Metal Storm logo
Thrash Recommendations

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 14.04.2007 - 06:14
Ok, I searched and I dont think I could find a topi to recommend/discuss thrash. Why Im posting this thread is because I must admit that there are very few thrash bands out there that dont bore me, these few would be bands like Megadeth, Sodom, and Kreator. I really enjoy Hybrid thrash though (thrash mixed with another genre) I.E. Keep Of Kalessin, black metal but highly thrash-like aswell. So particularly I would like to hear some recommendations on hybrid thrash, but feel free to recommend straight-up thrash aswell just to keep the topic open.

BTW- Please try and make the recommendations useful, dont recommend bands that Ive likely already heard, like Slayer or Metalica.
21.07.2023 - 12:41
Guib
Thrash Talker
Bahaha indeed! I'll be posting more stuff on here soonish.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
24.07.2023 - 12:59
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Black/Speed/Thrash band from Chile?

Alright.

24.07.2023 - 19:32
nikarg

Written by Guest on 24.07.2023 at 15:17

If you're even remotely interested in modern thrash then 100% you are already heavily into Chilean thrash scene, so no point in posting them here.

This is the actual point of this topic: to post thrash recommendations. It's up there in the original post. As for the first part, I am curious which data your assumption is based on.
25.07.2023 - 06:05
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 24.07.2023 at 15:17

If you're even remotely interested in modern thrash then 100% you are already heavily into Chilean thrash scene, so no point in posting them here.

Thats a strange statement lol.

- - -

Anyways... here's a rec.

Not featured on here (even though there's another band of the same name) but try the album Sarcator by the band Alkahest. Came out in 2022 from Sweden. Its neat.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
31.07.2023 - 08:44
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Tired of run-of-the mill Bay Area thrash outfits? Try this one.

Thrash from Mississippi riffsdozing with tad Testament worshipping songwriting. Great release.

31.07.2023 - 16:59
MetalstormBANatm

Suspiria. Good band for Cliff Button style of guitar riff.
25.11.2023 - 20:45
Metal Rasputin

If blackened thrash is your thing, then Funeral Nation is highly recommended. I'm listening to their only album right now and having a blast. Sucks hard that it's so overlooked and rare that you basically either need a miracle, sell a kidney or two or contact the band if you want to buy a copy. Life sucks.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
04.02.2024 - 04:39
Crocster
Aussie Metal God
Well there some great thrash metal bands from here in Australia. Here is Harlott from my hometown of Melbourne. THey have a few albums out on Metal Blade Records

https://youtu.be/DPG6BfMukI8?si=TbwGwg5LVbW7gORu
22.02.2024 - 12:18
Merre1990

Good morning everyone!

As mentioned in my presentation, I am the drummer of a thrash-groove metal band.
We are coming out with our second album (March 19th) and I created this topic to get feedback and constructive criticism to improve the composition of the next tracks! So without fear, come forward!
I leave you here some links to the listening and our videos. You would be doing us a favor by subscribing to our social channels to stay updated on our adventures and all the news!

https://linktr.ee/italicuscarnifex

https://open.spotify.com/intl-it/artist/1dY7MHDsUZ1A65n5b1MMYV

Thanks everyone in advance!!
26.03.2024 - 16:26
Megamike

Check out a Canadian band called Korrosive. You find them on youtube, and most social media platforms! Amazing thrash metal!
----
http://www.braingell.com Tune in "Live" every Saturday night 9pm-12am (EST) The best in Thrash , Death and Speed Metal!