Metal Storm logo
Ayreon - Best Of Live Shows Announced, Arjen To Perform

Ayreon live shows? That's right, it's happening! In 2017, Ayreon is going to be live on stage in a full-on rock show extravaganza. It's two nights only, on the 15th and 16th of September 2017 at 013 in Tilburg, The Netherlands. The show is called Ayreon Universe and will feature songs from all Ayreon albums (including from the upcoming release on Mascot Label Group), plus a few fan favorites from Star One. And tons of special guests! Arjen will make a special appearance performing live on stage.

Ayreon Universe is Ayreon live in concert for the first time ever, organized and arranged by Arjen A. Lucassen and Joost van den Broek. There will be no less than 16 original Ayreon singers including backing vocals, as well as a hand-picked band of 8 of the best instrumentalists. Arjen will be performing as well. He is not a fixed member of the Ayreon Universe band, but will be bringing his guitar along and will join the band on stage for a bit during the show.

Line up for the show: Floor Jansen (Nightwish), Russell Allen (Symphony X), Damian Wilson (Threshold), Hansi Kursch (Blind Guardian), Tommy Karevik (Kamelot), Marco Hietala (Nightwish), Jonas Renkse (Katatonia), Mike Mills (Toehider), Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gentle Storm), Marcela Bovio (Stream Of Passion), Irene Jansen, Robert Soeterboek (Star One), Edward Reekers (Kayak), Jan van Feggelen, Magali Luyten (Nightmare) and Lisette Marije (Scarlet Stories).

The Ayreon Universe Band, hand picked by Arjen himself, includes Ed Warby (drums), Johan van Stratum (bass), Marcel Coenen (lead guitar), Ferry Duijsens (guitar), Joost van den Broek (keyboards), Ben Mathot (violin), Jeroen Goossens (flutes, woodwinds) and Maaike Peterse (cello).

The general ticket sales for both shows will start on Thursday, November 24th at 10:00 AM CET. Find all the ticket info and more on the website of the event.

2017 will be an exciting year for Arjen Lucassen with a new Ayreon album to be released and his first Ayreon live shows ever with Ayreon Universe. In contrast to The Theater Equation, Ayreon Universe is fully organized and arranged by Arjen Lucassen personally.

Source: arjenlucassen.com
Band profile: Ayreon
Posted: 22.11.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 89 users
22.11.2016 - 17:38
Kais

And hello to you too, Sept 15th-16th.
22.11.2016 - 20:07
indexqwest

Great!
22.11.2016 - 21:35
IcePickLodger

Fantastic!
23.11.2016 - 03:25
TonyMartinson

Hope there is a DVD because I cant afford to fly to the Netherlands and I love watching the Theatre Equation DVD!
23.11.2016 - 18:12
Opethian

That's amazing! Wish I could fly out to the Netherlands for this show. Nothing less than spectacular I'm sure
24.11.2016 - 15:56
AljanahLyra

Written by TonyMartinson on 23.11.2016 at 03:25

Hope there is a DVD because I cant afford to fly to the Netherlands and I love watching the Theatre Equation DVD!

There will be. Arjen, confirmed it on Facebook ^^
----
"I'm not going to fuck you Carmilla, I'm too pissed off."
~Godbrand, Castlevania~
20.01.2017 - 17:55
MelancholiaC

Why are all the best unique shows at 013 Tilburg, if I could just live there... I'd sleep in a box under the stage

Hits total: 2534 | This month: 4