Metal Storm logo
Jani Liimatainen & Anette Olzon - Announce New Project And Album

Prolific label Frontiers Music Srl have just confirmed that a new project fronted by the former Nightwish vocalist Anette Olzon and also with Jani Liimatainen, mostly known as Sonata Arctica's former guitarist, and the mastermind behind Cain's Offering. With further details yet to be announced, this unexpected collaboration will bear its first fruit in mid to late 2017.

Jani Liimatainen posted the following statement: "I have always been a big fan of Anette's voice and when the opportunity to work with her arose, writing and producing an album, it was something I just couldn't say no to! It has been a blast working on the songs already and I can't wait for the final result, this will be epic! The songs will be extremely melodic and to the point. My goal has been to write catchy songs with hooks that will haunt your dreams, and I think it's pretty much 'mission accomplished'. Stay tuned for something special!"

Anette Olzon adds: "I am so looking forward to sing on an album with Jani and to finally work with Frontiers. I believe it will be a perfect match and I am really happy that Jani and Frontiers asked me to do this with them!"

Frontiers President, Serafino Perugino, concludes: "I originally envisioned the musical alliance between those two musical giants and the fact that they liked the concept proposed makes me incredibly proud! Working with two high class musicians like Jani and Anette is a true honor and we will do our complete best to please them and to release a record which will make all the melodic and power metal fans very happy!"

Prior to Frontiers' announcement, Jani shared a video on his Instagram account, showcasting his Cain's Offering mate Jani "Hurtsi" Hurula recording drums for what he claimed to be the "first day of recording" at the Tico Tico Studio in Finland, allowing speculation to be revolving his now-announced project with Anette. You may watch the video here.

Courtesy of Frontiers Records Srl

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cain's Offering
Posted: 14.09.2016 by Kais

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 121 users
14.09.2016 - 21:05
Susan
Smeghead
I'm not a fan of hers but I'm proud of her for persevering, nonetheless. I've loved Jari's bands so hopefully this will be great.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
14.09.2016 - 21:35
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Susan on 14.09.2016 at 21:05

I've loved Jari's bands so hopefully this will be great.

Jani not Jari. Jari sucks, lol.
14.09.2016 - 21:41
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Hex_Omega on 14.09.2016 at 21:35

Written by Susan on 14.09.2016 at 21:05

I've loved Jari's bands so hopefully this will be great.

Jani not Jari. Jari sucks, lol.

OOPS
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
14.09.2016 - 22:03
sharkruisher

I am both excited, and worried, at the same time
----
I have been called many names, and they are all true

Metalhead, long haired bastard, (former) reviewer, Swede, semi-handsome, dingus
14.09.2016 - 22:45
Stunning Cactus

Eww. He can find a better vocalist to work with.
14.09.2016 - 22:46
the_scarecrow

Great to hear she's making a return to music after her previous uncertainty. I loved her performances with Nightwish, and hopefully now she won't be harassed and ridiculed because "she's not Tarja."
15.09.2016 - 01:41
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by the_scarecrow on 14.09.2016 at 22:46

Great to hear she's making a return to music after her previous uncertainty. I loved her performances with Nightwish, and hopefully now she won't be harassed and ridiculed because "she's not Tarja."

I liked her solo album from a couple of years ago.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
15.09.2016 - 04:34
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Stunning Cactus on 14.09.2016 at 22:45

My brother wants to know who you'd suggest.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
15.09.2016 - 10:45
Stunning Cactus

Written by M C Vice on 15.09.2016 at 04:34

To work with Jani? Based on his songwriting with Sonata Arctica and acoustic album with Timo Kotipelto, I'd love to hear Tarja over some of his music, or perhaps Floor Jansen or Simone Simons. I'm not a fan of Anette, I think she has a very weak voice suitable maybe to soft rock.
15.09.2016 - 13:02
the_scarecrow

Written by Irritable Ted on 15.09.2016 at 00:17

She's not Tony damn it!

FANBOY RAGE TRIGGERED!!

Written by M C Vice on 15.09.2016 at 01:41

I liked the few songs I heard from it, although I've yet to listen to it completely; I keep getting sidetracked.
15.09.2016 - 17:47
Ruchesko

Her and Nightwish always felt a bit mismatched - to go from singing AOR to (by then) Celto-symphonic power metal can't have been easy.

The guest spot she did with Pain is all the reassurance I need about her ability.

Also, great to know I don't have to wait another 5 years to hear something new from Jani.
15.09.2016 - 18:50
mariano

Written by Stunning Cactus on 15.09.2016 at 10:45

Written by M C Vice on 15.09.2016 at 04:34

To work with Jani? Based on his songwriting with Sonata Arctica and acoustic album with Timo Kotipelto, I'd love to hear Tarja over some of his music, or perhaps Floor Jansen or Simone Simons. I'm not a fan of Anette, I think she has a very weak voice suitable maybe to soft rock.

I would add Manuela Kraller at the top of that list. You'd have more chances of getting her on board than any of the other 3 anyway
15.09.2016 - 19:56
Risto
Wandering Midget

I'm not a fan of Anette, I think she has a very weak voice suitable maybe to soft rock.

Now that's just silly talk. She has solid singing technique based on some live Nightwish footage from those times. Maybe not a great fit for Nightwish, but I can't deny her general ability.
15.09.2016 - 22:15
Pitwulf93

Written by M C Vice on 15.09.2016 at 01:41

Written by the_scarecrow on 14.09.2016 at 22:46

Same here, I think a lot of people overlooked that one.
15.09.2016 - 23:10
Susan
Smeghead

I think she has a very weak voice suitable maybe to soft rock.

Soft rock may be incredibly boring and terrible, but traditionally it takes more vocal technique and STRONGER voices, not weaker ones. The voice is often at the forefront of such week music or otherwise soft or plain music. Most of the biggest soft rock hits over the decades have featured very strong voices. Not necessarily enjoyable, awesome voices, but strong ones nonetheless.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
18.09.2016 - 00:54
The Evergreen

I think the phrase I'm looking for is "shut up an take my money".
As much as I didn't like Annette's attitude, or what I perceived it to be, in Nightwish, I enjoyed her performance with them. Jani, whatever his failings, has always done an amazing job with any bit of music touches, IMO. I am very excited about this.
19.09.2016 - 16:44
mariano

Written by Risto on 15.09.2016 at 19:56

I'm not a fan of Anette, I think she has a very weak voice suitable maybe to soft rock.

Now that's just silly talk. She has solid singing technique based on some live Nightwish footage from those times. Maybe not a great fit for Nightwish, but I can't deny her general ability.

In spite of all the technique she may have, she has a thin weak voice anyway. But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy her singing.

The main reason why she was not a great fit for Nightwish, is because she came after Tarja with no prior reputation. Floor Jansen did not have that issue

Hits total: 3908 | This month: 14