Metal Storm logo
Morbid Saint (a must for Thrash fans)

14.04.2007 - 23:29
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Here I present: Morbid Saint!

One of the more unknown Thrash bands, who definatly deserve a mention among the classics! They are legendary in my eyes, for their only full-length album: Spectrum Of Death. That was a piece of very aggressive and extreme Thrash metal which should be mentioned in one breath among the well-known classics. But they are not. I still don't have a clue why.

I really hope this thread will get some replies, cause I know a fair amount of people like them on this forum. So post away and discuss Morbid Saint!

Miscellaneous information can be found here: http://www.pcmdusa.com/ms/index.html#mp3s
All the songs can be found here: http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/test2/MorbidSaint.html
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.04.2007 - 23:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hahah one more old school one album great thrash bands from USA I had lsiten album 'Spectrum of Death' IMO all old school thrash fans has hear it, OZMAN too and well its hard getible album, but awsome nasty old school thrash
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.04.2007 - 23:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yeah, 'tis an album any fan of the old school must have heard. It is hard too find, but I am the proud owner of the re-release with the Destruction System on it as well.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.04.2007 - 02:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm surprised Spectrum of Death hasn't been re-released yet...I've been waiting for it to be remastered by someone...
15.04.2007 - 02:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
It is re-released. There is a re-issue with the Destruction System demo. However, this was release was limited to 500!!! Dickheads. Why limit such an awesome album?!

Why would you want it to be remastered? I think it sounds great as it is. A great old-school dirty production.
----

15.04.2007 - 02:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I want them to do something with it so I can buy it somewhere lol.
15.04.2007 - 02:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
haha.

I think your only option is e-bay, though it's not common on there either, I think.
----

15.04.2007 - 06:12
Mega-Slayer
Yeah if you find an original copy on ebay,expect to put forth your life savings Well not exactly,but around $50 really.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
15.04.2007 - 12:26
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 14.04.2007 at 23:29

For those who don't know them yet, Spectrum Of Death can be downloaded here: http://www.pcmdusa.com/ms/index.html#mp3s

I cant find the damn link to download it on the site. please help.
15.04.2007 - 12:34
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 15.04.2007 at 12:26

Written by Lucas on 14.04.2007 at 23:29

For those who don't know them yet, Spectrum Of Death can be downloaded here: http://www.pcmdusa.com/ms/index.html#mp3s

I cant find the damn link to download it on the site. please help.

Damn! The links have disappeared. I should have double checked.

They have a myspace though! http://www.myspace.com/spectrumofdeath

On that MySpace there are a couple of songs, but unfortunatly not the best one of the entire album: Assassin.

EDIT: I also found this site, all the songs are here: http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/test2/MorbidSaint.html
----

15.04.2007 - 12:51
ylside
Staff
There was a thread about Morbid Saint in the MS v2 I remember clearly. Anyway awesome thrash band! I really like that style. Spectrum of Death is awesome.

And..is there anyone else that thinks that the monster in the cover slays Maiden's Eddie ?
15.04.2007 - 12:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Yeah I do!!! It is so much more brutal!!
----

17.04.2007 - 13:55
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
What can I say more than an awesome band and an awesome killer album (if not an old school Thrash classic)!!

Good idea to "revive" this thread. They definitely deserve to be accredited here on MS.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
17.04.2007 - 15:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lucas on 15.04.2007 at 02:39

It is re-released. There is a re-issue with the Destruction System demo. However, this was release was limited to 500!!! Dickheads. Why limit such an awesome album?!

Why would you want it to be remastered? I think it sounds great as it is. A great old-school dirty production.

Yeah I got that reissue as well. I was very glad when I bumped into it in the record store.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.04.2007 - 05:09
Richard
Elite
Written by ylside on 15.04.2007 at 12:51

And..is there anyone else that thinks that the monster in the cover slays Maiden's Eddie ?

Nah, I prefer Eddie! Actually I think I remember reading that the band wanted a different cover because the monster looked too much like an Eddie rip-off!

Musically, I think Morbid Saint were a good quality Thrash band. The fairly raw production and harsh vocal style makes the overall effect sound all the more vicious. Sort of like a blacker version of Dark Angel in a way.
----
18.04.2007 - 05:53
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Spectrum Of Death is indeed an awesome, highly underrated Thrash Metal piece, probably my favourite of the genre after Sabbat's "Hystory Of A Time To Come"

I'm no a thrasher though
10.06.2007 - 16:12
orathac
Account deleted
omg i got this album but on recording, one of my friend hava the album on vunil and i voicerecorde them and now i listen them in that way.I can't found their album, there is a demo too but also cant be found morbid saint was a great band for my opinion maybe one of the best thrash
10.06.2007 - 18:09
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by Richard on 18.04.2007 at 05:09

Written by ylside on 15.04.2007 at 12:51

Nah, I prefer Eddie! Actually I think I remember reading that the band wanted a different cover because the monster looked too much like an Eddie rip-off!

Yeah there was actually a different cover already, but wasn't used, according to this site. I think it's pretty sick actually. http://www.pcmdusa.com/ms/

And I finally found a copy online of the reissue with Destruction System. It should be coming pretty soon
10.06.2007 - 20:47
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Guest on 10.06.2007 at 18:09

Yeah there was actually a different cover already, but wasn't used, according to this site. I think it's pretty sick actually. http://www.pcmdusa.com/ms/

And I finally found a copy online of the reissue with Destruction System. It should be coming pretty soon

Be happy then, cause it is an awesome album. And that different cover is on the back of the booklet.
----

11.06.2007 - 10:01
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
haha. where was this thread , thanks for the resurrection

One amazing speed metal band ..... OWNS ever bay area bands in and out . MY favorite and yes i am one of those losers who havn't get the album "Spectrum Of Death" album
12.06.2007 - 21:37
Zombie, M.D.
Maybe Im the odd man out, but I always considered this a black metal album. Obviously I mean in the pre-Scandinavian sense of the term (i.e Sarcofago, early Sepultura, early Sodom, etc) before the genre barriers had really materialized. Either way, this record slays.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
12.06.2007 - 21:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Black Metal? Never really looked at it that way. Don't think I agree, but those days were hard to qualify, that's for sure.
----

13.06.2007 - 18:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 12.06.2007 at 21:37

Maybe Im the odd man out, but I always considered this a black metal album. Obviously I mean in the pre-Scandinavian sense of the term (i.e Sarcofago, early Sepultura, early Sodom, etc) before the genre barriers had really materialized. Either way, this record slays.

Sure you are talking about the same Morbid Saint. Even though I never ever even considered early-Sepultura, early-Sodom, early-Destruction as an early precursor to black metal they are more BM imo than Morbid Saint ever was. Morbid Saint are as thrash as thrash could get at the time.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.06.2007 - 15:54
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Hmmm the vocals are quite black metal actually, reminds me of Mille's (my fave thrash vocalist) except more extreme. That's why I love this album... the really raw sound. The drumming is awesome as well.

Haha I got it on tape off ebay, not sure if it's real or is just some cheap copy though.

Lock up your children!!!
14.07.2007 - 01:21
Stigmatized
Listened to "Spectrum of Death" for the first time this morning. Killer stuff, wish I could find an actual copy of the album.
14.07.2007 - 23:58
Basso
Account deleted
What the f**k why didnt I check this out earlier, this is exactly the kind of Thrash I love!
20.07.2007 - 04:45
Syk
myspace/bonerama
These guys need to be added to MS, been one of my very favourite albums for a year. I think it's odd how most people rave about Assassin, my least fav song on the album... but it's still perfect! The last two tracks take my cake
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
21.07.2007 - 12:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Syk on 20.07.2007 at 04:45

These guys need to be added to MS, been one of my very favourite albums for a year. I think it's odd how most people rave about Assassin, my least fav song on the album... but it's still perfect! The last two tracks take my cake

PM to Marcel maybe he can do it I agree thay shood be here
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.08.2007 - 01:14
selken
Irreligious
damn, while searching on the web, i only find results about Morbid Angel and Saint Vitus
time to use "Morbid Saint"
----
08.08.2007 - 08:26
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Lucas on 10.06.2007 at 20:47

Written by Guest on 10.06.2007 at 18:09

Be happy then, cause it is an awesome album. And that different cover is on the back of the booklet.

Any link for buying the album , most of the ebays rates are 75$ +