Metal Storm logo
Who should add bands to the MS database?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.09.2016 - 13:06
This website is killing itself. The forum is dead already. There are probably a lot of metalheads like myself who like to post but dont find any topics worthy of a post. When I find a album I like its good to discuss that with other metalheads. And there is a shitload of albums that comes out each day - metal moves fast, but we cant discuss it here. The problem is that only staff here are worthy of adding bands. And the times when users looked up to staff and carefully listened to what bands they thought was good is probaly long gone... The bands that get added here at the moment are mostly pure shit - symphonic blabla or some unsigned heavy metal from the 80s.

My guess is that forum activity would rise if all users could add bands. It would probably be some trolling and even more shit bands but at least the forum activity would rise. And mostly important we would have the best bands here. So whats your oppinion? Is it good now when some obscure staff person adds the bands or should everyone, the users, be able to add bands? Or are there any other options? Discuss.

Poll

Who should add bands to the MS database?

Staff
Users

Total votes: 51
25.09.2016 - 20:58
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by 3rdWorld on 25.09.2016 at 20:21

Go home, you drunk bastard.

MS is his home, and he is undoubtedly toasty.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

28.09.2016 - 19:41
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 22.09.2016 at 06:09

(chunk of text)

I've not been around too whole hell of a lot lately, but if you are genuinely interested in helping out with full band profiles, which does include actually doing legitimate, journalist-style research into the band's complete history (which does include doing things like spending hours pouring over other news sites AND pouring over interviews and album reviews for every scrap of info you can find for that one single band) to insure quality over quantity, then hit me up in PM, or on Facebook, and I'll give you a shot. But if all you want to do is add bands and copy/paste whatever MA and Wikipedia have on said band(s), then don't even bother wasting my time or yours because I'll figure out what kind of person you are and drop you like bag of lead plates long before you've even realized that I've figured you out.

Good read to get some insight.

And I am not interested to do a large part of that job as I dont believe in your model of adding bands I guess you have to keep doing all that job by yourself and still dont achieve much (theres just too many bands). Tough luck
28.09.2016 - 19:43
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Zap on 21.09.2016 at 18:29

Written by Bad English on 21.09.2016 at 17:52

we all are curouise

Nope, just you.

Still butthurt?

28.09.2016 - 20:02
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 25.09.2016 at 19:57

post 10 bands here what you think must be add, I will analyze them and give my professional judgment

Professional judgment. Ok, wait.... Ill see if can hit you up with 10 Draconian type of bands or any symphonic male/female gothish doom

And ffs learn to read, this isnt about me. Read: me users. This is forum is already to diversed to have some staff or you pinpointing with your professional judgement what good music is.
Ill give you one band. Listen really, really carefully to this and then give your professional opinion:

28.09.2016 - 20:11
Zap
Written by Guest on 28.09.2016 at 19:43

Still butthurt?

About what?
28.09.2016 - 20:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Grayness
Wóddréa Mylenstede
Cant be add, band has no line up , form in years has NA and not even any official link, I doubt even JN would bake it up and make nice cake
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.09.2016 - 20:36
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 28.09.2016 at 20:11

Grayness
Wóddréa Mylenstede
Cant be add, band has no line up , form in years has NA and not even any official link, I doubt even JN would bake it up and make nice cake

Good that you looked that up But I couldnt care less for if they are here or not as I probably would be talking to myself. If I would have been serious I would have given you something that actually could get added.
28.09.2016 - 22:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Zap on 28.09.2016 at 20:11

About what?

Stop being butthurt, Zaph.
29.09.2016 - 22:26
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Yeah Zaph, you are clearly above that. Atleast we all think you are.
06.10.2016 - 16:49
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.09.2016 at 17:52

Gayness
Give me 10 bands what you want to be add in MS; post it here, we all are curouise what bands do you want
10 examples ..... just for fun, prove that you can do it

Ok here you go. I didnt pick some of my own favourites. I choose these becasue I think most of them could get at least a small fanbase here.

1. Darkher

https://darkher-uk.bandcamp.com/album/realms
2. Spirit Adrift

https://spiritadrift.bandcamp.com/album/chained-to-oblivion
3. Ustalost

https://ustalost.bandcamp.com/
4. Muscle And marrow

https://muscleandmarrow.bandcamp.com/
5. Ljáin
https://ljain.bandcamp.com/album/klofnar-tungur

6. Wode

https://wode.bandcamp.com/
7. Messa

https://messa666.bandcamp.com/album/belfry
8. Common Eider, King Eider

https://commoneiderkingeider.bandcamp.com/album/extinction
9. Nox Formulae

https://darkdescentrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-hidden-paths-to-black-ecstasy
10. Sinistro

https://projectosinistro.bandcamp.com/album/sinistro
06.10.2016 - 17:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Will check later and comment maybe some do majic trick
----

apos;'
[image]
06.10.2016 - 19:28
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Spirit Adrift definitely sounds good. A little bit Warning-y.
06.10.2016 - 21:03
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Looks like maybe he stole them from the new recs thread.

Nice suggestions though.
06.10.2016 - 21:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Yeah it's a good selection.
07.10.2016 - 00:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Nr one is not metal to me sounds more like some post soft rock, IMO band cent be active
(even it was OK song)
Band has no FB and anything listed in bandcamp, not even line up

Spirit Adrift - is OK, might happen btw
Ustalost - no form in year, known line up and info generally, cant happen, just a bandcamp what has no info
Muscle And marrow - not metal, cant be add
Ljáin - no year, just band camp, no line up, unknown info
Wode is OK, good basics, might happen
Messa is super OK, good basics
Common Eider, King Eider - not metal, band fb is dead whit info

Nox Formulae - NA in years, line up is fucked up, go and figure
Sinistro is OK
----

apos;'
[image]
07.10.2016 - 01:49
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 06.10.2016 at 21:03

Nice suggestions though.

Wtf If thats Spirit Adrift your refering to, look at 19 of august. Your just a couple of months late, up your games boys.
07.10.2016 - 05:47
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Guest on 07.10.2016 at 01:49

Nice suggestions though.

Wtf If thats Spirit Adrift your refering to, look at 19 of august. Your just a couple of months late, up your games boys.

Game is up now, old man. Also chill down, I was just kidding and have highlighted an important section of my comment for you.
07.10.2016 - 15:23
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 07.10.2016 at 05:47

Written by Guest on 07.10.2016 at 01:49

Nice suggestions though.

Game is up now, old man. Also chill down, I was just kidding and have highlighted an important section of my comment for you.

Ok, I didnt have my glasses on
07.10.2016 - 23:21
3rdWorld
China was a neat
That explains it just about right.
19.07.2017 - 21:48
abysss
First of all i'm a 12 year member of MS and I think this is the best metal site around the web, at least for me... but I tried to submit a few invisible band profiles additional infos and pictures and always found them to be rejected, without further explanation. I gave up. I really hate this aspect of MS. One takes the time and effort to make a band profile complete yet they always reject without explanation. What did I do wrong? ...Well don't bother, I just don't care anymore. Let the staff upload all that input they deem necessary to pass their "EXAM".
19.07.2017 - 23:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by abysss on 19.07.2017 at 21:48

First of all i'm a 12 year member of MS and I think this is the best metal site around the web, at least for me... but I tried to submit a few invisible band profiles additional infos and pictures and always found them to be rejected, without further explanation. I gave up. I really hate this aspect of MS. One takes the time and effort to make a band profile complete yet they always reject without explanation. What did I do wrong? ...Well don't bother, I just don't care anymore. Let the staff upload all that input they deem necessary to pass their "EXAM".

Probably you use metal archives or unnofical sources and 12 years in MS you should know rules.
Well I checked your logs you have only 4 edits

You should read rules what I gave you in link about sorces...
----

apos;'
[image]
19.07.2017 - 23:45
abysss
I use metalstorm for bands updates mostly, and I don't usually add bands, but when I do they are rejected. You sent me no additional info or rules link along with the message of rejection... both links take me to the band profile.
20.07.2017 - 02:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by abysss on 19.07.2017 at 23:45

I use metalstorm for bands updates mostly, and I don't usually add bands, but when I do they are rejected. You sent me no additional info or rules link along with the message of rejection... both links take me to the band profile.

You have no perms to add a bands, there are no such option add a band and someone accept, reject
+ bands people can add a band
----

apos;'
[image]
20.07.2017 - 16:47
abysss
I should have said "help a band to go out of invisibility" instead of add a band, then? Or only band people can help their profiles to rise up from invisibility?

Anyway, I give up, have a nice day.
12.04.2021 - 23:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by abysss on 20.07.2017 at 16:47

I should have said "help a band to go out of invisibility" instead of add a band, then? Or only band people can help their profiles to rise up from invisibility?

Anyway, I give up, have a nice day.

Feel free fix all whit help of our guidelines.
All line up whit years, former musicians whit years, live, guest. Whole disco, all links, newest label and good official source what backs up things.... Fee free mi amico
----

apos;'
[image]
13.09.2021 - 23:52
Morosis
Account deleted
Well, I don't want to sound rude or arrogant, but I'm done with the thing concerning the suggestions of bands and their discographies. I don't think it's minimally proportional to reject suggestions only because I forgot to use square brackets about some songs in a tracklist - that might sometimes be only one click away from being done. I don't also think it's acceptable as a rejecting response to my suggestion something like "sounds like rock, look it up with someone else". I might be adding currently not so relevant bands to the site's database, but we all know irrelevant bands today can be blasting bands tomorrow. However, I'll leave that for other members to do, maybe they'll cross with the same bands I've been listening to and will get luckier about suggesting them. No hard feelings, I'm just really exhausted, both mentally and physically and don't want to be a cause of annoyance to anyone. So that's it.