‹‹ Back to the Metal arena Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 117  
Search this topic:  
What's your favourite Power Metal Debut Album by a German band?

Helloween-Walls Of Jericho26
Blind Guardian-Battalions Of Fear24
Masterplan-Masterplan13
Edguy-Savage Poetry8
Other8
Gamma Ray-Heading For Tomorrow6
Primal Fear-Primal Fear3

Total votes: 88

The original post

Posted by on 15.04.2007 at 07:16
Germany is the creater and definetly my favourite country for Power Metal so I was just wondering what debut albums you like best by these German Power Metal bands. Just vote, explain why you enjoy that certain album more and try not to be rude to those who don't share your opinion.

My favourite of these would have to be Battalions of Fear, one of the fastest, heaviest Power Metal albums ever to be made, and I love Hansi's vocals in that album a lot.

Page 2 of 2

RavenKing

06.02.2011 at 20:04
"Walls Of Jericho", closely followed by "Battalions Of Fear".
The other ones mentioned in the poll, I couldn't care less.

A little sidenote: I know it is technically incorrect but I consider Gamma Ray really began with LOTF (as it marked Kai Hansen's return on vocals and is the first album of Gamma Ray as we know it today) and this album as the first 'real' Gamma Ray album. I see the Scheepers era more as a side project from Kai Hansen after his departure from Helloween than as a real band.
And LOTF would take the third place in my list, if we look at it as the band's first album.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
RavenKing

06.02.2011 at 20:11
Written by Bad English on 09.10.2007 at 22:36

Its speed metal not power thrsh, power thrash are Iced Earth

Sorry to disagree but early BG is melodic Speed Metal, which can also be called Power/Speed.
It's not pure Speed Metal because it's too melodic. And it has something Thrashy.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
JohnDoe

06.02.2011 at 22:21
Masterplan self titled debut album is great, it's my first choice, Helloween's debut is my second choice.
----
"what happens in my subconscious is not my business"
Angelic Storm
Melodious

07.02.2011 at 00:46
"Walls Of Jericho" definitely. The original, and still the best. xD

The re-recording of "The Savage Poetry" is awesome, and it is a great album. The original of it though isnt that great. One of the very rare instances where a re-doing of an album has been better than the original.
Thunderhead

17.02.2011 at 08:11
We are heading for tomorrow!
Must be that one. They started great, and them...started to fall... kkkk just kidding, but i love the first, then like less the others...
Walls of jericho in second place.
Heavy metal breakdown in third.
----
"You may got money, and can buy anything you want. But there's a thing you will never be able to buy. It's a dinossaur!" - Homer J.Simpson
Metal Invader

17.02.2011 at 16:49
Imo Walls Of Jericho cos im a big Helloween fan!!:)
Dentura
Shadow King

06.10.2012 at 06:28
Haven't really listened to any of them except for Blind Guardian's debut, which kicks ass, so I might as well vote for that.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

13.10.2012 at 04:06
I'd say Gamma Ray because I don't think it's fair to count Avantasia, as it's a supergroup, but it would be my 1st choice.
----
GO THE SHARKS!

"I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "How does he know what I'm thinking?" Well I know everything, and so does your internet service provider."

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.