Metal Storm logo
Pantera - Share Unreleased Version Of 'Floods'

On October 21st, in honor of Pantera's The Great Southern Trendkill 20th anniversary, Rhino will release The Great Southern Trendkill: 20th Anniversary Edition. Originally released in May 1996, the album contained the song "Floods". As of now, you can listen to a previously unreleased version of "Floods" here, taken from the upcoming 20th anniversary edition of The Great Southern Trendkill.

The Great Southern Trendkill: 20th Anniversary Edition tracklist:

Disc One:
01. The Great Southern Trendkill
02. War Nerve
03. Drag The Waters
04. 10's
05. 13 Steps To Nowhere
06. Suicide Note Pt. I
07. Suicide Note Pt. II
08. Living Through Me (Hell's Wrath)
09. Floods
10. The Underground In America
11. (Reprise) Sandblasted Skin

Disc Two:
01. The Great Southern Trendkill (2016 Mix)
02. War Nerve (Live '98)
03. Drag The Waters (Early Mix)
04. 10's (Early Mix)
05. 13 Steps To Nowhere (Instrumental Version)
06. Suicide Note Pt. I (Intro) *
07. Suicide Note Pt. I (Early Mix) *
08. Suicide Note Pt. II (Live '98)
09. Living Through Me (Hell's Wrath) (Instrumental Version)
10. Floods (Early Mix)
11. The Underground In America (Early Mix)
12. Sandblasted Skin (Live '98)

*Not included on The Great Southern Outtakes

The two-disc set includes a remastered version of the original album, plus a dozen previously unreleased mixes, instrumentals and live recordings, including two versions of "Suicide Note Pt. 1" ? a rough mix of the track, along with a separate version of the introduction, which spotlights Dimebag on 12-string acoustic. The second disc also features a newly remixed version of the title track, rough mixes for "Drag The Waters" and "The Underground In America," as well as instrumental takes for "13 Steps To Nowhere" and "Living Through Me (Hell's Wrath)." The anniversary collection also features three live tracks recorded at the Dynamo Festival in The Netherlands in 1998.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Pantera
Posted: 08.10.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 55 users
09.10.2016 - 08:47
raintrance

Here in this mix Mr. Rex is showcased..an underrated master of the bass guitar, laying down grooves with the greatest guitarist of all time. Thx for sharing!
10.10.2016 - 12:00
MikeVonDoom

98 Dynamo was such an epic gig! Two metal icons were in the spotlight: Death and Pantera!

Hits total: 2853 | This month: 2