Metal Storm logo
Hacavitz

05.04.2007 - 02:59
..HumanError..
Account deleted

I discovered Hacavitz three weeks ago, when wandering on a Last.fm-like site... And came across a song from their first full-lenght work, Venganza, released in 2006.

Hacavitz is a Mexican band, with a Black/Death sound. Their songs are catchy, the lyrics are ... meant to be dark and deep... In my opinion, it is more funny than anything else . But it gets more interesting when it is written in Spanish, and, in an old prehispanic language... : it gives the songs an original and authentic touch, as the Spanish sonorities are really different from the English ones as you may know...
The singer's voice is good, nothing extraordinary, but it fits the fast rhythm of the songs.
I don't know much about all this, but the guitars and drums sound good to my ears : furious riffs, some solos here and there ; fast drums.

If I had to compare their music to another more known band, it would be to hmm..Morbid Angel... or even Belphegor. They're in the limit between Death and Black.. This is just to give you an idea of what it may sound like. I am sure there will be a bunch of furious people protesting and cursing at me because i called them Black/Death.. . Just get your own opinion, and forget mine.

You can hear some songs on their Myspace official page: http://www.myspace.com/hacavitz666. And here is the link for their official website : http://evilheart.com/hacavitz/.

Unfortunately the song I consider to be the best in that album, Fathom Thee Eerie, is not available on their Myspace page, but you can always look for it somewhere else in the web, or even downlad. Which is illegal and doesnt help the band, I know..

Now, you can tell us what you guys think about this new and promising band .

12.02.2008 - 23:14
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Nice Band, the drums are Insane! All you out there check them out!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...