Metal Storm logo
Mayhem - 'De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas Alive' Streaming In Full

Norwegian black metal icons Mayhem are commemorating the release of their 1994 landmark debut album, De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. In order to do that, the band has self-released De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas Alive. Captured live in Norrköping, Sweden last year during the band's headlining set at the Black Christmass Festival, the show marked Mayhem's first time ever playing the album in full. You can now stream the entire De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas Alive release here.

De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas Alive was recorded, mixed, and mastered by Tore Stjerna and NBS Audio and produced by vocalist Attila Csihar and guitarist Teloch with light production by Anne Weckstrom, stage design and production by Jonas Svensson, video recording by Thornfields Production and video editing by Tamàs Tarczi. The offering is available now on CD, LP, and DVD (the first 1000 copies are numbered) as well as digitally.

Mayhem will tour across North America next month performing De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas in its entirety. Set to commence on January 20th in Montreal, Quebec, the headlining tour will pillage its way through two-dozen cities, the trek coming to a close on February 19th in New York. Support will be provided by Black Anvil and Inquisition.

Source: earsplitcompound.com
Band profile: Mayhem
Posted: 22.12.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 107 users
22.12.2016 - 12:47
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Never understood the point of live albums. Studio version is always so much better
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
22.12.2016 - 12:58
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Karlabos on 22.12.2016 at 12:47

Never understood the point of live albums. Studio version is always so much better

I disagree. There are a decent handful of live albums that are better because the production of the studio album sucked ass (Urfaust live albums kick the shit out of the debut for example).
Also, if the concert in question is far in the future compared to the studio album, sometimes the technique is much more polished which brings the songs to a new height. Katatonias vocals have been improved constantly since Jonas started using clean vocals, comparing the vocals on Discouraged Ones (One of my fav albums though) with Live Consternation and the difference is clear.

Ideally, the live albums should sound different from the studio versions, otherwise there's no point in recording them. It's when the songs are different (a nice dose of improsivation can often be found in live albums) that it's cool to give those albums a spin.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.12.2016 - 13:41
Zap
A band playing their songs as a whole rather than recording every instrument separately, plus the energy of a live show can really bring the songs to a new level. This is the case with some live albums (thinking of AC/DC and Motörhead here whose best albums were live albums if you ask me) but definitely not all.
22.12.2016 - 14:39
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Written by Zap on 22.12.2016 at 13:41

A band playing their songs as a whole rather than recording every instrument separately, plus the energy of a live show can really bring the songs to a new level. This is the case with some live albums (thinking of AC/DC and Motörhead here whose best albums were live albums if you ask me) but definitely not all.

I've always thought that "Live After Death" was the best Iron Maiden album. Usually I don't care about live albums, but there are exceptions.
22.12.2016 - 16:30
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by X-Ray Rod on 22.12.2016 at 12:58

Written by Karlabos on 22.12.2016 at 12:47

I disagree. There are a decent handful of live albums that are better because the production of the studio album sucked ass (Urfaust live albums kick the shit out of the debut for example).
Also, if the concert in question is far in the future compared to the studio album, sometimes the technique is much more polished which brings the songs to a new height. Katatonias vocals have been improved constantly since Jonas started using clean vocals, comparing the vocals on Discouraged Ones (One of my fav albums though) with Live Consternation and the difference is clear.

Ideally, the live albums should sound different from the studio versions, otherwise there's no point in recording them. It's when the songs are different (a nice dose of improsivation can often be found in live albums) that it's cool to give those albums a spin.

Yep, but not just improvisation but also live sound. So many studio records are polished to death these days, but many times the live sound is kept as it is. Most recently Leprous's Live At the Rockefeller Hall - kicks ass.
----
22.12.2016 - 18:13
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Wish they played like this when I fucking saw them. But whatever.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
22.12.2016 - 19:05
Zap
Written by Daniell on 22.12.2016 at 14:39

I've always thought that "Live After Death" was the best Iron Maiden album. Usually I don't care about live albums, but there are exceptions.

Yep, some live albums get it completely wrong too though.

Listened to this one a while ago and it sounded quite good, but not interesting enough to buy.
22.12.2016 - 19:25
Gothmog_Motsham
My biggest regret was not catching this goddamn show live. My god what a performance... Oh and MEOW
22.12.2016 - 20:51
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
This is really excellent, it sounds much better than the original album.
22.12.2016 - 21:05
InnerSelf
proofread free
It sounds so good! I love that you can hear every little detail, every bass line is clear and the guitars sound cold (and grim) without getting buried in the mix. Oh, and Atilla's vocals on Life Eternal made me love the song even more than I already did.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
22.12.2016 - 22:32
IBlackened
I prefer when bands play just like in the album.
----
Their old stuff is better.

Hits total: 3679 | This month: 10