‹‹ Back to the Metal arena
Users visited: 26  
Search this topic:  
Which album is better according to you ?

Therion - Lepaca Kliffoth18
Tiamat - Clouds9

Total votes: 27

ylside

23.05.2006 at 16:43
Therion's Lepaca Kliffoth and Tiamat's Clouds are two strinkingly similar albums in the overall athmosphere, the vocals, and the way riffs are played. Both albums have a special strong feeling in them, and finally, both have the same slight death metal influence. (Although I don't consider them as Death Metal )

Lepaca Kliffoth has however varied musical influences (like all those oriental riffs) and is more enjoyable with time, this album does not run out of power after 5 songs, it's a constant flow of music.

Clouds is a little bit more soft, having some acoustic passages, vocals are less harsh. ( but still, they are similar in my opinion) And is more calm and wise.

I tend more toward Lepaca Kliffoth since it is more straight-forward and less passive than Clouds.
Daibh
Account deleted
  23.05.2006 at 17:09
A most interesting poll!

I have voted for Lepaca Kliffoth merely because it is more diverese; incorporating more elements into it's over all sound. It just seems to have more grandeur than Clouds. It also seems to have been put together a little better. The flow between each song, start to finish, seems alot more thoughtful if you will.
ylside

23.05.2006 at 20:04
Yes, LK does have a constant flow from it's beginning until the end that I like a lot too.
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
  25.05.2006 at 19:04
I voted Therion .. They are allright whilst it is in my opinion that Tiamat is ... Well ... boring actually
ylside

26.05.2006 at 11:04
This thread isn't about Therion vs Tiamat, but the TWO ALBUMS listed.
Surtur

28.05.2006 at 05:41
I think that this two albums aren't to similar, the truth is that I prefer LEpaca Kliffoth, it's quicker and the best Therion album I think, the lyrics from Clouds are even great...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
Lokomotiv
Übermensch

02.06.2006 at 07:32
I don't know other album with such dark feelings as "Clouds"... some of the most depressive stuff ever, by far their most simple album but at the same time my favourite... riffs are cold as ice, voice is desperate and it has the best Tiamat lyrics ("A Caress Of Stars", "The Sleeping Beauty" for example)... awesome album...

About Lepaca, I never caught its feeling... I don't know, I never was the biggest Therion fan but that album wasn't very strong for me.
okt31
Account deleted
  02.06.2006 at 10:24
Interesting and good poll,, BUT !!! ... IMO ...
Clouds is the best doom/death album of all time and Lepaca is the bridge album between Therion's symhonic/death (Symph. Masses, their first 2 are classic DM with an interesting feeling, but this is not the point now) and their symphonic/heavy era (Theli and later).. So I woudn't compare these that easy... But I see your point..
Anyway, I prefer Clouds... It has Tiamat's best lyrics, all 8 songs are faultless and.. it's pure genius..
ylside

02.06.2006 at 10:40
I still think those albums ca be compared for the reasons I stated before but also for the fact that they are the symbol of a transition era, they are the hybrid albums of both bands.
Bad English
nobody

03.08.2006 at 00:27
where are vote for bouth.
I like bouth albums, I even dont know witch musicicaly I like better, ok from Tiamat my fav are ''Wildhouney'' but Therion, I dont know witch
From those what you mentioned its hard to choose, but probobly I voote(Im not shore if I voote) for Tiamat, ebcause I like them lyrivs better!
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
  04.05.2008 at 14:03
yes i like both bands too but its so easy to choose Clothes
dunkelheit_13

10.03.2009 at 09:51
Similar albums?! is it a joke?
----
war is over if you want
SatyriconChick

26.11.2009 at 05:48
Wow... Well, I like both bands and actually LOVE Tiamat, and since I was always more into them, I have to go with Clouds. That is an amazing album.
MetallicA

30.11.2009 at 04:05
It's been a few years since I listened to Lepaca Kliffoth...I think I will put it in!

but yeah, I voted for Lepaca Kliffoth. That album is great! I do like the death metal influences as well.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
Uirapuru
Liver Failure

21.12.2009 at 09:22
Wow! That's a good confrontation. I hate these two bands in their early years, and both Lepaca and Clouds kinda makes the marking point from when these bands became enjoyable to me.

Still, Clouds kicks Lepaca Kliffoth's ass. More good moments per minute during the listened
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.