Metal Storm logo
Behemoth

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 03.04.2007 - 16:58
Old thread reached the max, so a new one is on it's way!

@Dream Of Hate: Awh thanks man for letting me open this thread.

I am going to see them live on the 8th of April in Belgium, Antwerp together with Obituary, Napalm Death, Anaal Nathrakh and some others.

I can't wait, hope to hear some Apostasy stuff.

Besides that, I say: Discuss!
09.07.2010 - 04:09
Got Mayhem?

Written by Clintagräm on 09.07.2010 at 03:06

For anyone interested Behemoth is touring the US in November with Watain. I'd love to see Behemoth again and Watain for the first time, but most likely the tour will be limited. But I can dream. Link.

Yea, It most likely won't be much. But hopefully they're able to cover enough ground, specifically the northern east coast?
It would also be my first time seeing Watain so that's sometime to look forward to.
----
02.08.2010 - 21:01
Daniell
_爱情_
The case was dismissed, because it "bore no signs of crime", as the district attorney put it. After an appeal from the guy that filed the complaint in the first place, the case will see the courtroom after all. No trial date has been set yet (unless I missed some news about it).
07.09.2010 - 17:17
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
06.07.2011 - 12:53
JD
Account deleted
Are they that good on stage?, i haven't see them live, but i saw some of their performance on dvds they are killer!
06.07.2011 - 15:27
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Guest on 06.07.2011 at 12:53

Are they that good on stage?, i haven't see them live, but i saw some of their performance on dvds they are killer!

Yes they are, like a hurricane that blows the audience away. It's hard to believe how much energy they have and how it spills onto the audience.
06.07.2011 - 15:36
JD
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 06.07.2011 at 15:27

Yes they are, like a hurricane that blows the audience away. It's hard to believe how much energy they have and how it spills onto the audience.

Then it's unbelievable, Behemoth are unbelievable, i never watched any performance like that, from now on they are my #1 when it comes to bands performing on stage, hope to see them live someday
09.07.2011 - 18:11
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 06.07.2011 at 15:27

Fucking brilliant band live. You can feel every note being played, the energy is out of control.
20.01.2012 - 12:45
JacksonGuitars

Speaking of Behemoth live,

From a Behemoth facebook post:

Behemoth, Watain, The Devil's Blood team up for US tour!!!

North America's premier heavy metal magazine is launching the maiden edition of its annual earth-scorching tour this April. The inaugural Decibel Magazine Tour will feature not just the long-awaited stateside return of Polish Behemoth, Swedish black metal provocateurs Watain, the Devil's Blood and In Solitude.

Beginning in April and la...ying waste through a gargantuan 26-date run, the Decibel Magazine Tour (presented by Metal Blade Records, IndieMerchStore.com, FYE, ESP Guitars and Good Fight Entertainment) not only offers four diverse European artists hand-picked by the magazine, but doubles as Behemoth's first U.S. tour since vocalist/guitarist Adam "Nergal" Darski's well-documented battle with?and triumph over?leukemia.

"Considering the fact that we'll be sharing the stage with the most evil and uncompromising bands around?Watain, the Devil's Blood and In Solitude?this already makes it a legendary bill that you can't miss out on!" promises Nergal. "Watch out. We won't show up?we will ARRIVE with all the strength and might!"

More details, including tour dates, venues and ticket info will be announced at www.decibelmagazinetour.com on January 24th. Every ticket purchased through Top Spin will come with a commemorative laminate, and all fans that purchase their ticket through Top Spin will be entered to win an ESP Guitar.

Hails to our partners!
www.MetalBlade.com
www.IndieMerchStore.com
www.FYE.com
www.goodfightentertainment.com
www.ESPGuitars.com

-----

I hope I don't have to wait until the 24th to find out they are not stopping anywhere near me.
20.01.2012 - 15:28
Savopipo

I'm just glad Nergal is back in circulation. I'm not a huge fan but I have tons of respect for what Behemoth does and from what i have seen from DVD's they look like a killer live act.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
20.01.2012 - 20:17
JacksonGuitars

Yeah I saw them live before he got sick and it was an amazing show. They weren't even headlining, and they're the only band I remember.
21.01.2012 - 17:00
Pondscum

Behemoth is a bad ass live band! I would love to see them again, hopefully this year!
26.01.2012 - 08:09
JacksonGuitars

From http://decibelmagazinetickets.com:

Here's your chance at a great deal AND a way to get the best spot on the floor. 15 premium packages are available in each city and include:
- one (1) ticket to the show
- one (1) tour t-shirt
- one (1) tour poster
- one (1) "Skip The Line" pass to get you in the doors first
The price of this package is less than you would spend on a ticket and a tour shirt at the show!

Aside from the premium packages, every general admission ticket has lower service fees than you'll find elsewhere, and comes with a commemorative laminate. In addition, every ticket purchased through this page will be entered to win an ESP Guitar! Check it out below and we'll see you on the road!

(the following list is from http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2012/01/24/decibel-magazine-tour-behemoth-watain-the-devils-blood-in-solitude-tour-dates-announced/ because I'm too lazy to format the http://decibelmagazinetickets.com one.)

Wed, April 11 ? The Bluestone, Columbus, OH
Thu, April 12 ? Mr. Smalls, Pittsburgh, PA
Fri, April 13 ? Bottom Lounge, Chicago, IL
Sat, April 14 ? Station 4, St. Paul, MN
Mon, April 16 ? Granada Theater, Lawrence, KS
Tue, April 17 ? Summit Theater, Denver, CO
Wed, April 18 ? The Complex, Salt Lake City, UT
Fri, April 20 ? Studio Seven, Seattle, WA
Sat, April 21 ? Rickshaw, Vancouver, BC
Sun, April 22 ? Hawthorne Theater, Portland, OR
Mon, April 23 ? Slims, San Francisco, CA
Wed, April 25 ? House of Blues, Los Angeles CA
Thu, April 26 ? Nile Theater, Phoenix, AZ
Fri, April 27 ? Sunshine Theater, Albuquerque, NM
Sun, April 29 ? White Rabbit, San Antonio, TX
Tue, May 01 ? Orpheum, Tampa, FL
Wed, May 02 ? Masquerade, Atlanta, GA
Fri, May 04 ? Amos Southend, Charlotte, NC
Sat, May 05 ? Ram's Head, Baltimore, MD
Sun, May 06 ? Trocadero Theater, Philadelphia PA
Tue, May 08 ? Opera House, Toronto, ON
Wed, May 09 ? Club Soda, Montreal, QC
Thu, May 10 ? Imperial, Quebec City, QC
Fri, May 11 ? Palladium, Worcester, MA
Say, May 12 ? Irvine Plaza, New York, NY
-----
I'm going to the Portland show, woo.
29.01.2012 - 19:53
IncoherentScream

Sometimes I really really hate the fact that I am living in Japan right now...this most definitely one of those moments.

On a side note, for some reason I had never given Behemoth a listen but just recently got a hold of their "Evangelion" LP and wow....these guys are H-E-A-V-Y!!!! Loving it so far. Man, these four bands together...it's like some shit I would have daydreamed about happening.
09.02.2012 - 22:27
s7mon
s7mon
I saw Behemoth during their first tour after Nergal's recovery and they were amazing It's sad that the vast majority of the audience were people that know Nergal as a celebrity, not as a metal musician. You could see many junior high kids and couples that were dressed as if they were in an opera or something like that. And many old Polish Behemoth fans turned their backs on the band because of Nergal's 'sellout'. I wonder who'll come to Behemoth shows in a year or two, because people that buy tickets for their concerts today will most likely forget about the band as soon as Nergal quits the celebrity zone (or simply the media stop giving a shit about him). But I guess Nergal is know what he's doing;)
13.02.2012 - 04:12
JBeast666

I just got into this band recently and already got tickets for their Tampa show. Which one of their DVDs is the best, I want to get a sneak peak at what I may be in for
----
"We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."
― Richard Dawkins
05.03.2012 - 18:50
s7mon
s7mon
Written by JBeast666 on 13.02.2012 at 04:12

I just got into this band recently and already got tickets for their Tampa show. Which one of their DVDs is the best, I want to get a sneak peak at what I may be in for

Evangelia Heretika is by far their best DVD.
Here you have the whole show recorded in Warsaw, Poland three years ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IZr-ocY7H0
17.03.2012 - 15:23
rodion-z

As far as I was told, Nergal plays both lead and rhythm. I was wondering, how I can differentiate him from Havoc. I know, that Nergal writes almost all of music, but when it comes to playing on an album, can one spot the difference between the two?
18.03.2012 - 03:43
MesiasDesmorphus

Havoc?? You mean Seth?? It's 2012, buddy
18.03.2012 - 05:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by MesiasDesmorphus on 18.03.2012 at 03:43
Havoc?? You mean Seth?? It's 2012, buddy

He was probably referring to previous material released with an older line-up.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.04.2012 - 01:22
Savopipo

Troy can't you get rid of that avatar ... it freaking sucks dude!
----
07.04.2012 - 03:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Savopipo on 07.04.2012 at 01:22

You don't like Kvarforth?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.04.2012 - 12:30
Savopipo

Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.04.2012 at 03:42

Written by Savopipo on 07.04.2012 at 01:22

You don't like Kvarforth?

Don't know I've never met him but from what I read I get the pricture that he is a nutbag.
----
07.04.2012 - 15:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Savopipo on 07.04.2012 at 12:30
Don't know I've never met him but from what I read I get the pricture that he is a nutbag.

Ya he's a pretty fucked up dude, but I think that's kind of what draws me to him.

Better than having a Nergal avatar to be honest. All that guy does is complain whenever people decide they don't like the message his band sends.
----
08.04.2012 - 02:08
Savopipo

Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.04.2012 at 15:07

Ya he's a pretty fucked up dude, but I think that's kind of what draws me to him.

Better than having a Nergal avatar to be honest. All that guy does is complain whenever people decide they don't like the message his band sends.

If I have to choose I'll take Behemoth over Shining any time. Shining is just sheit with not much to show for it where Behemoth is skilled musicians playing the shti out of most bands but again it's a matter of opinion and I can only speak for myself. Hail Suicide!!
----
08.04.2012 - 12:17
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Savopipo on 08.04.2012 at 02:08

Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.04.2012 at 15:07

If I have to choose I'll take Behemoth over Shining any time. Shining is just sheit with not much to show for it where Behemoth is skilled musicians playing the shti out of most bands but again it's a matter of opinion and I can only speak for myself. Hail Suicide!!

Troy wasn't comparing the music at all, just the frontmans as how they were as persons, not even musicians. Bth can be very shitty if you ask me.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
08.04.2012 - 12:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.04.2012 at 12:17

Troy wasn't comparing the music at all, just the frontmans as how they were as persons, not even musicians. Bth can be very shitty if you ask me.

I'll take the whining Nergal over wife and kid beater Kvarfoth any time of the day, although musically I prefer Shining to Behemoth's bog standard over produced boring death metal
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.04.2012 - 14:14
Slayer666

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.04.2012 at 12:37

wife and kid beater Kvarfoth

O_O
Any links to back this up?
08.04.2012 - 14:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Slayer666 on 08.04.2012 at 14:14

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.04.2012 at 12:37

wife and kid beater Kvarfoth

O_O
Any links to back this up?

People who know him.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.04.2012 - 14:18
Slayer666

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.04.2012 at 14:15

People who know him.

Well, beating your wife and kid takes a lot of balls. I salute him.
08.04.2012 - 14:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Slayer666 on 08.04.2012 at 14:18

Well, beating your wife and kid takes a lot of balls. I salute him.

only truly weak and insecure men beat their wife and kids into a pulp.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996