Metal Storm logo
Obscüre Delusion - Dark Ambient

12.04.2007 - 23:29
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Hey, if you're a fan of Dark Ambient music, I suggest you try out my one-man project, Obscüre Delusion.
I've recorded three songs, all of which are freely available for download here => http://www.podsafeaudio.com/jamroom/Obscure%20Delusion

Please do give feedback. Any type of criticism is welcome
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
13.04.2007 - 17:22
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Not so bad at all.

I wonder, how do you create this type of music?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.04.2007 - 23:21
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
A lot of it is done on my PSR Keyboard. Then I recorded it ambient(Acid Pro) and put it through to FL Studio...
Thanks for the feedback Nervel
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
14.04.2007 - 00:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
No problem. I find myself listening to non-metal a lot lately. This type of ambient, bands such as Death In June & Of The Wand And The Moon and stuff like Radiohead and Sigur Rós. I like it.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.04.2007 - 17:27
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Now if only more people tried it out
----
14.04.2007 - 22:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Yeah, that is the main problem with the 'Promotion And Adds' board. If you reach 15 posts in a single thread, you are a fucking hero! (And dialogues like these don't count. )

So, if you - yeah I am talking to you! - read this, hear me say: Go and listen to it!
----

15.04.2007 - 08:24
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^heh. Thanks man. Appreciate it
----
16.04.2007 - 21:53
delusionist
Hi there.

I found your music interesting, and original (at least compared to what I have heard). It was really relaxing to listen to your music.

Keep up the good work.

I had really high hopes for these forums (the promotion part of it), but I was surprised by the lack of people who come here. I hope these forums get more popular.
17.04.2007 - 12:25
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Written by delusionist on 16.04.2007 at 21:53

Hi there.

I found your music interesting, and original (at least compared to what I have heard). It was really relaxing to listen to your music.

Keep up the good work.

I had really high hopes for these forums (the promotion part of it), but I was surprised by the lack of people who come here. I hope these forums get more popular.

Hey. Thanks a lot for listening to the music and for giving feedback man! Really appreciate it.
----
18.04.2007 - 04:56
Zombie, M.D.
Pretty interesting stuff, I particularly liked 'Of Fallacies That Prey'. Keep up the good work.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
18.04.2007 - 11:16
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^Wow. Thanks a lot man. It really means a lot when someone like you found my stuff to be interesting
----
24.04.2007 - 05:09
Stigmatized
Ambient music isn't really my thing, but I like what you've made. The best way I know to describe it is "Serene, yet menacing", if that makes sense. Good work man, keep it up.

Oh, I took the time to tag Obscure Delusion as "dark ambient" on Last.fm as well.
25.04.2007 - 11:42
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I've started listenting to quite a bit of ambient music lately so this appeared at the right time :p

It's very good - quite calming.

lLet us know when you make more music .
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
25.04.2007 - 16:30
Valar
IndianSteel
Hey i have heard this before, hvnt I?
Awesomeness man
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
25.04.2007 - 20:19
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^Hey!!
Thanks for your time guys!
@Dreamofhate: Thanks a lot! I'll take 'Serene yet menacing' with open arms

@hanna: Definitely, will do

@Maulvik: Thanks man.
----
25.04.2007 - 20:23
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
6 replies. Not bad at all.
----
27.04.2007 - 14:27
KryptoN
imperceptible
I've listened to a lot of different kinds of ambient and I guess I'm a big fan of the genre. And I have to say this is pretty nice stuff man. The good thing about ambient is that even though, as a rule, it is musically very simple or even completely non-musical, to me it seems that if you take any artist/band it's different than the rest of them. And that's the case here too, I've never heard anything quite like this before. If I had to squeeze something in though, I'd say I can hear some (very) slight vibes that remind me of early Jääportit and the ambient work of Ah Cama-Sotz.

Anyways, good stuff. My favorite was "Demise of Reason." Keep it up.

P.S. I have to ask one thing though, since I'm a tag-nazi. Which one is the correct way to spell the name, "Obscure Delusion" or "Obscüre Delusion"? I'm guessing the ü version is correct?
02.05.2007 - 11:39
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Thanks for listening! I need experienced Ambient listeners like yourself to try out my stuff. Thanks! It's really appreciated. And yes, Obscüre Delusion, with the umalaut is the correct way to spell it.
The podsafe site wouldn't allow me to name the site that way, so I just kept the link without the umalaut. Thanks again!!
----
02.05.2007 - 15:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Haha, it's not hard to get a lot of posts in a thread if you post the same thing four times. j/k

Anyway, are there any plans of releasing a demo.. ?
----

06.05.2007 - 00:57
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^Heh..fixed!

Demo eh? Don't know yet... Let's see how things go, but there will definitely be more tracks made...
----
06.05.2007 - 14:08
Judas
The Amputator
Well, I've looked in this thread at the right time. Yesterday and today I've been looking for lots of Ambient type stuff, that's just been the mood for me, and I've just finished downloading your stuff, so I'll let you know how it is soon.

*post-listening*

Kaustubh man, you're pretty damn good at this. I'm so calm now, after listening to those three tracks, and you managed to pull it off without it becoming boring. Definitely a keeper for me. Let me know when you come out with more stuff!

P.S. I know a guy who is pretty switched on with all this stuff, and if you ever release a demo or something, he probably could hook you up with Australian distribution. So get writing!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
07.05.2007 - 21:57
Pinusar
Account deleted
I had wanted to listen to some ambient music for some time and now I got the opportunity(I wanted to listen to something calm and hypnotic). To be honest, all the three sounded quite the same to me but it might be because of my unfamiliarity to the genre. I liked it very much though, that's what I was looking for. I can say that the music flows like a river, you have done well, Cryptic Myth. If someone can recommend me any other ambient creations please do so, i am starting to like this
07.05.2007 - 22:04
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
@Judas: Thanks man! Right now I'm at my college hostel, so can't record any more songs just yet. But once I get back home(next week for the summer), I think I shall bloody well record a demo!
So ideally, how many songs should be on a demo?
----
08.05.2007 - 16:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Don't know how many songs, but inbetween 20-30 minutes would be good. More of course is also welcome, but you should watch out for +60 minutes. Then you really need to be amazing to pull it off. I mean, if you were a popartist you can do that, since all songs are individual. But since I see 'dark ambient' (and all sorts of atmospheric music) as 'journeys' I listen to full albums. And then +60 minutes can be very long..

Judging on the songs on your website I'll be the first to buy one, with autograph please.
----

09.05.2007 - 13:31
Judas
The Amputator
@Myth: I agree with Nervel, they're usually around 25min long in my experience, so for Ambient I'd be guessing around 4 or 5 tracks. A general suggestion: since the three tracks you've already made are getting a good reception, put them on the demo!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
11.05.2007 - 08:58
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^Aye. That was part of the plan actually. I'd just make around 2-3 tracks and couple them with these 3.
Thanks for the input guys!
----
11.05.2007 - 15:10
KryptoN
imperceptible
You might want to take a look at this: http://www.last.fm/uploadmusic/
11.05.2007 - 18:49
Zombie, M.D.
If you need help with distribution when your demo is done, drop me a message. I know a few places that would definitely be interested in stocking it, even if its just on CDRs.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
13.05.2007 - 13:01
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^Thanks a lot! Will let you know.

I'm currently looking at writing 2 more songs, and putting all 5 on a demo. Let's see how it goes.
----
13.05.2007 - 13:08
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
Written by Guest on 07.05.2007 at 21:57
If someone can recommend me any other ambient creations please do so, i am starting to like this

Do check out Shinjuku Thief, Raison d'Etre, Lustmord and Sanctum. Some of mt primary influences
----