Metal Storm logo
Amenra - Announce Acoustic Tour

The Belgian group Amenra just announced an acoustic tour in Europe. The first leg of the Afterlife Alive tour has been made public and will happen next year. See the dates below. The tour follows the release of Alive, an acoustic live album, on Consouling Sounds.

Shows confirmed:

17/02 - Oberhausen, GER, Drucklufthaus
18/02 - Berlin, GER, Lido
19/02 - Gdansk, POL, B90
20/02 - Warsaw, POL, Progresja
21/02 - Wroclaw, POL, Firlej
22/02 - Prague, CZE, Futurum
23/02 - Innsbruck, AUT, PMK
24/02 - Milan, ITA, Santeria Social Club
25/02 - Lausanne, SUI, Les Docks
26/02 - Karlsruhe, GER, Jubez
17/03 - Leeuwarden, NED, Neushoorn
18/03 - Eindhoven, NED, Effenaar
19/03 - Utrecht, NED, Tivoli

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amenra
Posted: 21.09.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 23 users
21.09.2016 - 20:41
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Try as they will but knowing what Amenra do live well this idea honestly sounds like a dissapointing time.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

21.09.2016 - 22:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Alakazam on 21.09.2016 at 20:41
Try as they will but knowing what Amenra do live well this idea honestly sounds like a dissapointing time.

Well, I've seen them performing twice with a "regular" set and once acoustic during Roadburn 2016 (I reviewed that set in the Roadburn articles) and I went in with little to no expectations and was honestly quite blown away by how great it was. You have to be quite the fan of emotive acoustic/atmospheric/slow stuff to dig it though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.09.2016 - 23:10
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.09.2016 at 22:12
Well, I've seen them performing twice with a "regular" set and once acoustic during Roadburn 2016 (I reviewed that set in the Roadburn articles) and I went in with little to no expectations and was honestly quite blown away by how great it was. You have to be quite the fan of emotive acoustic/atmospheric/slow stuff to dig it though.

I've seen them at Temples but no heavy would seem a loss of output from the emotional tension that they famously create. It would feel like instead of their very black and white concept shown musically and visually, going acoustic only would make there performance feel as a 50% output which as a performance dosen't really bode completely what standard they normally intend to show live.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

22.09.2016 - 18:11
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Alakazam on 21.09.2016 at 23:10

Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.09.2016 at 22:12

I've seen them at Temples but no heavy would seem a loss of output from the emotional tension that they famously create. It would feel like instead of their very black and white concept shown musically and visually, going acoustic only would make there performance feel as a 50% output which as a performance dosen't really bode completely what standard they normally intend to show live.

The output wouldn't be 50% of their performance. You can't compare it to the regular set you've seen (and the one I've seen previously) because it's NOT a regular performance to begin with. The band is certainly not going for the emotional tension known in their metal material but goes instead for a tranquil and touching performance carried by mostly acoustic (plus some violin). Their acoustic set is not a half of their regular music but a completely different interpretation of what the band is.

This is at least how I feel about the band when I saw them at Roadburn doing both completely different sets. Welp, the entire Roadburn set can be found here (as well as the regular one)

----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.09.2016 - 19:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
PLus they play a lot of covers during their acoustic set.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 1142 | This month: 3