Metal Storm logo
Candlemass - New Album Details

Swedish doomsters Candlemass will release their new album "King Of The Grey Islands", on June 22 through Nuclear Blast Records.
A picture of the cover art can be found here. The track listing for the 9th studio album is as follows:

01. Prologue
02. Emperor Of The Void
03. Devil Seed
04. Of Stars And Smoke
05. Demonia 6
06. Destroyer
07. Man Of Shadows
08. Clearsight
09. The Opal City
10. Embracing The Styx

Bassist Leif Edling had the following to say about the concept behind the 10 new tracks: "The album is a concept story about depression and suicide in the modern society. The road to ruin for "many kings of grey islands" that can't stand the everyday life, and want to do something about it. No need to say this is Candlemass' black album!!"

You can read more info about the album at this location.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Candlemass
Posted: 04.04.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 2 users
04.04.2007 - 18:44
EvillSpell

Gosh... I am soooo looking forward to this album, so curious... Anyway i hope, that messiah won't sleep long and do somethin' solo too... or come back to Memento Mori...
----
If you love something, let it go... If it doesn't return, hunt it down and kill it!
04.04.2007 - 22:49
Silhouette

Will be interesting to hear how the album sounds without Messiah on vocals.

Think I'll like it, I'm a fan of concept albums.

Silhouette
05.04.2007 - 13:29
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
It sounds very interesting indeed, I love concept-albums...
Can't wait to hear Rob Lowe from Solitude Aeturnus singing in the place of Messiah...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
06.04.2007 - 01:52
Infurnace

Concept albums are great, at least most of them. I'm also looking forward to this album. Lowe is a great vocalist, but I wander how Candlemass will sound with him on vocals.

Hits total: 2522 | This month: 3