Band: Abed
Album: The Coming Of Soon
Style: Progressive death metal
Release date: June 2006

01. Cement
02. The Coming Of Soon
03. Cold Smoke
04. Redeemability

Abed is a young band from Israel and "The Coming Of Soon" is their first official release. This demo which features four songs, is an interesting piece of music, original, intelligent and with a lot of good ideas, their mix of Death, Progressive Metal and even "oriental" music will please all the metalheads who want something different. If you're bored by classical Metal release, you should have a look on this Demo. Be sure of one thing, we will probably hear a lot of good things about this band soon.

The music of Abed mixes a lot of different things. First, you have to know that we're in front of a Progressive band, which means that the songs of the Demo are complex. On a side, we have Death Metal vocals and aggressive riffs, but on the other you'll also be able to find classical instruments (cellos etc), like oriental sonorities or even complex structures that we can find with a band like Pain Of Salvation. It's cool, and really even if we only have four songs, it's obvious that the guys worked a lot on them and they found the way to release four catchy nice songs full of energy and cool melodies.

Also, even if it's a demo, the production is really cool and looks extremely professional. The sound is tip-top, the artwork and booklet of the CD are really nice, no doubt that Abed wanted to do something classy and I really believe that it should open some doors to them. They're original, they have their own sound and my only regret is that maybe that it's a bit too much "modern" (or "Nu") sometime. But all in all, we are in front of a release of a good quality with classy musicians who had the good idea to write something different.

If Abed find the way to follow this road, I'm sure that they will find a way to sign a deal with a good label. There is a lot of good bands in Israel, especially young newcomers and Abed is already at the top of the list. If you're looking for something original, not linear and surprising, have a look on this demo (you can check their myspace too) and you'll understand why I'm saying all those good words about the combo. Let's keep an eye on this band, the best will come for them soon!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 9
Production: 7

Written by Jeff | 06.04.2007

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 13 users
06.04.2007 - 16:43
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Funny that a review for these guys gets put up now, I was just checking out the drummer's other band Eternal Gray earlier today. That stuff was pretty cool so now I look forward to hearing some of this. Good review
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
07.04.2007 - 10:51
Hyvaarin

I'd love to sleep on this band, har har!
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
07.04.2007 - 19:07
Sunioj

These guys are amazing on stage, they sound perfect together...perfect blend of aggressiveness and melody. Sweet band.

Hits total: 6075 | This month: 6