Metal Storm logo
Wintersun - Announce New Studio Album For 2017

The teasing/trolling seems to be over for Wintersun as their label Nuclear Blast Records just announced the release of their new album in 2017. The masters of melodic symphonies are finally back. In 2017, almost five years after the release of their Time I creation, the band announces the completion of the recording of their upcoming third studio album. On this yet untitled record, the Finns alongside songwriting master Jari Mäenpää "once again break the boundaries of metal and add a new and majestic twist to the history of music."

In the band's own words - be prepared for the end of a long wait and for... "it": "What is 'it'? It's 2017 folks, and it's going to be a great year! Time for some big Wintersun news? Yes, it is! When we said that 'it is done', we did not mean Time II, but we meant a new album for sure! Time II won't be the next Wintersun album, because of reasons you already know from past updates and interviews.

"So what is IT? IT is a new album and it is 100% done! And no, that's not the name of the album. This album will be something new and different, but equally great or perhaps even better in some ways. Over 53 minutes of solid Wintersun material (with no intro tracks) and with a killer concept!

"This album will be the 3rd full length Wintersun album. We will release the name of it soon and other details such as the track list etc. We're gonna start putting the pieces of the puzzle together for you guys, how it's going to be released and what will happen... It will be a whole new experience! It will all make sense to you very soon!

"And this album is not the only thing we've done, not by a long shot! In fact your minds will be blown soon! That is a guarantee. So click the notifications on in our Wintersun page, if you don't want to miss out on the new album! (Because of Facebook algorithm reach limit). Thanks guys!
"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Wintersun
Posted: 04.01.2017 by BloodTears

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 61   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 399 users
22.04.2017 - 15:07
ShadowGlanzmann

I love how much people just "bullshit" butthurtness, saying that Jari doesn't keep promises and bla bla bla... You're right. You shouldn't ever promise something and then fail. Although, he's throwing out 53 minutes, probably the best 53 minutes of the 10's and probably of this millenium. IDC how much it takes... Jari is a perfeccionist and he's somewhat mentally instable... The guy goes jogging in the forest and suddenly: " Fuck, I want to write an album about this." I'l gladly wait for July and listen to another absolute masterpiece. And, if possible, in the next two years, finally having my hands in the Time II album. Wintersun, is a band we all should support... There's no such crazy motherfuckers like this guys, doing masterpieces like this. IN apartments and with curtains for sound isolation... WTF???? By now, raping the replay button on the samples from the documentary!

Hits total: 6122 | This month: 6