11. Fireball
12. Endlessly

Found in 8 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 25   Visited by: 429 users
21.10.2016 - 04:33
raintrance

This one's alright, but it's probably going to disappoint a lot of people. 1st track is one of their best, but rest of album doesn't follow up IMO. Was hoping they'd follow the path of the outro on Massive Addictive, Exhale. I'd say 6.5ish
23.10.2016 - 03:40
Rating: 4
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Damn... They really went full on pop on this one.

Sounds like an Elize Ryd solo pop album with vague elements of Rock/Metal rather than the blisteringly energetic pop/electronica-metal Amaranthe we once so guiltily indulged in... *RIP metal's biggest guilty pleasure*
----
pewpew.. gotcha
23.10.2016 - 07:38
ScottyM

Flame away, but with how low my standards have been set for this album, I actually kinda enjoy it... Sure, it's pretty pop-y, but everyone knew that was coming.

Thank god for internet anonymity, the guilty-pleasure-ometer is redlining though.
23.10.2016 - 20:03
Rating: 5
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro
The problem of the album isn't being pop, but unoriginal pop. The second song main melody reminds me of a Lady Gaga hit...
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
23.10.2016 - 22:11
Rating: 9
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Haters gonna hate.

Catchy album. Of course it's poppy, you goons. Keep hating, they're not going anywhere. #dealwithit
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
24.10.2016 - 16:32
Rating: 3
Kuroboshi

"Haters gonna hate" is one of the worst ways of defending a band for putting out a bland album. I don't dislike their style as such, but their music is not very interesting, to say the least.
25.10.2016 - 07:33
Morbidron
Account deleted
These "guys" need a career change already... And the bitchy vocals are very hard to listen to... Sorry girls, I don't like you in sports, I don't want you anywhere near metal
25.10.2016 - 13:23
Overrwatcher

I'll comment on this album later, just one thing:

Written by Guest on 25.10.2016 at 07:33

These "guys" need a career change already... And the bitchy vocals are very hard to listen to... Sorry girls, I don't like you in sports, I don't want you anywhere near metal

So whenever I mention in the forums about casual sexism even on this site, I feel as if this post here shows a pretty good example.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
25.10.2016 - 16:38
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Overrwatcher on 25.10.2016 at 13:23

So whenever I mention in the forums about casual sexism even on this site, I feel as if this post here shows a pretty good example.

Yeah, people seem to tend to be an extreme version of themselves in the internet =)
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
26.10.2016 - 01:18
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
I'm a fan of the band, really liked the first two albums, first one especially, refreshing mix of pop and dance with rock and metal, but this one just doesn't work for me. Too weak, too soft and not at all original.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
26.10.2016 - 08:41
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by AngelofDeth on 23.10.2016 at 03:40

Sounds like an Elize Ryd solo pop album with vague elements of Rock/Metal rather than the blisteringly energetic pop/electronica-metal Amaranthe we once so guiltily indulged in... *RIP metal's biggest guilty pleasure*

^This right here to the T.

And, yea, I knew this was coming eventually, too, but I had hoped we might get some more Amaranthe before they became "Elyze Ryd and the Amaranthe Boys".
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

26.10.2016 - 09:37
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 23.10.2016 at 22:11

Haters gonna hate.

Catchy album. Of course it's poppy, you goons. Keep hating, they're not going anywhere. #dealwithit

Dood, literally everyone commenting here(except for that one sexist dood) is a fan of the band. We're not metal elitists blindly hating, we're fans that are legitimately disappointed.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
26.10.2016 - 09:42
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by psykometal on 26.10.2016 at 08:41

Written by AngelofDeth on 23.10.2016 at 03:40

^This right here to the T.

And, yea, I knew this was coming eventually, too, but I had hoped we might get some more Amaranthe before they became "Elyze Ryd and the Amaranthe Boys".

I have to admit I didn't see it coming. Massive Addictive wasn't as great as their first two albums but I still enjoyed the hell out of it and thought they had at least one more album in them before burning out. But yeah, "Elyze Ryd and the Amaranthe Boys" is right lol. Shame cuz she's legitimately a good singer but good singers need good music to sing over and this.... just no...

On a sidenote... hopefully the poor reception to this album will put the band on a brief hiatus after the album tour, giving Olaf time to write/record a new Dragonland album Wishful thinking but hey, you never know...
----
pewpew.. gotcha
26.10.2016 - 10:45
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 23.10.2016 at 22:11

Haters gonna hate.

This is one big pile of smelly bear shit you been to adore with, cretin.

You may have develop some crappy taste in music which you tagging them as "catchy", but this record is even far away from being a catchy album. One of the worst release ever( even worse than new Sonic Syndicate).
26.10.2016 - 14:29
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Yeah, it's not catchy at all.

They used to be catchy. They used to be a kinda interesting blend of dance/pop and metal, but this album here is just an uninspired poppy metal album a la insert band x with female vocals, so it kinda ruined the whole thing.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
27.10.2016 - 00:57
Rating: 3
FYA
Destroyer
So...as a Amaranthe hater (not because their poppy sound - I even enjoyed first album but the reason they won an 'Album of the year' category) I feel an imperative to write something about their newest 'masterpiece'.

Listened to first three songs. Intro song had pretty decent begining, but what happen next...it's like they decided to listen some pop hits from 2010-2011, add some guitars and screams. For real, this is very, very weak. It it's the 'Sonic Syndicate' direction they're taking, it's very bad idea for them.
27.10.2016 - 06:26
Rating: 9
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Buncha haters all up in here
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
27.10.2016 - 18:54
BloodTears
ANA-thema

Life must be tough for you then. Why can't the world be populated solely by men? Bummer.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
27.10.2016 - 19:36
ScreamingSteelUS
Editor-in-Chief

And here I was thinking we were long past the "G-g-girls? In MY subculture? But they have cooties!"
----
"Earth is small and I hate it" - Lum Invader

I'm the Agent of Steel.
02.11.2016 - 15:13
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
I love how everyone who liked album go along "Elitist metalheads / haters" tag. I found out about them back when they only had one demo song on youtube, and were still called Avalanche. Only some months later did they change name to Amaranthe, and released that demo / EP. The fist two albums are great, first one is one of my all time favorites. Even the third did pretty decent job for me, did not liked every song on it, but most of it were good. But this one just doesn't work for me, I got maybe one and a half songs that I really like. And it's not that catchy for me.. when I first heard that demo of 'Leave Everything Behind' I played song on repeat for hours.. I listened to this one like 3-4 times, I can't even remember any chorus.

So yeah, some of us are just genuinely disappointed fans... nothing wrong with someone liking this album, but just trying to point out that not everyone here are "haters",
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
09.11.2016 - 00:24
Rating: 8
The Norseman

I'll take this "popipy" shit over other pop shit out there, any day!

I wish the metal community would be more open about letting heavy music became mainstream. The traditional metal will always exists and its great that bands like Amaranthe can make the bridge between the metal world and the pop world.
19.01.2017 - 03:15
raintrance

Ah, had doubts at first but this one ended up growing on me over time. Sounds great in a car with a bumpin' system. Love it now.
09.02.2017 - 18:11
Rating: 2
Nick Carter

Written by ScreamingSteelUS on 27.10.2016 at 19:36

And here I was thinking we were long past the "G-g-girls? In MY subculture? But they have cooties!"

well, that doesn't leave "boys" in a better position, considering there are 5 boys in this band and only 1 girl. It's bad to be a mysoginist but its worse to be one and don't know how to count
----
#MetalIsForEveryone
07.01.2018 - 05:44
Finally checked this album out, despite my liking for the first two albums I've always been cynical about them, as I felt like they were a product, this album confirms that for me.

I had no idea they had a connection with the massively superior Dragonland though!
08.09.2019 - 04:09
SebasGiardino

Written by Theoncomingstorm on 07.01.2018 at 05:44

Finally checked this album out, despite my liking for the first two albums I've always been cynical about them, as I felt like they were a product, this album confirms that for me.

I had no idea they had a connection with the massively superior Dragonland though!

I think the same bro
----
Sex > War

Hits total: 9051 | This month: 29