Metal Storm logo
More creative during the day or during the night?

Original post

Posted by BloodTears, 10.04.2007 - 13:11
I was wondering if there is a specific pattern in your artistic productions, i mean if you have a certain period where you tend to be more inspired or with that urge to write/paint/play (whatever it is your artistic release). I just thought it would be interesting to know. In my case, for instance, is usually during the night that I tend to write more.

Share your thoughts on this please

Poll

When are you usually more creative?

during the night/evening
during the day

Total votes: 141
19.06.2008 - 15:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by BloodTears on 19.06.2008 at 15:01

Its a choice. I do, I find it very freeing, in a way, to release all the anger or love or what feeling it might be.

I cant do it no metter what, i cant express in paper what i think about person what I like or love
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.06.2008 - 15:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Bad English on 19.06.2008 at 15:21

Written by BloodTears on 19.06.2008 at 15:01

Its a choice. I do, I find it very freeing, in a way, to release all the anger or love or what feeling it might be.

I cant do it no metter what, i cant express in paper what i think about person what I like or love

We all have things we can't write about even if we want to.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.06.2008 - 18:25
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 15.05.2008 at 17:13

I also tend to be more creative when I'm with someone... I mean.. like a GF.
What can I say... Women inspire me.
I'm a worthless romantic.

i didn exam the words that i like to say but i think this way cause i saw and read somthin about it ...
i think men will be creative when they r with a prostitute or somthin! i dont know why it happens but its like that i think!
but its so hard for me to understand how can u be creative with ur GF, maybe ur thoughts r a little different with me! for example i love depression sometimes but with a GF u cant be Depressive. so plz explain ursef.
19.06.2008 - 21:35
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by BloodTears on 19.06.2008 at 14:31

And you must write about your "muse", I think that is a common thing to do.

Very common. Probably that's why I dont' write or draw much when I'm alone.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
19.06.2008 - 23:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 19.06.2008 at 21:35

Written by BloodTears on 19.06.2008 at 14:31

And you must write about your "muse", I think that is a common thing to do.

Very common. Probably that's why I dont' write or draw much when I'm alone.

No I write when Im alobne, it helps em more, lolynass and nature werry helsp me how other people, i can talk about art, poetry vut cant analize it when im whit people, specely girl, my mind are ....
----

apos;'
[image]
25.09.2008 - 18:31
Agitatore
Account deleted
Hi guys, hope this grave-digger (aka m-e) ain't disturb the silence here

Night-time sharpens, heightens each sensation
Darkness wakes and stirs imagination
Silently the senses abandon their defences
helpless to resist the notes I write
for I compose the music of the night

My fav part from the Opera's Phantom. It does in some way testify the results above huh?

Regarding the nocturnal-habit, let's consider the following, kinda personal ideas of mine, won't you?

1/ Inspiration flows in any time (which some in this thread have mentioned), but at night, we seem to be in greater control of our time, right? Especially when we're already into some sort of career, it's not easy at all jotting down the ideas and taking in the orders at the same time. When we study, it's unlikely that we're well given a lot lot of time pondering some matters only for ourselves, then?

2/ Staying up late at night tends to be over-spreading across the youngsters, with internet at hands. Can it be viewed as another factor that keeps us linger a little bit ... longer at night? To write, to search info, to read online... I think it's obvious for my own case.

3/ In case we gain our ideas listening to metal or something a little more weird, it's really better, methinks, being left alone. They ain't leave us alone unless we spare them some .. peace hehe

PS: Likely my debut post here, hope it'd be well received here. Hail to you all!
25.09.2008 - 20:15
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
walking (bike works too ) alone in scilent darkness while listening to Metal ---> night
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
29.09.2008 - 21:39
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Guest on 25.09.2008 at 18:31

My fav part from the Opera's Phantom. It does in some way testify the results above huh?

Regarding the nocturnal-habit, let's consider the following, kinda personal ideas of mine, won't you?

1/ Inspiration flows in any time (which some in this thread have mentioned), but at night, we seem to be in greater control of our time, right? Especially when we're already into some sort of career, it's not easy at all jotting down the ideas and taking in the orders at the same time. When we study, it's unlikely that we're well given a lot lot of time pondering some matters only for ourselves, then?

2/ Staying up late at night tends to be over-spreading across the youngsters, with internet at hands. Can it be viewed as another factor that keeps us linger a little bit ... longer at night? To write, to search info, to read online... I think it's obvious for my own case.

3/ In case we gain our ideas listening to metal or something a little more weird, it's really better, methinks, being left alone. They ain't leave us alone unless we spare them some .. peace hehe

PS: Likely my debut post here, hope it'd be well received here. Hail to you all!

Interesting post. Keep up the good work
----

My Instagram
11.10.2008 - 03:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
the only exception to the day or night rule is if alcohol or psychedelic drugs are ingested. then everything is void.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
12.10.2008 - 02:40
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Well as an Architecture student I only really have time to work during the night and usually work for about 3 days without sleep. And the best times to design is late at night when I play my music real loud (think neighbours are too scared to tell me im pissing them off lol) and I dont have other disturbances
29.10.2008 - 10:20
belisarius
It really doesn't matter to me. it's just out of nothing i get an idea and i write it down somewhere.
----
I am a God in the deepest corner of my mind
30.10.2008 - 01:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by LeChron James on 11.10.2008 at 03:46

the only exception to the day or night rule is if alcohol or psychedelic drugs are ingested. then everything is void.

Nut in litle doses not huge, one beer bottle its good for creating but 2 its ruin all, it was lile example , but it depends how big addiction you have an dif its to huge you can lost all
----

apos;'
[image]
30.10.2008 - 01:33
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Bad English on 30.10.2008 at 01:21

Written by LeChron James on 11.10.2008 at 03:46

Nut in litle doses not huge, one beer bottle its good for creating but 2 its ruin all, it was lile example , but it depends how big addiction you have an dif its to huge you can lost all

yeah too much booze ruins creativity. 2 or 3 is usually my limit if i actually have things to do or school to attend. but if i smoke a lot of pot, then my creativity in terms of writing essays skyrockets.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.11.2008 - 11:45
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...idk why but i rarely do it during the day...hmm in fact i think there has been only 2 or 3 times, and it had something big pushing me to do it...maybe at night is better because it's usually quite around here, just the music and me lol...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
13.02.2009 - 06:15
Rotten-Corpse
Account deleted
I hate the day... there's a lot of living people and hapiness around... :/

In the night, the 90% of the people is dead, there's silence in the city, and you can do everything you want.
The world is yours. That's why i sleep in the day and live in the night.
13.02.2009 - 12:09
Sigyn
miaregine.com
Written by BloodTears on 29.09.2008 at 21:39

Written by Guest on 25.09.2008 at 18:31

Interesting post. Keep up the good work

Absolutely an interesting post!

Me: Night.. No doubt.

Sometimes I have to get up in the middle of the night and edit a photo or paint something. I like the silence.. I wish there were more hours in a day :p
----
www.miaregine.com

Delirium and Delight
13.02.2009 - 13:32
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Sigyn on 13.02.2009 at 12:09

Sometimes I have to get up in the middle of the night and edit a photo or paint something. I like the silence.. I wish there were more hours in a day :p

Aye, like... 32h. I wouldn't mind.

Anyway, I'm 100% a night person. Yesterday I couldn't start to do anything I should (except surfing on internet/watching tv), but at night I got the inspiration to do my big homework. Well, after few hours I finished it. But the bad thing - I've slept about three hours tonight, again. (luckily, today my whole class slept in lessons )
Oh, and in nights I love to draw / do something with the photos too. Dunno why.
13.02.2009 - 13:44
Sigyn
miaregine.com
Written by Ragana on 13.02.2009 at 13:32

Written by Sigyn on 13.02.2009 at 12:09

Aye, like... 32h. I wouldn't mind.

Anyway, I'm 100% a night person. Yesterday I couldn't start to do anything I should (except surfing on internet/watching tv), but at night I got the inspiration to do my big homework. Well, after few hours I finished it. But the bad thing - I've slept about three hours tonight, again. (luckily, today my whole class slept in lessons )
Oh, and in nights I love to draw / do something with the photos too. Dunno why.

Hehe... 32h would be perfect! :-D
----
www.miaregine.com

Delirium and Delight
13.02.2009 - 14:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
I haven't been inspired lately. That might be explained by the fact that I haven't read much poetry lately, I need to read theory books now.

When I read less, it seems like the inspiration doesn't come as easily.

The last poem I wrote was like 2 weeks ago.
----

My Instagram
13.02.2009 - 21:13
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
During the night. During the day
Either way it comes and goes.
Maybe I'll wake up with lines in my mind for a poem. But usually Im too lazy to write it down and I end up forgetting haha.
18.02.2009 - 22:29
ms68
There are a lot of owls here, like me
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
18.02.2009 - 22:37
ms68
When u sleep at evening and do your work (all kind: art, study,.......) around 2:00 to 7:00 AM you will take best consequence. it's experiense. however it depends on person. this experiense concluded from dark mind persons.
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
04.04.2009 - 08:39
TormentoR.
Night, my best drawings come at night,, mostly about 3 to 5 in morning
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
06.04.2009 - 19:39
Hellkommando
I've always been a night person, through my whole under graduate degree I did all my assignments and study at night and in the early hours of the morning. Same goes for my current post graduate studies, its 2:39am and I've just finished doing some writing.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
02.03.2010 - 04:16
whatsacow
Around about 12, 1am is my creative peak. things just come to me then
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
08.03.2010 - 12:52
Oracle
Orcinus
I seem to be more creative during the night rather than day, because at night I'm more relaxed and i do my best thinking at that time
09.03.2010 - 13:40
Roro
Neither
my brilliant ideas rush in while i am sleeping.. i become a Genius
09.03.2010 - 19:55
DragonQueen
I get creative when I least expect..usually when I have nothing to work with, no pencils or colours or anything.. night has it's power, I have more ideas than during day.. probably also the same reason as you said Oracle, we get more relaxed..
----
Nothing is trivial...
11.03.2010 - 22:31
Don Martin
le fu-
During the day, I playstation 'til my eyes turn red or read books 'til they run dry, but past 8 'o clock or so I start drawing like a fucking Rembrandt on speed... My mom always says that I should do that during the day but apparently there's more people like me since only 9 out 95 voted "during the day".
----
What a tackastrophe!
20.10.2010 - 14:20
Gorgon
For coming up with ideas, there is no pattern. It can be day or night.

For working though, I do very detailed work so I need to see what I am doing, for this daylight (not direct sunlight) is best.