Metal Storm logo
Rhapsody - First 20th Anniversary Reunion Shows Announced

Reunited symphonic power metal band Rhapsody will tour Latin America this spring as part of their 20th Anniversary Farewell Tour. Fabio Lione, Luca Turilli, Dominique Leurquin, Patrice Guers and Alex Holzwarth will perform their album Symphony Of Enchanted Lands in full, as well as other classics of the band and some songs rarely played on stage. The band has also announced a few European festival appearances.

Luca Turilli cannot hide his enthusiasm for the upcoming reunion tour: "The one of next year will be surely the most important Latin American tour of my life. I have the shivers while thinking that for a last time Fabio, I and my other friends, will play some old glorious classics like 'Emerald Sword' on stage together. Be all part of such new epic ride to the valleys of the enchanted lands and prepare yourselves to live an emotional event like no others!"

Fabio Lione adds: "The future shows in Latin America will remain carved in our hearts and soul forever. Rhapsody's magic will fill the air in a special way when the first notes of 'Epicus Furor' will start echoing between the walls of every hall and the words of Christopher Lee will announce our last stage entrance together. Be ready to share such magic with all of us. We wait for you!"

Photo by Annalisa Russo

20th Anniversary Latin American Tour:

30/04/ MEX - Mexico City, Circo Volador
05/05/ CHI - Santiago, Teatro Caupolican
07/05/ BRA - São Paulo, Tom Brasil
10/05/ BRA - Porto Alegre, Opinião Bar
13/05/ BRA - Belo Horizonte, Music Hall
14/05/ ARG - Buenos Aires, El Teatro Flores

Festivals:

2017-06-07 - Sölvesborg (Sweden Rock Festival) - SWE
2017-06-16 - Dessel (Graspop Metal Meeting) - BEL
2017-08-09 - Villena (Leyendas Del Rock) - ESP
2017-08-11 - Vagos (Vagos Open Air) - POR

More dates will be announced! Find more updates here.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Rhapsody
Posted: 18.12.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 153 users
18.12.2016 - 13:22
Sword_Chant

No UK shows?
18.12.2016 - 15:02
fandango68

Written by Sword_Chant on 18.12.2016 at 13:22

No UK shows?

I know, and I'd been hoping they'd come to the Courtyard in Hereford....
----
First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
18.12.2016 - 18:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Re uniting must be special if it happens in Europe and USA... S A is not so important in metal map for special shows
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.12.2016 - 18:51
zikon

Burrito. Taco taco. Burrito. Taco. Taco taco.
Don't think just because I got a lot of money,
I'll give you taco-flavored kisses, honey.
Fulfill all your wishes
with my taco-flavored kisses
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
18.12.2016 - 21:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Bad English on 18.12.2016 at 18:10

Re uniting must be special if it happens in Europe and USA... S A is not so important in metal map for special shows

Latin American crowds are some of the best though. That's why bands like to play there.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
18.12.2016 - 21:51
farfaramir

Written by Bad English on 18.12.2016 at 18:10

That was true some years ago. Now, metal bands love to go to South America.
18.12.2016 - 21:51
Lysion

And what kind of reunion is this? They are playing SoEL, but only two out of the five members in this "reunion"-setup recorded that album. And the album is packed full with keyboard parts and Staropoli isn't even with them. I like both Rhapsody of today but this reunion just smells...

Naah, come back in a few years with a true reuniontour instead.
18.12.2016 - 21:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Its betrayel to home fans and home area, metals till most money comes from Europe, festivals, gigs,
L America 10 gigs maybe, expenses, Europe, get cheep driver , fix visa and work permit for UK (soon) and play 30 gigs here sold out
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.12.2016 - 12:31
Kais

It seems the band was aching to continue without Staropoli. They ever released a post with the title "RHAPSODY ARE BACK!". There must've been a conflict with Staropoli.
23.12.2016 - 04:35
mikeprado30

Written by Kais on 19.12.2016 at 12:31

It seems the band was aching to continue without Staropoli. They ever released a post with the title "RHAPSODY ARE BACK!". There must've been a conflict with Staropoli.

Well, Alex said he wouldn't be part of this tour cause he want to be 100% focused with "of Fire".
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!

Hits total: 3291 | This month: 6