Metal Storm logo
Epica - Release Video For Second Single

Symphonic metal heavyweights Epica have just released the second single off their new album, The Holographic Principle. Apart from watching a new video from the band, you can discover the new track "Edge Of The Blade". The video was shot together with director Jens De Vos and his team at Panda Productions. The Holographic Principle will be released on the 30th of September via Nuclear Blast Records. Mark your calendars!

Coen Janssen says: "Finally another video! Very happy with the way it turned out! It gives a glimpse on what to expect from our upcoming live shows, so watch it a few times cause I'm expecting to see you sing along with it soon!"

Source: epica.nl
Band profile: Epica
Posted: 08.09.2016 by Nifheim

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 194 users
08.09.2016 - 20:27
Kais

Meh.
08.09.2016 - 20:38
the_scarecrow

Solid. I feel it's a grower.
08.09.2016 - 20:43
ohmayhem

This will be the longest month of my life.
08.09.2016 - 20:44
Didymus

Yikes. Sounds like they just threw everything they thought sounded like "Epica" at each other, assuming it would create something remarkable.

Weird album opener. UDS was definitely superior. Looks like this album will be hit and miss.
08.09.2016 - 21:07
PocketMetal

Great video, average song. The production is all over the place and nothing stands out.
08.09.2016 - 21:32
ScottyM

I like this one more than Universal Death Squad, but I'm still a little jaded after they released their single Essence of Silence from their last album. The choruses of both singles don't seem as ambitious and energetic as EoS, and they aren't getting me as hyped as I'd hoped. I'm still excited for the album, especially since I wound up enjoying more of the non-singles on The Quantum Enigma, so I'll just pick up my optimisms and go play in the corner by myself.
08.09.2016 - 21:51
annodomini

I'm really calm. Typical Epica situation. Singles are wuite boring and uninspiring and then the rest of the album crushes it. All the early review states, that this one of their best and one of the best this years albums, so it should be totally fine.
----
the riddle wants to be...
09.09.2016 - 00:07
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
The riffs are rubbish...
09.09.2016 - 11:52
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Well, that was pretty bland. Not looking very good so far.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.09.2016 - 18:31
Evican
Ann O'War
The album grows on you. These two songs are definitely NOT the standouts. The second-half of the album is killer.
10.09.2016 - 20:02
Reaper_Redeemer

Disapointing. First time I do not like teasers from an album of them. I feel like this is bad, really bad...
11.09.2016 - 20:30
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Some weird melodies in there but I really like the chorus. Kind of a mixed bag like the first single but hopefully its a grower as others have been saying, honestly think that may be the case.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
13.09.2016 - 17:12
Wiseman's Fear

I don't know but I found the song to be really predictable and like many other Epica songs. I hope the rest of the album will be better but at the same time I doubt it because I didn't really like Universal Death Squad either.

Hits total: 2514 | This month: 3