Metal Storm logo
Carach Angren - In The Studio, Recording New Album

Back in 2015, Dutch black metal extremists Carach Angren released their last album, This Is No Fairytale. However, there are new sounds being forged in the studio. Recently, the band shared a picture from the Tidalwave Studio where they are recording guitars for their new album. Previously, they were also in the Abyss Studio.

How excited are you for a new Carach Angren record?

Shared by the band

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Carach Angren
Posted: 10.12.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 68 users
10.12.2016 - 14:41
serega25
Good!!!!:banger:
10.12.2016 - 16:46
zikon
The last album was pretty neat, looking forward on hearing more about these spooky dudes.
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
10.12.2016 - 16:47
Isalith
I hope it's going to be a return to form. Their last two albums were basically overproduced garbage.
10.12.2016 - 22:18
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Isalith on 10.12.2016 at 16:47

I hope it's going to be a return to form. Their last two albums were basically overproduced garbage.

Whoa, I personally thought "Where the Corpses" had a few highlight tracks - Funerary Dirge alone is a fantastic song - but I'd concede that as an overall concept album it wasn't on par with Lammendem or Death Came Through.

As for their last album... I just couldn't get past the lyrics on the last album, was way too tacky for me to even partially enjoy it.

But yeah, hoping they go back to their roots and give us another kick ass album.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
11.12.2016 - 02:14
Litvin
He last one was pretty weak. They might need to bring any of these violin guys back.
11.12.2016 - 04:30
tibosax
And please, come up with some decent lyrics for a change.
13.12.2016 - 02:13
WinterMadness
The last album was kinda cheesy if you weren't in the right mood to immerse yourself in it, but When Crows Tick On Windows was one of the most powerful songs I've heard in a long time. That climax brought me to tears the first time I listened to it.

But yeah, I'd love for something more along the lines of Lammendam...I fell in love with them via The Carriage Wheel Murders and they can only stray so far from that before I'll give up on them.

Hits total: 1956 | This month: 8