Metal Storm logo
More creative during the day or during the night?

Original post

Posted by BloodTears, 10.04.2007 - 13:11
I was wondering if there is a specific pattern in your artistic productions, i mean if you have a certain period where you tend to be more inspired or with that urge to write/paint/play (whatever it is your artistic release). I just thought it would be interesting to know. In my case, for instance, is usually during the night that I tend to write more.

Share your thoughts on this please

Poll

When are you usually more creative?

during the night/evening
during the day

Total votes: 141
12.06.2007 - 15:04
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
There is something about the solitary nature of darkness that seems to bring forth all the creative ideas in my head.
26.06.2007 - 04:37
Phase
Account deleted
Im normaly more energized and have less control of my mind at night, coast off of that and call it "inspiration". Sometimes I hit a good break in the day though, all depends.
~
05.07.2007 - 10:59
alexo dynami
night photography is awesome, and I usually write my songs in the evenings, the morning doesnt seem right and being alone at night I can concentrate on lyric writing too.
10.07.2007 - 10:56
Torture Killer
Account deleted
I am a lot more creative at night usually i end up writing a song and falling asleep in the middle of it and wake up the next totally not remembering what the whole vibe or melody of the song was.
10.07.2007 - 13:18
Damned-In-Black
In terms of creativity, nothing changes between day and night for me, because when I'm writing I tend to switch off towards everything else anyway. Night is simply more convenient. No interruptions, more peaceful, etc - so that's when I write.
10.07.2007 - 14:22
Black Winter
for me the night is comforting for me in terms of writing, coz i don't usually use paper, i lay on my bed, severe insomnia, i start writing using my smartphone, until my mind goes blank that's when i fall in sleep.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
29.07.2007 - 09:00
Amethyst
Account deleted
More creative when sad or confused.
29.07.2007 - 15:20
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
It doesn't depend on day or night, it depends on me. Sometimes I get an idea when I'm sad, sometimes when excited, sometimes when alone, sometimes when people around me, sometimes when listening to a song or reading a book, sometimes when I'm already off to sleep.... Night or day - doesn't matter. I also have a very confused biorhytm, so I sometimes get up at 6am and go to bed a midnight, sometimes I go to bed at 6am and sleep till 9 pm...
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
02.08.2007 - 14:47
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Most of the times I have ideas or get inspiration while sleeping and dreaming Ò.o
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
06.11.2007 - 07:15
ASiema113
It varies so I couldn't exactly put it into a vote, sometimes I hear some amazing riff in my head about one second before I'm going to sleep and most of the time I don't try to play it out but I'm quite pleased with myself when I get the chance to do so. And at other times it's a few minutes after I've woken up if not at the exact moment when I still can't open my eyes but my mind keeps kranking out the tunes.

But I think AnGina says it best, it depends on you.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
06.11.2007 - 10:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i´m waking up late and going to bed late too...and during the day i have school, trainings and so on...so definitely more time for being creative during evening and sometimes even late night
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

06.11.2007 - 22:20
juanopereira
I think during the night your mind is more clear of toughts and without the preocupations of the day, so you can focus more in what you are doing.
07.11.2007 - 14:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by ASiema113 on 06.11.2007 at 07:15

It varies so I couldn't exactly put it into a vote, sometimes I hear some amazing riff in my head about one second before I'm going to sleep and most of the time I don't try to play it out but I'm quite pleased with myself when I get the chance to do so. And at other times it's a few minutes after I've woken up if not at the exact moment when I still can't open my eyes but my mind keeps kranking out the tunes.

But I think AnGina says it best, it depends on you.

Yes I think I agree with both of you in the end. Its about us. Although the other factors may interfere in the process, for example if you work at night and only have mornings to write or to play. But you might have an idea when your working anyway even if you only work on it later.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.11.2007 - 08:30
Oracle
Orcinus
Ive found that im much more creative during the night because im more focused on what i am doing and i during the day i do different things. when im creating something at night my mind works better because i can think better.
12.12.2007 - 10:21
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
For the past 3 nights I have been completely and totally nocturnal. I didn't wake up to see daylight today, and that fucking sucks. I need a job bad.
12.12.2007 - 21:46
Lord TJ
I tend to think of things more and have more ideas for things during the night. I think thats because during the night im not running around trying to make use of my time.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
12.12.2007 - 23:08
king omega
Account deleted
I also think more clearly during the night, it is probobly because of the darkness and unless something is really worring/bothering me I am more relaxed then I am during the day.

It is probobly because I am less active during the day.
13.12.2007 - 01:37
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
i can't get a thing done during the day. whenever i've had projects to hand in or work that needs doing i work until it's done or until i can't focus any more and that's usually from 7pm til something like 4am at the latest but i find it mucyh easier to concentrate at night. i like the quietness of it and the bright lights of the day are far too distracting.
14.12.2007 - 15:53
FOOCK Nam
Night, no doubt, quiet, tranquillity, calm, charm. I wish night lasted forever for me. Im more active in night. So my votes goes for night.
03.01.2008 - 15:30
>Lymny<
Account deleted
definitely during the night, when everything is quiet, calm, and kinda cold.. mostly around midnight. I just don't have any inspiration during the day, it's been always like that
31.01.2008 - 03:08
Ascalon
Written by Ascalon on 31.01.2008 at 03:07

It's the fact of being alone, and a quiet atmosphere, where the only thing you can find it's yourself and your creativity. Maybe that's why in the night, some people is more productive.
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
31.01.2008 - 18:47
selken
Irreligious
Written by Guest on 03.01.2008 at 15:30

definitely during the night, when everything is quiet, calm, and kinda cold.. mostly around midnight. I just don't have any inspiration during the day, it's been always like that

+1
during day there are sounds over here, sounds over there, in order to create something with your feelings you must stay focused, since the voice of the heart is so soft...
----
10.03.2008 - 01:31
Ragana
Rawrcat
during the night, because everyone sleeps but I draw/make something nice.
10.03.2008 - 05:42
Evil Chip
Night.. you face yourself alone and theres no one to talk to but yourself. The darkness, loneliness and the quiet ambient inspires a lot.
10.03.2008 - 14:05
Hangar XVIII
I get ideas randomly, but usually at night.
Then I make stuff out of them at day, since I work better with light.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
29.03.2008 - 04:57
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Lately it doesn't mater if it's noight or day, as long as I'm in the Metro.
As weird as it may seem.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
29.03.2008 - 14:37
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I have actually been more creative during the day, it just happens to be that way lately.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.03.2008 - 19:37
Hamird
Lieutenant
eh. i don't know my creation abillity time, but i think that people are more emotional at night... so for some arts like paiting and writing a lytics which needs emotion, night is better...
30.03.2008 - 23:07
owl
I've always been more creative during night time. When I was in college, I used to study and work on assignments by night, while the house was silent and quiet and there was no one awake to disturb me. That proved to be very productive.
Unfortunately since I started working, no more nights awake for me. I sense my creativity levels have dropped drastically.
----
31.03.2008 - 00:02
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by owl on 30.03.2008 at 23:07

I've always been more creative during night time. When I was in college, I used to study and work on assignments by night, while the house was silent and quiet and there was no one awake to disturb me. That proved to be very productive.
Unfortunately since I started working, no more nights awake for me. I sense my creativity levels have dropped drastically.

Well you're an owl... it's pretty obvious you are more creative at night
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!