Metal Storm logo
Undersmile - Disbanding

It's a sad day for fans of the UK sludge/doom metal quartet Undersmile. The promising band has unfortunately announced that they are breaking up, having only released two full-length albums until now. You might recall particularly Anhedonia, which was nominated for Best Doom Metal Album on Metal Storm Awards 2015.

Here is the band's statement: "We've decided, as friends, that Undersmile has come to an end as of today. We're all hugely proud of what we've achieved with the band. We've been honoured and humbled by the support we've received from fans of the band and the international doom community as a whole in the seven years that we've been together. With so many things going on in our lives at the moment we don't have the time and energy necessary to move the band forward."

Courtesy of Undersmile

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Undersmile
Posted: 17.09.2016 by Paz

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 58 users
17.09.2016 - 14:46
3rdWorld
China was a neat
First time I am hearing about their existence.
17.09.2016 - 14:53
Paz
Elite
Written by 3rdWorld on 17.09.2016 at 14:46

First time I am hearing about their existence.

It's good that you're checking all of the nomines before voting in the MSA
17.09.2016 - 15:55
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Paz on 17.09.2016 at 14:53

It's good that you're checking all of the nomines before voting in the MSA

Actually I didn't vote at all in the ms awards for the last 3 years. Sarcasm fail I guess.
17.09.2016 - 18:22
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Well, in the grand scheme of things, although I am quite a fan, not the band I'd be most upset to see go, I suppose. Very thankful I got to see them at Roadburn last year, it was a fantastic set. RIP
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
17.09.2016 - 18:53
PocketMetal
Oh. I hope their other projects such as Coma Wall continue to exist. They were a great band and even better people.
18.09.2016 - 07:37
zikon
This made me undersmiled
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats

Hits total: 1289 | This month: 5