Metal Storm logo
Tom Waits

Original post

Posted by Elijah, 04.04.2007 - 07:42
I dabbled in his music a bit over the years, but recently have really started to get into his music, having purchased two CDs in the last two days. Tom Waits is a musician who started out as a jazz/blues artist with some folk thrown in before shifting his musical style completely and became more experimental in the vein of Captain Beefheart and Frank Zappa, as well as contributing to many other artist's recordings and movies, as well as a prolific actor.
21.10.2011 - 12:27
Malevolent-Jim

Written by IronAngel on 24.08.2011 at 02:21

New single "Bad As Me" is out, and album will be released 25th October (I think). Also check out his funny Private Listening Party video he released on the subject.

The single is on Spotify, for example, and sounds great.

Well the new album is out next week and the preview emails have been sent out this week. It sounds awesome! Much better than Real Gone and Orphans!
21.10.2011 - 12:56
IronAngel

I played the stream once on the background, but from what I heard I agree. I liked it, solid quality as expected. Nothing groundbreaking, but there's no getting around the fact that Tom can write a tune. Right now I'm catching up on whatever metal and other albums I've missed this year, because I'll probably spend the next few months listening to nothing but Bad As Me and the new Kate Bush album once it's out.