Dark Fortress

Original post

Posted by Dead Ohlin, 04.04.2007 - 00:43
Black Metal from Germany ,formed in 1994
Their embarked on a more melodic musical direction
and riffs are melodic.

Line up:
Azathoth (vocals), Asvargyr (guitar), V. Santura (guitar),
T. Killer (bass), Paymon (keyboards), Seraph (drums)

Discography :
Rebirth of the Dark Age - Demo - 1996
Towards Immortality - Split - 1997
Tales From Eternal Dusk -2001
Profane Genocidal Creations - 2003
Stab Wounds - 2004
Séance - 2006

Here are some of their songs :
http://www.thetruedarkfortress.com/mp3/stab-wounds.mp3
http://www.thetruedarkfortress.com/mp3/self-mutilation.mp3
http://www.thetruedarkfortress.com/mp3/Warlord.mp3
http://www.thetruedarkfortress.com/mp3/DefianceEdit.mp3
http://www.thetruedarkfortress.com/mp3/Pilgrim.mp3
http://www.thetruedarkfortress.com/mp3/CrimsonTears.mp3
02.04.2008 - 07:16
Nox Lux
codebreaker
Written by Doc G. on 02.04.2008 at 06:22

Written by Nox Lux on 02.04.2008 at 04:07

PS. You're blatantly not new to this band.

Haha. What does that mean?

I don't know what it means. You tell me. All I know is that from 2 seconds of glancing at your profile, I've gathered that you've got impeccable taste in music, have a broad range of preferences, the time in which a band is prevalent is not a boundary to you, you've written shitloads of reviews, have 10 times more community points than me, and have probably listened to more albums than my balls have sperm cells.

My view is you probably know the band in person, have everything they've ever recorded including each member's mother's ultra-sound scan. Heck, you probably fvcking mixed Eidolon! You could shit over any amateur review I might care to try and write....so my view now is that you should be providing us with a synopsis.

----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Nox Lux
02.04.2008 - 07:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Nox Lux on 02.04.2008 at 07:16

Written by Doc G. on 02.04.2008 at 06:22

Written by Nox Lux on 02.04.2008 at 04:07

PS. You're blatantly not new to this band.

Haha. What does that mean?

I don't know what it means. You tell me. All I know is that from 2 seconds of glancing at your profile, I've gathered that you've got impeccable taste in music, have a broad range of preferences, the time in which a band is prevalent is not a boundary to you, you've written shitloads of reviews, have 10 times more community points than me, and have probably listened to more albums than my balls have sperm cells.

My view is you probably know the band in person, have everything they've ever recorded including each member's mother's ultra-sound scan. Heck, you probably fvcking mixed Eidolon! You could shit over any amateur review I might care to try and write....so my view now is that you should be providing us with a synopsis.

In a matter of time I will probably be a big fan, if the material on the myspace is a correct display of there general sound it might happen. Unfortunately I just started checking them out last week, the name sounded really cool...and powerful..and eerie, I can picture in my head a big heavy set of fortress gates swinging open to show a...hmm...a Dark Fortress! As for my reviews, its a hit or miss thing, some of them Im really proud of others I'm almost ashamed of and thankfully I have the excuse I wrote a few of the bad ones while drunk. Acquiring community points is just a matter of copy and pasting for hours on end when you dont have a life hahaha. As for a broad range of preferences, I just like rock n roll....a little bit of every sub-genre therein. And how did you think I got into a broad range of bands? Listening to other people such as yourself.

Thank you though, I'm very flattered, but all in all I'm just an ignorant kid who stumbles into cool bands every now and then, regardless of genre.

PS-I only own Asvargr's ultra-sound scan. haha.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
12.04.2008 - 08:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
@Ether
Im baaaaaack....
So I got Eidolon, its very good, Im only on my 2nd listen right now, there are 1 or 2 songs that are kind of boring, but for the most part is a great album. Baphomet is definitely the best song on the album IMO.
----
- George Carlin
01.06.2008 - 23:50
Varegan
Hamranakara
suddenly i have become their big fan!!! one of the best bms ever, I loved "Stab Wounds" and "Séance".cant wait to listen to last album
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
24.06.2008 - 18:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by HolyandFallen on 24.06.2008 at 15:08

Have any of you guys heard their last work - "Eidolon"? Well that's what I call Black Metal! I can only say that these guys from Germany rule! Just lisen to their "Edge Of Night" and you'll surely dig in what I'm talking about.

Hell yeah! Its the only work Ive heard from them (I own it) and I think 'Baphomet' has to be my favorite track, never thought Id say this about a black metal song but the bass in the intro is so...funky!
----
- George Carlin
20.08.2008 - 21:18
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Yeah i can't get enough of this album at the moment.

Finding Black Metal on the shelves of CD shops in Dubai is still a novel experience so i bought it the second i saw it sitting there taunting me haha. Nowadays with it being so easy to download albums before deciding if its worth buying it was quite refreshing to buy an album of a band i'd never properly heard before and being blown away by it.

I bought Bilocate's latest offering at the same time after only hearing one of their songs once while completly intoxicated and that is brilliant aswell. All in all a good days shopping
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
21.08.2008 - 06:28
Sorg
Account deleted
Dark Fortress's earlier material is significantly better than the latest album, not an uncommon senario for long-running metal bands. I liked "Tales From Eternal Dusk" the most.
15.05.2011 - 16:50
Sulac

Ylem took some time to grow on me, but I've found myself liking it more and more with every listen. I definitely intend on listening to more of this band's offerings.
19.05.2011 - 17:56
jazar94

I downloaded Stab Wounds and Seance a few weeks ago. They're okay, definitely not the best, but then again, who's to say what is the best band in a genre?
07.10.2019 - 10:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Dark Fortress (Official)
4 October at 13:36 ·
Hi folks! Here's the long awaited update on the new studio album.

We are currently putting finishing touches to our eighth studio album. V. Santura comments:

"We have been working intensely on our new album over various sessions in the last couple of months. The title will be "Spectres from the Old World". We decided to keep quite silent and vague about the process but now the recordings are basically completed. We have just finished recording all of the lead vocals with Morean on Monday, and only a few last details and two guitar solos are missing. Again, I am blown away by the power and versatility of Morean's vocals. "Spectres from the Old World" will probably be perceived as less "progressive" than its two predecessors "Venereal Dawn" and "Ylem", but it is more compact, super intense and I love the sheer power and dark energy it bursts forth."

The album will be mixed and mastered in October and early November by guitarist and producer V. Santura at Woodshed Studio in Germany and released worldwide via Century Media in late February 2020. More news will follow.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing