Metal Storm logo
Civil War - Singer Leaves The Band

Dalarna's favorite sons Civil War just lost their singer Nils Patrik Johansson. As the Metal Storm Awards approach, it seems like we have a little bit of drama. According to the band, the vocalist left all of a sudden and unexpectedly.

The band just revealed: "Good evening to you all! As some of you probably already noticed our vocalist Patrik suddenly left the band without any further notice. It came as a really big surprise to us all. We just had a meeting and we came to the conclusion that Civil War will go on, and all planned gigs and festivals will be done as planned! We'll take the holidays now to let all this sink in and then we'll start the hunt for a new singer after that. Best Regards / Myhr, Mullback, Rikard and Petrus! Stay tuned!"

Nils Patrik Johansson posted on his personal Facebook page: "Ok...to avoid misunderstandings: I have left CW! They need to tour more and I am not the guy for that due to my work and family situation. I have given them some of my best songs and almost 5 years of my life. I love them but all things have an end... I wish that they can get a new singer that can carry on my legacy and the spirit of Civil War. If no new singer can be found in time, I will of course do the booked shows if they want. I will now focus on Astral Doors and perhaps more important to make a follow up to Lion's Share's epic Dark Hours! Merry Christmas. PS: thanks also to Napalm for their good job. Michael Thiesen you rock."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Civil War
Posted: 22.12.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 99 users
22.12.2016 - 22:18
Liafev

That's a shame. This guys produce some very good music, but they part ways with a second very talented singer in 4 years.

Plus, that's quite ironic to see him leave du to too much shows when it's the very reason why these guys actually left Sabaton in 2012 ..

I hope they'll find a good replacement.
23.12.2016 - 01:08
parasite888

Written by Liafev on 22.12.2016 at 22:18

... they part ways with a second very talented singer in 4 years.

They've been around for 4 years only and Nils was the only singer as far as I know.
03.01.2017 - 01:04
Liafev

Written by parasite888 on 23.12.2016 at 01:08

Written by Liafev on 22.12.2016 at 22:18

... they part ways with a second very talented singer in 4 years.

They've been around for 4 years only and Nils was the only singer as far as I know.

Yep, but they used to play with Joakim in Sabaton, that's what I was referring to
10.01.2017 - 18:51
parasite888

Quote:
Yep, but they used to play with Joakim in Sabaton, that's what I was referring to

Okay, cheers mate

Hits total: 3577 | This month: 4