Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
19.07.2013 - 12:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 18.07.2013 at 16:51

Thanks, I'll certainly use some of these.

maybe in any upcomming ints whit non britis or american band you can ask
'if they consider to record one song in own lanuadge''
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.08.2013 - 15:49
rdhelli@gmail.com

Anyone sharing experience about North-American tour? How were they compared to their studio work? Anything surprising? Making a good show?
13.08.2013 - 18:18
Thrashette

I caught them on tour in Toronto the other night and thought they were incredible, better than the last time I saw them (back in December with Eluveitie). I prefer their self-titled to Time I. Time I just feels like it was driven by too much generic symphonic filler and not so much by interesting melodic riffs like in their first album. Maybe that stuff would've been cool and not so cliche 8 years ago when people expect that that they started writing the album. I wasn't very excited for Time II because I was expecting it to be like it's predecessor, but hearing them play Way of Fire got me looking forward to it
13.08.2013 - 20:33
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Thrashette on 13.08.2013 at 18:18

I caught them on tour in Toronto the other night and thought they were incredible, better than the last time I saw them (back in December with Eluveitie).

That sounds awesome. I'm excited to see them. My friends and I are catching the last show of the tour in North Carolina. I missed Wintersun last time, so I'm definitely looking forward to catching their headlining set.
14.08.2013 - 01:57
Thrashette

Written by Guest on 13.08.2013 at 20:33

Written by Thrashette on 13.08.2013 at 18:18

I caught them on tour in Toronto the other night and thought they were incredible, better than the last time I saw them (back in December with Eluveitie).

That sounds awesome. I'm excited to see them. My friends and I are catching the last show of the tour in North Carolina. I missed Wintersun last time, so I'm definitely looking forward to catching their headlining set.

You won't be disappointed. Even the opening bands on that tour put on amazing shows (especially Fleshgod Apocalypse) so try to show up early, get up close to the stage, and expect lots of energy from beginning to end and a sore neck the next morning When I saw Wintersun opening for Eluveitie, people went wild for them but seeing them headline is a whole other level.
14.08.2013 - 06:26
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Thrashette on 14.08.2013 at 01:57

expect lots of energy from beginning to end and a sore neck the next morning

I'm afraid my neck will already be sore before the show. We are seeing Iron Maiden the night before. :-P
14.08.2013 - 17:43
Thrashette

Written by Guest on 14.08.2013 at 06:26

Written by Thrashette on 14.08.2013 at 01:57

expect lots of energy from beginning to end and a sore neck the next morning

I'm afraid my neck will already be sore before the show. We are seeing Iron Maiden the night before. :-P

Damn, sounds like an awesome couple of days! I saw At The Gates 2 nights before Wintersun and I almost think it was a blessing in disguise that ATG's show didn't have any opening bands worth headbanging to... I was thinking of seeing Finntroll on the night after Wintersun, but that show just took so much out of me that I wasn't feeling it at all and didn't think it'd be fair for any show to happen so soon after that one XD
21.08.2013 - 09:58
Lord Eddard

Ah, Wintersun... Can't stop listening to "Time I". I need "Time II"! o/
24.03.2015 - 14:13
FeskarN

They played a new song called "Forest", this is material from the album after Time II! This needs to be heared in a studio version, let's hope the crowd-funding project start soon. Jari's music is out of this world. The middle part and the riff that follows is so epic!

----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
20.04.2015 - 06:30
Amy

And that's why I suppose they take very long to make albums. But they're self entitled album is amazing
----
\m/