Metal Storm logo
Mgla / Kriegsmaschine - with mp3s

13.04.2007 - 01:56
Damnated
Churchburner
The polish scene is bad. and overrated. that beeing said, i present you the two best bands from Poland* : Kriegsmaschine and Mgla.

Mgla was formed in 2000 by M and Darkside, but it took them 5 years to release something. they clearly didn't waste their time, because their debut material was on the exceptional Crushing The Holy Trinity split, among 5 other bands. in the next year the band released two fantastic EPs, Presence and Mdlosci. Their first full length is going to be released sometime this year. Mgla plays fast (not to be confused with norsecore) rock n rollish black metal , black'n'roll, with shreding vocals.

mp3s Presence II - taken from "Presence" mCD 2005 Mdlosci I - taken from "Mdlosci" EP 2006 and from the upcoming EP , Further down the nest , Further down the nest II. I believe that these are full songs. in any case the quality is good, 192 kbps.

Kriegsmaschine was formed in 2002, by the two members of Mgla. The first demo was released in the following year, and since then the torrent of hate never stopped (always wanted to say that ) They've released a split and another demo in that year, a demo and an EP in 2004, and a fantastic full length in 2005, entitled Altered States of Divinity. in the last year they've but out another split, this time with Szron. Kriegsmaschine plays religious black metal, somewhat similar to Deathspell Omega: choirs and chants are present here too. however the resemblance ends here, as Kriegsmaschine's music drifts into a somewhat progressive black metal : the tempo varies from slow to super fast (again, not to be confused with norsecore) . the drums are massive just like the vocals. the bass is also important. it's not just there to be there. it can be heard.

mp3s Ma'aseh Bereshit - taken from Altered states of divinity E. - taken from the split with Szron Unto Wormfeast Flesh - taken from A Thousand Voices Devotee / Son Of The God Supreme - taken from Devotee . These are full songs in medium quailty, 160 kbps. Altered States of Divinity taken from Altered States of Divinity. This has good quality, 256 kbps vbr. if this link expires, give me a pm and i will re-upload it.

These bands have lyrics about devil worship and such. whoever dismisses them for this should stop listening to black metal this instance and pick up the latest Nelly Furtado (wich is not that bad actually )

imo Kriegsmaschine is superior to Mgla, mainly because of the majestic atmosphere they create. Mgla has a very dynamic, makeyouheadbang music, wich bores me after a while.

discuss! also check the bands' websites Kriegsmaschine Mgla for more infos and pics.

* kataxu is the 3rd. i'm sorry. behemoth is in the mainstream famous top 100 now
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
13.04.2007 - 13:10
Basso
Account deleted
Haha great thread. I have heard everything from Mgla and its excellent. I am currently listening to the Kriegsmaschine samples and it sound good. Will have to listen more to it. The vocals are strong as hell from the vocalist in thoose bands.

And indeed Kataxu is among the elite of Poland together with Graveland and some few others \m/.
13.04.2007 - 20:35
Damnated
Churchburner
never liked graveland, :p but that's just me. anyways, i'm happy that so many people have responded. a lot of black metallers on this forum!
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
13.04.2007 - 22:12
UnholyMenace
Psycho
Mgla seems as a really great black metal band - definitely has some potential in my eyes. But I have heard only Mgla split with Exordium and their first demo few times so I cant give any longer thoughts.
14.04.2007 - 00:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
@Damnated.

Haha, you've only posted that thing today/yesterday man. (Depends on time region)

But fuck, I like Mgla. I must listen to some of that Kriegsmaschine. Thanks for telling me.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.04.2007 - 18:51
Basso
Account deleted
I am happy to say that im going to see Kriegsmaschine live together with Horna and Angantyr 12th September this year in Kopenhagen denmark. I had the luck of speaking with the Angantyr frontman and after a good talk he put me on the guest list, so I can even enter the gig for free
22.04.2007 - 21:54
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
MGLA are decent but not essential. I have their 'Md³o?ci' and 'Presence' EP's for trade or sale if anyone's interested.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
28.04.2007 - 19:06
tordensplage
Account deleted
Kriegsmaschine is a bigtime Polish ownage indeed ;]
I actualy found this page by surfing for some.
Mgla I didn't know untill now.. they sound ok =)
28.04.2007 - 19:14
Zombie, M.D.

I thought Mgla was nothing special from the tracks I heard from Crushing the Holy Trinity. Really standard Darkthrone wannabe stuff. Not bad but not really that good, either.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
04.07.2007 - 16:44
Lathronniel

i have Kriegsmaschine and indeed great band but didn't know about Mgla...i listened it good stuff
----
I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith...
09.07.2007 - 03:01
matos

well.. mgla (i like the name btw) is an ok band. I have mdlosci & Further down the nest, nice music. But they're not the only one, for me they're just another a bit above average new black metal band.
ps: can't agree with the indroduction sentence! polish scene is for me in the top 3 non-Scandinavia country. What's wrong with some really strong bands like Behemoth, Vader and Graveland ? + there are several fresh(er)( bands that also make good metal; Vesania, Abusinvness...
however my point is not bad metal country at all.
----
09.07.2007 - 12:58
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
After a few more listens 'Md³o?ci' has really grown on me. Nothing original but at least they do this style well. Prescence is pretty boring though.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
05.04.2008 - 09:22
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Listening to a Mgla mp3 off of their new album. I'm not sure what to think. Your basic Black Metal, so it's nothing fantastic but it's nicely done.
----
The force will be with you, always.
10.09.2008 - 15:56
VELVET (O)
Account deleted
Have to say, I'm listening to Mgla's first full length 'Groza' and I'm liking it very much. Great guitar sound, good songwriting and slightly melancholic. Definitely one of the better black metal releases this year.
10.09.2008 - 17:47
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Are the first 2 vinyls worth anything yet?
----

Read Watchmen.
11.09.2008 - 02:07
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 10.09.2008 at 15:56

Have to say, I'm listening to Mgla's first full length 'Groza' and I'm liking it very much. Great guitar sound, good songwriting and slightly melancholic. Definitely one of the better black metal releases this year.

Groza is really dull compared to the early material. be sure to check that out as well,
----

15.09.2008 - 14:13
TheBigRossowski

I find Kriegsmachine definitely more interesting than MGLA, but they both offer some great shit! Most of the time I go running (lately), I had 'Altered States of Divinity' playing on my iPod.

@Damnated- Yeah, you should definitely be proud to have so many responses. Its going SOMEWHERE!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
23.10.2008 - 20:37
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Hi. I found this link and thought it might be useful. If anyone wants to pick up the 'Presence' LP for cheap then it might be worth bidding here. He listed it as 'MGTA' rather than MGLA and there's no other band names mentioned in the title as search spam either so a lot of potential bidders won't actually find this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350114619466

hope this is useful to someone.
----

Read Watchmen.
08.05.2010 - 00:45
The Turbanator

Mgla's Mdlosci album is one of my favorite BM album ever. The drums, the riffs, the tune, the vocals.. everything done perfectly.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
03.03.2012 - 23:41
Apatheria

Currently high on the new Mgla release. Utterly fantastic record with some of the best energy I've heard in years, which benefits heavily from Darkside's wide range of ability behind the kit and M.'s passionate vocal performance.

I know that Kriegsmaschine involves both of them, so there's a very good chance I'll look into their discography in the near future, as I've really enjoyed the work of the aforementioned gentlemen in Mgla.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
07.03.2012 - 11:56
The Turbanator

Like I mentioned a few times, they're probably my top 5 best BM band. They just released a new album. Excellent stuff. BEHOLD!

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
07.03.2012 - 23:54
Apatheria

That's probably my favorite track on the record, although they're all brilliant pieces of work. To have that kind of consistency in a record is a rare, rare thing. I've now listened to the record a few times and there just isn't a weak track to be found.

As far as 2012 goes, I still don't see anything toppling this. Every time I listen to this record, a new riff stands out to me, I notice a new drum line from Darkside, and M's vocals just sound better and better each time I listen to this record.
----
Heavy metal is the law.