much though, just certain parts here and there. I'm also not a big death metal fan, albeit Behemoth is a bit blackened-death, they seem more death metal - I have though, heard a rather old track of Behemoth's from an acquiantence I use to know, and I was quite shocked to learn that he had just played me a Behemoth track, it actually sounded like older black metal.
09.10.2009 - 21:34
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Bitter Dawn on 09.10.2009 at 12:33

I can some what see (hear?) that in Behemoth. A regular at a bar I use to work at gave me a couple cds, a live Hypocrisy album and Behemoth's "Zos Kia Cultus", I couldn't really get into the album much though, just certain parts here and there. I'm also not a big death metal fan, albeit Behemoth is a bit blackened-death, they seem more death metal - I have though, heard a rather old track of Behemoth's from an acquiantence I use to know, and I was quite shocked to learn that he had just played me a Behemoth track, it actually sounded like older black metal.

If I have a correct idea of your tastes, you'll really like "Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic)".
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.10.2009 - 23:03
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Lucas on 09.10.2009 at 21:34

If I have a correct idea of your tastes, you'll really like "Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic)".

I'll check it out man, thanks for the recommendation.
14.10.2009 - 03:55
Got Mayhem?

Written by Bitter Dawn on 09.10.2009 at 23:03

Written by Lucas on 09.10.2009 at 21:34

I'll check it out man, thanks for the recommendation.

That and Grom. And about what you said before about Behemoth playing on the Hot Topic Stage at mayhem, they were only playing on the same stage that all their label-mates played on. If they had played on the Jager stage I'm sure someone would be complaining about them playing on the same stage as Trivium or something... However, they were easily the best performing band there by far, easily could have replaced BFMV on the main stage.
----
14.10.2009 - 07:24
stephenssaiyan
Account deleted
Behemoth...like em...not crazy about em.
02.12.2009 - 17:59
Big-Al

Zos Kia Cultus is my personal favorite.

I remeber seeing that black metal x-mas magazine cover too. that was pretty low.

But I stil like'em
----

I drink moosepiss
06.12.2009 - 17:36
TheBigRossowski

I didn't know Nergal was dating a prominent Polish pop star

A bit shocking, but good for him! From what some Polish people told me, she plays dumb, but she's got a really high IQ.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
13.12.2009 - 10:14
wormdrink414

I think Evangelion is their best album yet. They have fully become a "high-production" death metal band, and while, I believe, we already have too many of these, Behemoth deserves the money that was clearly shoveled toward the album. So to revisit my top-of list from a few months ago:

1. Evangelion
2. Zos Kia, Thelema, The Apostasy
3. Demigod, Grom, Satanica
30.03.2010 - 08:36
wormdrink414

Http://www.viceland.com/blogs/en/2009/10/15/meet-the-nieratkos-behemoth/
30.03.2010 - 16:51
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by TheBigRossowski on 06.12.2009 at 17:36

I didn't know Nergal was dating a prominent Polish pop star

A bit shocking, but good for him! From what some Polish people told me, she plays dumb, but she's got a really high IQ.

It;s true. She's quite smart, but she's aware that the image of a sweet blonde idiot with big tits sells best, so she is giving it to the proles.
Also, which may be surprising, she actually can sing quite well.Here's what she looks like:

30.03.2010 - 17:06
TheBigRossowski

I'd definitely put it in her butt. Look at the black guy in the background, haha! He's got the ''chicka-chicka-yeaahh'' look going.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
30.03.2010 - 17:10
Lucas
Mr. Noise
"Nergal - giving hope for all ugly and nerdy metalheads since 2008"

Or whenever his relationship started. Way to go, bro.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.04.2010 - 10:42
basumarpo1610

Album early (didn't read the link properly) and I ended up getting Behemoth's new album "Evangelion", and it's not too bad, really reminds me of the last few Nile albums.

I'm giving the band another chance, trying to see past the commercial bullshit and focus more on the music, as I do like the fact that Nergal has a more "Satanic" view on things, bit of ideology I suppose one could say.
08.04.2010 - 23:40
Got Mayhem?

Don't really see how Behemoth are doing 'commercial bullshit'. They've gotten onto a good label that is giving them the press they've badly needed for many years now. On top of that, they're still making amazing music 9 full lengths into their career. The style has changed but I don't think it was for the money. If Behemoth hadn't gotten Inferno and began to work out of their Baltic BM sound then I think they would have gotten a bit repetitive and boring after a few more albums. Speculation, but it's what I believe.
----
09.04.2010 - 15:45
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Lucas on 30.03.2010 at 17:10

"Nergal - giving hope for all ugly and nerdy metalheads since 2008"

Or whenever his relationship started. Way to go, bro.

I'm no male beauty expert, but Nergal is said to be very handsome.
They are getting married by the way. Church wedding, imagine that...
13.04.2010 - 14:02
Thor26

I don't quite get them. Sorry. Tracks like "At The Left Hand of God" or "Slaves shall serve" are really confusing extreme noise.
----
With Odin on our side!
03.06.2010 - 05:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Have you guys seen these pics of Nergal?

WHAT THE FUCK
03.06.2010 - 05:26
Got Mayhem?

Written by Dangerboner on 03.06.2010 at 05:18

WHAT THE FUCK

Well, I don't speak Polish so I'm going to assume that he has been cast as the leading man in a Polish Kung- Fu movie that takes place in the Manchurian desert where everyone wears silly hats.

And damn anyone who dares try to ruin my fantasy.
----
03.06.2010 - 10:34
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder

WHAT THE FUCK

Maybe it's the theme for their next album? Can't get any cheesier than they already are.
----
The force will be with you, always.
04.06.2010 - 02:49
Stigmatized

WHAT THE FUCK

#3 is the best photo of all time. Ever.
09.07.2010 - 03:06
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
For anyone interested Behemoth is touring the US in November with Watain. I'd love to see Behemoth again and Watain for the first time, but most likely the tour will be limited. But I can dream. Link.
----
The force will be with you, always.
09.07.2010 - 03:44
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!

WHAT THE FUCK

Cut all his hair off and grew a boring goatee to match his mainstream, pop singer gf. What's next, even more Hot Topic endorsements?