Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity - Reveal New Album Tracklist

On November 4th, 2016, Dark Tranquillity will release their 11th album Atoma worldwide through Century Media Records and start their North American headline tour. Fans needing a first taste of the album can hear the new track, "The Pitiless" this Friday. To keep the excitement going, the band will also debut a video for the song on September 26th, over at the Century Media Records YouTube channel. So, exciting things are coming really soon. For now, check out the song titles and album formats below.

Tracklist:
01. Encircled
02. Atoma
03. Forward Momentum
04. Neutrality
05. Force Of Hand
06. Faithless By Default
07. The Pitiless
08. Our Proof Of Life
09. Clearing Skies
10. When The World Screams
11. Merciless Fate
12. Caves And Embers

A limited edition double CD will be available as a digipak in North America and as a Mediabook in Europe. The bonus disc features the songs "The Absolute" and "Time Out Of Place" that showcase a very different side of the band. Recorded and mixed by Anders Lagerfors at Nacksving studios, these tracks are among the darkest and most brooding ever from the band ? but their experimental nature make them far removed from the usual metal territory.

The band explains: "A lot of our songs start out as pieces of music written on piano/keyboards before getting transformed into guitar driven metal. With this recording, we wanted to explore what would happen if we instead let the material take another direction, and we're extremely thrilled by the result."

These songs will exclusively be available on the physical deluxe edition of Atoma and won't appear on the digital edition of the album. A vinyl 7" is planned for early 2017. The gatefold vinyl LP will contain the 12 track CD and is available in different vinyl colors.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dark Tranquillity
Posted: 21.09.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 170 users
21.09.2016 - 17:41
s_t_s
Excited ! So far the band that has NOT disappointed me over the last 15 years of so ! Trying not to keep high expectations but cannot resist being so eager !
21.09.2016 - 18:11
Jagsey
I like Construct, it took the time to grow on me, but I'm curious what direction they are gonna take with this one.
21.09.2016 - 18:43
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Can't wait!
21.09.2016 - 20:42
Ocean Sage
We Are the Void is one of my favorite albums ever. Grew to love the stellar song writing on Construct. Def stoked for Atoma!
21.09.2016 - 22:14
ScottyM
These guys are one of the few remaining bands that managed to evolve as a band, but adhere mostly to the traditional Gothenburg melodeath style they helped create. The impression I get from listeners is that interest has waned over the decades due to the fact that they've remained mostly the same for a long time, yet we see so many people bitch and award minimal ratings to new albums when bands change. I have no doubt this will be a stellar album, they've never disappointed me.
22.09.2016 - 02:10
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by ScottyM on 21.09.2016 at 22:14

These guys are one of the few remaining bands that managed to evolve as a band, but adhere mostly to the traditional Gothenburg melodeath style they helped create. The impression I get from listeners is that interest has waned over the decades due to the fact that they've remained mostly the same for a long time, yet we see so many people bitch and award minimal ratings to new albums when bands change. I have no doubt this will be a stellar album, they've never disappointed me.

So true. I hate the hypocrisy of people who complain about bands who don't evolve and than turn around and complain about bands that do too. Truth is most of us would rather hate on an album or band rather then actually take the time to listen and enjoy them.

I personally love DT and love the evolution that the band has taken over the years. Can't wait for this one too!
22.09.2016 - 09:56
s_t_s
Written by WorpeX on 22.09.2016 at 02:10

So true. I hate the hypocrisy of people who complain about bands who don't evolve and than turn around and complain about bands that do too. Truth is most of us would rather hate on an album or band rather then actually take the time to listen and enjoy them.

I personally love DT and love the evolution that the band has taken over the years. Can't wait for this one too!

Well that's an old discussion : evolve or not ? Stay true or not ? I have nothing against changes as long as they bring quality and this is what DT has managed to do ever since Projector. I do think tho that most of you would agree that some bands like In Flames also evolved but not the right way... I also like the way Cradle of Filth (to stay into bands I've followed over 10 albums or so) has changed and tweaked their style even tho some albums may sound weaker than others but at least you can pick up your favorite
23.09.2016 - 00:17
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by s_t_s on 22.09.2016 at 09:56

Well that's an old discussion : evolve or not ? Stay true or not ? I have nothing against changes as long as they bring quality and this is what DT has managed to do ever since Projector. I do think tho that most of you would agree that some bands like In Flames also evolved but not the right way... I also like the way Cradle of Filth (to stay into bands I've followed over 10 albums or so) has changed and tweaked their style even tho some albums may sound weaker than others but at least you can pick up your favorite

In Flames is a tough subject though. They evolved to change their whole audience. Obviously if you ask their old audience (most MS users) they aren't going to approve of the change. However, In Flames has fans now from the Mainstream/Slipknot type. I still like some songs here and there of In Flames but the old stuff is where I was a big fan too. However, I think they do better financially now so I can't really fault them too much.

Cradle is a good example of a band thats changed well. I also really like the Amorphis example - their changes have been very positive and each rendition of the band has been great in their own right.
23.09.2016 - 03:55
ScottyM
Written by WorpeX on 23.09.2016 at 00:17

Written by s_t_s on 22.09.2016 at 09:56

In Flames is a tough subject though. They evolved to change their whole audience. Obviously if you ask their old audience (most MS users) they aren't going to approve of the change. However, In Flames has fans now from the Mainstream/Slipknot type. I still like some songs here and there of In Flames but the old stuff is where I was a big fan too. However, I think they do better financially now so I can't really fault them too much.

Cradle is a good example of a band thats changed well. I also really like the Amorphis example - their changes have been very positive and each rendition of the band has been great in their own right.

I don't have a problem with bands changing their sound, their audience, I've just grown up enough to realize "fuck it!" and go find a new band. If I feel the urge, I'll go back and listen to their older albums, or maybe nitpick their newer albums for tunes that I find to not be all that bad. I don't let that stuff get to me anymore, and have come to avoid jumping on the hate train, because it won't change anything except leave behind some pretty cringe-worthy rants that I'll eventually go back and wish I didn't write.

That's why I respect bands like these that have changed some, but still seem to want to hold onto their fan-base. DT, Amorphis, Soilwork, hell, you can even add At The Gates back onto that list now (praise Jibbers), among many more. So many great examples. They know how to keep it fresh, without taking a steaming shit on their fan base and looking at their new fans all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
23.09.2016 - 12:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's not bad. I've heard a lot worse from the genre in recent times.

Hits total: 2694 | This month: 7