Metal Storm logo
Behemoth

Original post

Posted by Lucas, 03.04.2007 - 16:58
Old thread reached the max, so a new one is on it's way!

@Dream Of Hate: Awh thanks man for letting me open this thread.

I am going to see them live on the 8th of April in Belgium, Antwerp together with Obituary, Napalm Death, Anaal Nathrakh and some others.

I can't wait, hope to hear some Apostasy stuff.

Besides that, I say: Discuss!
15.05.2007 - 13:32
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
As Hellraizer said, tracklist could be true. Album cover is in the same vein as Demigod, but not nearly as good IMO.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.05.2007 - 15:01
Judas
The Amputator
@Nervel: I agree, the cover isn't as awesome as 'Demigod,' but it's certainly a good one nonetheless. I'm loving the multiple uses of 'ov' in their track titles, that pretty much guarantees a good album. Looks like I'll have another week of 'ov-ing' once it's released...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
16.05.2007 - 04:07
Megad3th
Sick Minded
just wanned to tell all an upcoming interview with Behemoth by me.. as soon as they finish recording ... ill keep you updated
16.05.2007 - 04:10
Stigmatized
Well, the new album has leaked, so.....
16.05.2007 - 05:36
Megad3th
Sick Minded
were still in may the album wont get out before july.. + it hasnt done yet. cheers
16.05.2007 - 10:54
Judas
The Amputator
I was totally disappointed with myself for not being able to wait for Blind Guardian's 'A Twist In The Myth', and downloading the leaked version, so this time around I'm going to do the good and noble thing of contenting myself with existing material and only purchasing the album the day it comes out.
----
16.05.2007 - 15:41
Hyvaarin
So far I've listened to the first two songs, and they are fucking INCREDIBLE. Gonna save the rest for when I buy it .
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
16.05.2007 - 16:07
baldur
new album is great its the original behemoth sound love it!!
16.05.2007 - 16:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
I'll just see if I can restrain myself from downloading.. I'll see..
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.05.2007 - 18:33
Stigmatized
I couldn't. I feel like a piece of shit too.

Anyway, I only listened to it once and I was seriously impressed. Very powerful album.
16.05.2007 - 18:41
matos
I've downloaded it and i don't feel like piece of shit!
The album is all and more i've expected! In fact i think this will be the first album i'll actually buy!

PS: Enjoy the waiting nervel! Good luck!
----
16.05.2007 - 19:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
@Soulreaper.

Haha, thanks.

From one side, I want to hear the new album already!! From the other side, I want it to play one a GOOD set of speakers, with BASS.

Tough decision.
----

17.05.2007 - 00:10
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
This album is an absolute MONSTER...before i even realized it this thing ripped my balls off, cheese grated it and sprinkled it in my coffee - its so fuckin heavy...wow
17.05.2007 - 00:28
Sunioj
Quote:

1. Rome 64 C.E. 01:25
2. Slaying The Prophets Ov Isa 03:23
3. Prometherion 03:03
4. At The Left Hand Ov God 04:58
5. Kriegsphilosophie 04:23
6. Be Without Fear 03:17
7. Arcana Hereticae 02:58
8. Libertheme 04:53
9. Inner Sanctum 05:01
10. Pazuzu 02:36
11. Christgrinding Avenue 03:50

So wait, since its been leaked, would this be the right cover and tracklist?
17.05.2007 - 01:01
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hahahaha that's one of the gayest covers I've ever seen. I don't believe it....that has to be wrong!

As for the album itself, I can surely wait for it. I haven't listened to Behemoth much lately, but I'll buy it when it comes out.

Wait....I thought all the tracks started with "The"....or am I confusing it with the new Dimmu Borgir album?
17.05.2007 - 01:16
Stigmatized
Yeah, that's the new Dimmu Borgir.
17.05.2007 - 01:26
matos
when is the exact release date ? (for europe)
----
17.05.2007 - 12:10
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
MetalStorm says: 17 July '07. But I am not sure if that date is for the whole world, or just a continent (and in that case, which continent).
----

17.05.2007 - 13:54
Judas
The Amputator
@Nervel: Come on, be a man and wait for it with me!

I don't know why you all think the cover is gay. I quite like it. I don't know what it is exactly, but a guess would be a Chinese version of one of the 10 Buddhist Yamas, or Lords of the Dead. Pretty fucking cool, if you ask me...
----
17.05.2007 - 14:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
If it is released earlier in Europe than in Australia, I'll buy it on the Europe release date and listen to it on the Australian date. That's a promise.
----

17.05.2007 - 18:32
FOOCK Nam
The cover seems to copy the image of some oriental god, .It looks like the cover of some Cattle Decapitation
17.05.2007 - 18:37
Sunioj
Written by FOOCK Nam on 17.05.2007 at 18:32

The cover seems to copy the image of some oriental god, .It looks like the cover of some Cattle Decapitation

It looks like mahakala, the same goddess on the cover of the single for dissections maha kali.
17.05.2007 - 19:35
Hatebreeder_509
Account deleted
my freind insists that behemoth eats babies... *tee hee*
18.05.2007 - 09:18
FOOCK Nam
@Hellraizer, yeah it does.
Seeming metal producers are inspired by that posture style of eastern god/goddess.
I hope they will release high resolution for the pic, then I can put it on my desktop.
18.05.2007 - 09:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
My first couple of impressions of The Apostasy are that it is a much much better album than the immensely disappointing and boring Demigod. This one has so much more variation.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.05.2007 - 14:34
Judas
The Amputator
Written by Lucas on 17.05.2007 at 14:50

If it is released earlier in Europe than in Australia, I'll buy it on the Europe release date and listen to it on the Australian date. That's a promise.

We have an accord! Pleased to do business with you, we'll post in this thread when we both have the album and can listen

As for the cover being a Maha Kali, trust me, it isn't. Kali is a female. That sculpture is most definitely of a man, and it is devoid of breasts, which, last time I checked, women possessed. Also, I am yet to see a woman with a moustache bigger than Lemmy Kilmister's. If it is supposed to be Kali, then I will personally write to Nergal and educate him on this matter.
----
20.05.2007 - 01:57
Throne of Rats
I just got it, it's amazing, I'm still gonna buy it when it comes out though.
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
20.05.2007 - 03:57
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
ive been listening to the album for a few days now....and the nly reason why i still at this time give Demigod the nod over this is because The Apostasy is so freekin short. You hardly start the first song and then ur at the end already. Its also weird but the latter songs are way better than the first 5
22.05.2007 - 03:26
kackbratze
Oh yes! The Apostasy really fulfilled my expectations! It's awesome as hell. So many good songs... I still rate Demigod higher though because it means much more to me personally (it's impossible to rate this objectively. hell, I don't even know how i would've thought about Demigod, if I'd heard Zos Kia Cultus before...). And yes, it's rather short and yes it is more varied than Demigod. I found Demigod to sound more epic and also more brutal, but maybe Behemoth realized that they are already at the top of these attributes and tossed in more variety instead of trying to improve the almost unimprovable.
30.05.2007 - 22:58
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
They released the track "Prometherion" at Ozzfest.com. I checked it out. Only listening to it once but it was of course great. I am even most excited now. The vocal and drum production really stand out for me. Not to mention the lighter guitar sound too. Overall it sounds like a great mix, not to mention fantastic song writing.
----
The force will be with you, always.