Metal Storm logo
Sanctuary - To Release Debut Prequel 'Inception'

Century Media Records and U.S. metal act Sanctuary have set February 24th, 2017 as the release date of Inception, the official prequel to 1988's classic debut Refuge Denied. It contains presumed lost 1986 studio recordings, which guitarist Lenny Rutledge discovered recently and which were magically restored, remixed and remastered by Zeuss (Queensrÿche, Hatebreed). Watch the first trailer for this release below.

Guitarist Lenny Rutledge comments: "I found the masters in my barn. The second floor of the barn is on top of our current recording studio and is very rough and open to the elements. The ground level is where we recorded the bulk of The Year The Sun Died. We found the masters in an unknown box in the barn, full of water and just wasting away."

Recorded in March of 1986 ("Soldiers Of Steel", "Battle Angels") at Triad Studios in Redmond, Washington and Studio One in White Center between April and July 1986, Inception offers such previously unreleased highlights as "Dream Of The Incubus" and "I Am Insane" as well as several classic Refuge Denied songs.

Apart from being expanded by art courtesy of Ed Repka, Inception is filled to the brim with tons of rare photos, flyers, early art designs, sketches plus detailed liner notes allowing you to delve deep into the band's history. It will be released as gatefold LP on 180 gram black and limited colored vinyl, includes an extensive LP-size booklet, poster, and the album on CD as additional extra. Apart from that, it will be available as special edition CD digipak and digital album.

Lenny concludes: "For me personally, I just wanted fans to be able to hear proper versions of the demos. They had a certain energy that was captured during the early days, maybe even more so than Refuge Denied. It's no secret that you can find these on the internet but the quality is horrible. I think most people are under the impression that these are remastered or re-recorded versions of 'Refuge...', but this is all a prequel!"

Tracklist:
01. Dream Of The Incubus
02. Die For My Sins
03. Soldiers Of Steel
04. Death Rider / Third War
05. White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane cover)
06. Ascension To Destiny
07. Battle Angels
08. I Am Insane
09. Veil Of Disguise

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Sanctuary
Posted: 13.12.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 13 users
14.12.2016 - 16:02
Sangre Sani