Metal Storm logo
Avenged Sevenfold - Reveal Full New Album Details, Stream Live Performance

The last few days have been busy for Avenged Sevenfold and it culminates with the surprise release of their new album The Stage, out today via Capitol Records. They decided to release an album with no advance notice. The band performed live yesterday from the top of the Capitol Records Tower and live streamed it to their fans across the world. You can watch their performance here. As for the album The Stage, check out all the details about it below, just now revealed officially.

Co-produced with the band by Joe Barresi (Queens Of The Stone Age, Tool, Melvins), The Stage is an epic concept album about artificial intelligence, and concludes with a 15-minute musical interpretation of the Big Bang, capped by a monologue from astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Tracks:

01. The Stage (8:32) [streaming here]
02. Paradigm (4:19)
03. Sunny Disposition (6:41)
04. God Damn (3:42)
05. Creating God (5:35)
06. Angels (5:41)
07. Simulation (5:31)
08. Higher (6:29)
09. Roman Sky (5:00)
10. Fermi Paradox (6:31)
11. Exist (15:39)

To celebrate the new album, Avenged Sevenfold are also opening pop-up shops in Los Angeles and New York City from October 28th through October 30th, where you can get your hands on the album and pop-up shop only-merch. Get the full details over here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Avenged Sevenfold
Posted: 28.10.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 58 users
28.10.2016 - 17:56
Kuroboshi
Wow, that is a very cool concept, and the final songs looks interesting. I have my doubts on these guys managing this to be any good though.
28.10.2016 - 18:52
Doge of Venice
I'd just like to point out that this album is a guitar wankers wet dream.
29.10.2016 - 16:47
hadriel
Keep hearing comparisons to City of Evil. I'm not a big fan of this band, but that album is pretty damn solid. Really hope this is a return to form.
29.10.2016 - 22:42
Doge of Venice
Written by hadriel on 29.10.2016 at 16:47

Keep hearing comparisons to City of Evil. I'm not a big fan of this band, but that album is pretty damn solid. Really hope this is a return to form.

I mean, it features structural experimentation along similar lines, and is probably the most energetic album the band has put out since, helped in no part by the drums and the more aggressive guitar and bass work.

Features a lot of guitar wankery. I think there was only one song that had only a single guitar solo in it, if I remember correctly.

Hits total: 2051 | This month: 6