Metal Storm logo
Trivium - To Re-Release Debut Album

If you are into Trivium and particularly their debut album, Ember To Inferno, take note. The band is re-releasing the 2003 record. Ember To Inferno: Ab Initio, which contains the debut album plus 13 previously unavailable demos, will be out on December 2nd.

You can pe-order on CD, vinyl and deluxe boxset here.

The Deluxe CD contains the original Ember To Inferno album with new artwork, plus 13 bonus tracks and an expanded booklet in a digipak. The 13 bonus tracks are the band's early demos "Ruber" (aka the Red Demo), "Caeruleus" (aka the Blue Demo) and "Flavus" (aka the Yellow Demo).

Here's one of the tracks from the debut:

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Trivium
Posted: 18.10.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 93 users
18.10.2016 - 13:55
Sword_Chant

Could be an interesting release, depending on how they re-release the songs. If they re-record the songs and take on the more recent sound of their most recent 2 albums then my expectations won't be very high. Interested to hear the old demos though.
18.10.2016 - 16:46
ScottyM

Written by Sword_Chant on 18.10.2016 at 13:55

Could be an interesting release, depending on how they re-release the songs. If they re-record the songs and take on the more recent sound of their most recent 2 albums then my expectations won't be very high. Interested to hear the old demos though.

Trivium is the quintessential definition of a bell curve if their MS album ratings are any indication. Their first album is arguably just as bad as their recent work (I remember hearing Matt give a speech where he almost sounded ashamed by it), albeit Ember To Inferno was terrible metalcore, whereas their most recent stuff is just terrible heavy metal. If they were looking to impress folks, which let's be honest, they won't, they'd have dig back into their Shogun days to make the majority of folks think it was anything more than slop.

In reality, they're either going to re-record the same garbage, and release it as garbage, or re-work their old garbage, incorporating today's garbage, and still release garbage. Take your pick.
18.10.2016 - 19:10
Sword_Chant

Written by ScottyM on 18.10.2016 at 16:46

Written by Sword_Chant on 18.10.2016 at 13:55

Trivium is the quintessential definition of a bell curve if their MS album ratings are any indication

After seeing many albums with a rating of well over 8.5 with over 20+ votes that don't get featured in the Top 20 (and the amount of vote abuse on this site on albums that do happen to make it in Top 20) I tend to take MS ratings with a pinch of salt. Don't get me wrong i've found many great albums through high ratings, but generally if something sounds good to me then it sounds good. In Trivium's case - for me and a few others I know, the Trivium albums still have listenability as they are somewhat nostalgic and in my case they we're the first metal band I got into, in fact Trivium are the reason I got into all the metal bands I listen to today.
19.10.2016 - 00:15
MikeVonDoom

I don't understand how can someone re release an album from such an young band!
19.10.2016 - 00:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by MikeVonDoom on 19.10.2016 at 00:15

I don't understand how can someone re release an album from such an young band!

Album us out of print and impossible to get hold of? So they re-release it. Happens loads of times.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.10.2016 - 09:01
Overrwatcher

About time they re-release it. It was super hard to get access to for the longest time, and as a result it's the only Trivium album I never bothered to check out.

I know this one isn't a very good album but it's still an interesting piece of history so I'm definitely looking forward to this.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
19.10.2016 - 12:21
MikeVonDoom

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.10.2016 at 00:38

Album us out of print and impossible to get hold of? (...)

Dude, now in English please...
19.10.2016 - 12:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Album is out of print and impossible to get hold of.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2466 | This month: 4