Metal Storm logo
Fen - New Album Detailed

Fen have a new album ready to be released. Titled Winter, this is the UK black metal band's fifth studio album and Code666 Records will release it on March 17th, 2017. Winter was produced by Jaime Gomez Arellano and will be available in CD, double black vinyl limited to 300 copies, and digital formats. Find out more about the new songs below and check out the album cover.

The Watcher commented: "With Winter we wanted to 'return to the roots' of the band so to speak but not in the clichéd, nostalgic way many bands do - instead, we wanted this record to represent the 'essence' of Fen in terms of tone, atmosphere and above all concept. This album therefore very much describes a journey towards sanctity and redemption across a landscape steeped in mystery, hints of forgotten darkness and sorrows long since drowned in the distant past. It represents the culmination of over 18 months of writing and rehearsing, pushing ourselves harder and harder as musicians - it is a lengthy and self-indulgent record for which we make no apology. Indeed, it is a fitting tribute to mark ten years of the existence of Fen."

Tracklist:

01. I (Pathway)
02. II (Penance)
03. III (Fear)
04. IV (Interment)
05. V (Death)
06. VI (Sight)

Bonus (available on all the limited formats):

01. The Keening Soils
02. Sight (Reprise)
03. Penumbral Whispers
04. Temples Beyond The Shoreline

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Fen
Posted: 17.01.2017 by Paz

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 51 users
17.01.2017 - 18:49
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Have not checked out this band yet.
17.01.2017 - 19:49
Czerny Reiter

That cover is superb!

And I've just gotten into The Malediction Fields, so they're in a pretty warm place for me right now.
17.01.2017 - 20:43
FYA
Destroyer
Damn yea.
17.01.2017 - 22:22
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Giddy-the fuck -up!
----
rekt

Hits total: 1991 | This month: 6