Metal Storm logo
Obscüre Delusion - Dark Ambient

Original post

Posted by CrypticMyth, 12.04.2007 - 23:29
Hey, if you're a fan of Dark Ambient music, I suggest you try out my one-man project, Obscüre Delusion.
I've recorded three songs, all of which are freely available for download here => http://www.podsafeaudio.com/jamroom/Obscure%20Delusion

Please do give feedback. Any type of criticism is welcome
14.05.2007 - 10:41
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Ok. Two more songs up and I think I'm just about ready to make a demo.

http://podsafeaudio.com/jamroom/bands/1550/
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
14.05.2007 - 17:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Cool! By the way, you should ask some official MS reviewer to write a review about this stuff.

The new stuff is also cool. I'll definitely buy a copy of that demo.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.05.2007 - 18:15
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^Good idea!
Thanks for listening man! I'm really glad you liked it...
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
14.05.2007 - 18:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Hehe, the pleasure is all mine.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.05.2007 - 00:15
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Oh naughty me .
I downloaded the new tracks this morning and then didn't write int this thread.

I like both the new tracks - put my name down for a demo too.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
16.05.2007 - 12:42
Judas
The Amputator
You've done well with the two new tracks as well, most commendable! I'm jumping on the bandwagon and demanding a demo too!

I totally agree with Nervel's suggestion that you should get an official reviewer to take a look at this. Keep it up!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
16.05.2007 - 17:21
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^Thanks y'all! Real glad that you liked it. I'm too tied up at the moment to make a demo, but it shall be done. And thanks to KryptoN: http://www.last.fm/music/Obsc%C3%BCre+Delusion/A+Bleak+Yet+Brazen+Future

----
17.05.2007 - 02:26
KryptoN
imperceptible
Awesome. I'll be sure to recommend it to some groups etc.
20.05.2007 - 19:20
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^Thanks man!
----
27.05.2007 - 18:53
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Ok, I'm having difficulty in knowing exactly HOW to make a demo. What bitrate I should use/how professional it should look(i.e. with cover art et all); So any help would be welcome

I PMed Zombie a while back. Looks like he's busy though :-/
----
28.05.2007 - 01:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
As for Zombie, he is currently moving out of his parents house. Yes, even Zombies have to leave their parents sooner or later. So don't take it personal.

Bitrate, maybe contact KryptoN? I think he knows something about that. I for sure don't.

And of course, make it as professional as possible!
----

28.05.2007 - 09:14
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^ Thanks.
Didn't know about Zombie though. Heh, I would've never take it personally. Zombie is one of the most reliable people here.

Well about the bitrate, I think I'll just use the 320 kbps versions of the songs and convert it into Audio CD Format.
----
28.05.2007 - 12:44
KryptoN
imperceptible
If you're gonna make an audio cd, I suggest using the highest bitrate possible. It's a good idea to archive lossless files of all of your work somewhere and use that file for all conversions to mp3, audio cd and whatever is needed. But if that 320 kbps version is the highest you got, then use that.
29.05.2007 - 14:32
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^Yeah 320 is the highest I got. I guess I'll be using that.
----
22.08.2007 - 18:53
Arcesse Eum

The Oracle has stuff similar to this, check out their rough mix of "Monolith: The Black Library" @ www.myspace.com/theoraclemusic
----
As above, so below.
15.09.2007 - 00:51
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Was listening to you stuff again today, very relaxing. Any news on it?
----

09.11.2007 - 23:30
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
No man. Sadly no record label I sent this to were interested. (I only sent it online) Haven't actually pressed anything to send it though. Will do that soon...
----
09.11.2007 - 23:33
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by CrypticMyth on 09.11.2007 at 23:30

No man. Sadly no record label I sent this to were interested. (I only sent it online) Haven't actually pressed anything to send it though. Will do that soon...

Keep me updated, I'm still interested.
----

15.12.2007 - 01:33
KryptoN
imperceptible
Written by CrypticMyth on 09.11.2007 at 23:30

You could try Monocromatica's netlabel Test Tube. This is of course if you're looking for promotion and not profit.

I'm thinking of sending some of my stuff there later and see if it gets accepted, hehe.