Metal Storm logo
Neal Morse - Complete Work On New Studio Double Album

Progressive rock supergroup Neal Morse has finished recording, mastering and mixing their new concept double album. The news was revealed by ex-Dream Theater drummer and long-time collaborator of Neal Morse, Mike Portnoy. The new record will follow last year's The Grand Experiment.

Portnoy commented on Facebook: "OMG...I am blown away... I know I've been posting teases for months throughout the making of this album, but I just spent the last 1hr & 50mins listening to the completely finished, final mastered new Neal Morse double concept album in its entirety and I am completely floored...

"By the time I was rounding the album's grand finale, the goosebumps were so overwhelming I actually uncontrollably wept like a baby! (I swear.....) In my 30+ year career, I consider myself to have made 2 masterpiece concept albums: Dream Theater's Scenes From A Memory & Transatlantic's The Whirlwind... Ladies & Gentlemen, in my opinion, we have absolutely topped them both! This is The Album of mine (& Neal's) careers...it's is so monumentally Epic and perfect in every way....

"I will be so bold as to put my balls on the table and say I think this album can even sit side by side with The Who's Tommy & Quadrophenia, Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway and Pink Floyd's The Wall... Yes, I said it! Thank you to Neal Morse, Randy George, Eric Gillette & Bill Hubauer for the honor of writing and performing such incredible music with you and to Jerry Guidroz and Rich Mouser for making it sound so amazing...

"The official press release with more info on this incredible album, as well as US & European tour dates, is coming this week! So stay tuned for more info... Wow. 11/11 #TSOAD."

Are you as excited as Portnoy for the new Neal Morse album?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Neal Morse
Posted: 06.09.2016 by 3rdWorld

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 42 users
06.09.2016 - 14:24
Andreas

Quote:
Are you as excited as Portnoy for the new Neal Morse album?

No. I'm more excited than he is. I'm a huge Neal Morse fanboy, and the band members successfully built the hype over the last few weeks...
06.09.2016 - 20:06
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Surprised he named Metropolis pt2 over Images and Words.

Hope they are not competing against DT in creating godawful double albums though but rather just giving their best work.
06.09.2016 - 21:29
nb

Neal Morse along with Portnoy always put out amazing stuff. Definitely looking forward to this album.
07.09.2016 - 22:44
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Of course, Portnoy is prone to over-hyping things.
08.09.2016 - 16:55
Andreas

Written by 3rdWorld on 06.09.2016 at 20:06

Hope they are not competing against DT in creating godawful double albums though but rather just giving their best work.

Neal's double albums have been very entertaining, at least so far
08.09.2016 - 19:56
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Andreas on 08.09.2016 at 16:55

Neal's double albums have been very entertaining, at least so far

Thanks dude, glad to hear that. The only Neal Morse album I've heard yet is Transatlantic's Kaleidoscope and that was surprisingly interesting and memorable so I'm pretty excited for this.
09.09.2016 - 16:52
Andreas

Written by 3rdWorld on 08.09.2016 at 19:56

Thanks dude, glad to hear that. The only Neal Morse album I've heard yet is Transatlantic's Kaleidoscope and that was surprisingly interesting and memorable so I'm pretty excited for this.

You're in for a treat then. Kaleidoscope is widely regarded to be a step down from its predecessor, The Whirlwind

You might wanna check Neal's Testimony albums (both of them!), One (my favourite) and maybe ? too. As for Spock's Beard, it seems that Snow was his magnum opus there.
10.09.2016 - 17:30
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Andreas on 09.09.2016 at 16:52

You're in for a treat then. Kaleidoscope is widely regarded to be a step down from its predecessor, The Whirlwind

I'd argue that Kaleidoscope is "widely regarded" as their weakest album overall. So, nowhere to go but up.
11.09.2016 - 15:08
Andreas

Written by Azarath on 10.09.2016 at 17:30

I'd argue that Kaleidoscope is "widely regarded" as their weakest album overall. So, nowhere to go but up.

I quite liked it, but it is fairly standard Neal Morse-stuff. Haven't heard the first two Transatlantic albums yet...
11.09.2016 - 18:48
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Andreas on 11.09.2016 at 15:08

I quite liked it, but it is fairly standard Neal Morse-stuff.

Yeah, I mean it's solid (and some parts are very good), but compared to the ones before it it falls a bit short. It's more of the same really, the title track even references The Whirlwind.

Quote:
Haven't heard the first two Transatlantic albums yet...

You're in for a treat then. Bridge Across Forever is great, and the debut is very good. I'm looking to take a serious stab at Morse's solo stuff soon, don't have an opinion yet.

Hits total: 1632 | This month: 3