Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody - Announce 20th Anniversary Reunion Farewell Tour

Fabio Lione, Luca Turilli, Dominique Leurquin, Patrice Guers and Alex Holzwarth have just announced the reunion of the original members of Rhapsody, and the farewell tour of the band. The Italian band Rhapsody, one of the icons of symphonic power metal, will gather together to commemorate the 20th anniversary of their first official release, playing their album Symphony Of Enchanted Lands in full, as well as other classics of the band. No-one should miss it as this will be the only and last chance to see the band performing on stage together.

Since its consecration in 1997 with the album Legendary Tales, Rhapsody has become a worldwide awarded band thanks to its unique, epic and orchestral sound. Rhapsody's main influences also include classical composers such as Vivaldi, Bach, Beethoven, Paganini and many others (the song "The Wizard's Last Rhymes" from Rain Of A Thousand Flames, for example, is based on Antonín Dvořák's "New World Symphony"). The 20th Anniversary Farewell Tour will represent a last chance for everyone to feel part of that wonderful magic once again. Luca, Fabio, Patrice, Dominique and Alex will celebrate such important and historical event with and for their amazing fans!

Luca Turilli states: "I am really super excited to be part of this unique and special event together with Fabio and my other friends. The fact of playing legendary songs like 'Wings Of Destiny', 'Beyond The Gates Of Infinity' and 'The Dark Tower Of Abyss', never played on stage before, will be the best way to celebrate the 20th Anniversary and a great reason to meet together for a very last time. This farewell tour represents for me the closing of one important chapter of my music career, as in the future I will dedicate myself to the cinematic music style of my new Luca Turilli's Rhapsody band and to other important projects exclusively. Don't miss such amazing event. It will be the last time you will be able to see me, Fabio and Alex Holzwarth together on stage playing some Rhapsody songs. We wait for all of you to share some wonderful emotions and live together some memorable nights!"

Fabio Lione continues: "'Magic'... this is what I always wanted to find in music... and when I think about this great and unique opportunity to be again on stage with Luca, Holzy, Dominique, Patrice and celebrate with them the 20th Anniversary of the band... well... I can say this is truly 'magic'! What an emotional moment remembering our great friend Christopher Lee, our stories, our feelings. After many years and things happened, I feel the time is right now... the time to close this important chapter of my artistic life in the best way, with my old friends, and share such 'magic' once again. We will celebrate 20 years of band history with all of you, beloved fans, in an unforgettable and glorious 'last time party'. Be part of it!"

Source: ltrhapsody.com
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 21.11.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 231 users
21.11.2016 - 19:17
DieH@rd

Mah gawd. This needs to be filmed.

[knowing Luca, he will insist it to be filmed and mastered in 8K 120fps 12bit 15000nits HDR with ATMOS]
----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-
21.11.2016 - 19:46
Danyael

Written by DieH@rd on 21.11.2016 at 19:17

Mah gawd. This needs to be filmed.

[knowing Luca, he will insist it to be filmed and mastered in 8K 120fps 12bit 15000nits HDR with ATMOS]

Haha, well done!

Though it got me thinking... sometime in the future we may actually be laughing at this. Who needs more than 640K of RAM, right?
21.11.2016 - 20:19
breno

Rhapsody of fire is dead
21.11.2016 - 20:58
Engineer2110

Waaaiit. They didn't mention Alex Staropoli. Which Rhapsody are we talking about ? Rhapsody of Magic ?
21.11.2016 - 22:25
DieH@rd

Written by Engineer2110 on 21.11.2016 at 20:58

Waaaiit. They didn't mention Alex Staropoli. Which Rhapsody are we talking about ?

The only Rhapsody that matters. Luca + Fabio.
----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-
21.11.2016 - 23:14
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Written by DieH@rd on 21.11.2016 at 22:25

Written by Engineer2110 on 21.11.2016 at 20:58

Waaaiit. They didn't mention Alex Staropoli. Which Rhapsody are we talking about ?

The only Rhapsody that matters. Luca + Fabio.

The thing is, if you check the credits of all Rhapsody album you'll see "All songs written by Luca Turilli & Alex Staropoli".
Fabio had little influence in composition.
I guess he's not part of the reunion due to health issues or possibly bad blood between them.
If this tour goes through Portugal i'll be there anyway.

P.s. it's about time to end this band. I think they should've ended with SoEL part II.
22.11.2016 - 00:05
IcePickLodger

If this is true, why the hell are the three guys in the upper left picture in such a good mood?
22.11.2016 - 00:36
Vombatus
Potorro
Stopped caring for power metal long ago, but this or the Helloween tour I wouldn't mind to see for nostalgia reasons. Played the shit out Symphony Of Enchanted Lands and Keeper of the Seven Keys back in the days. Good times
22.11.2016 - 12:15
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by IcePickLodger on 22.11.2016 at 00:05

If this is true, why the hell are the three guys in the upper left picture in such a good mood?

It is official. Now it's just a matter of them announcing the shows.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.11.2016 - 03:58
mikeprado30

Written by IcePickLodger on 22.11.2016 at 00:05

Those ones are apart of this circus.

Even Roby de Micheli posted in his FB about this situation.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!

Hits total: 5327 | This month: 5