Metal Storm logo
Accept - Working On New Album, Out Next Summer

Accept guitarist Wolf Hoffmann recently spoke to Metal Shock Finland about the band's upcoming follow-up to 2014's Blind Rage, which is tentatively due for release in the summer of 2017, and marks the fourth time the band has worked with producer Andy Sneap.

On the album's recording sessions, Hoffmann said: "This is the fourth time in a row with the same producer. It's a world record for Accept, for sure. We have no reason to even think about [using] anybody else, because every time [Andy and we] work together, it turns out fantastic. We love what the final result is and we have a great working relationship, so why change it if it works, right?"

On the album's musical direction, he said: "There's not a whole lot to say quite yet, because we're in the middle of it. The only thing I can tell you is that it feels as Accept as ever. It feels maybe a slightly bit heavier for now, but, you know, these things are always hard to say while you're in the middle of it. You never really know until after the album's been released and a little time went by; then you can have an objective idea about the album. Man, it's gonna sound like Accept as always. There's not gonna be any weird surprises ? we're not gonna go soft, we're not gonna go jazz, there's no left or right [turns musically]. We're really just trying to get better at what we already do."

Hoffmann was also asked when the new album will be released. He replied: "We're trying our best to get it done in time for next year, July or August release. The idea is we're gonna finish this three-month run with Sabaton [in Europe] and then jump right back into the studio, finish the stuff. We've got a bunch of basic tracks done, a lot of vocals are done, so we're looking pretty good at this point."

On January 13th, the band will also release the live package Restless And Live.

Source: metalshockfinland.com
Band profile: Accept
Posted: 12.12.2016 by Metal God

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 49 users
12.12.2016 - 12:36
Kais

I'm interested by this.
12.12.2016 - 14:06
zikon

I guess I'll have to accept this.
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
20.12.2016 - 21:37
Cass

I believe it may be another good Accept album.

Hits total: 1458 | This month: 3